Gold Rush [32 bpp mod]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

V453000 :)
President
President

Re: Gold Rush [32 bpp mod]

Post by V453000 :) »

I often even increase constrast in postproduction, high contrast sprites just fit the game a lot more as they seem more clear what is going on there.
ImageImageImage
Bad_Brett
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Bad_Brett »

NekoMaster wrote:New render settings look more realistic, move lively. The west may have been rough, but it was mostly new settlements.

If at all possible, maybe make older buildings look degraded and dull, and new buildings colorful and lively. Especially with wooden structures.
This is already the case. There are six versions of each house; Three for construction, one with a new look, one with an aged look and one for repairs. :)

I agree that the new render settings look more realistic and lively. Hopefully this will make it easier to make stuff with company colors fit in better.
Trainmarzo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Trainmarzo »

Definitely the new ones
Zplinter
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zplinter »

Hey man!
This work is awesome! I hope you finnish it someday, i keep looking in here now and then waiting to get a release. This is the texture pack i've been waiting for it looks so awesome!

Great work keep it up!
And a happy new year!
willem59
Engineer
Engineer

Post by willem59 »

Hi Bad_brett, I still love your work. Don't you have an expected release date?
Using Tapatalk
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

willem59 wrote:Hi Bad_brett, I still love your work. Don't you have an expected release date?
Release date is is the same as with all open source projects. Definitely at infinity, perhaps earlier.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Zplinter
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zplinter »

Alberth wrote:
willem59 wrote:Hi Bad_brett, I still love your work. Don't you have an expected release date?
Release date is is the same as with all open source projects. Definitely at infinity, perhaps earlier.
True but hopefully we wont get to wait that long untill we can try it :D
Bad_Brett wrote:Hey, everyone! I'm sorry that there haven't been any updates lately, but I can assure you that I've been working a lot on the project. And I'm planning to make an early release, but there are still some things that needs to be done.

I've also upgrade my system, which was a big issue before.

I've spent so many days on this project, so I can guarantee you that it will be released - eventually. Hopefully sooner than later. :)

Oh, and feel free to check out the video as well. It may give you a hint on why I haven't been feeling very well this spring. The support here really means a lot to me.
"Postat: fre jul 18, 2014 2:13 pm" tho this was 6 month ago xD
Made the intresting part thick ;)
Glynbd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Glynbd »

Hope you are better,

Keep checking back every few months, any chance of a few screenshots for the less patient among us? :P
Bad_Brett
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Bad_Brett »

Hey everyone! Thank you for your support!

I've realised that I'm terrible with updates, but good news: I'm back on track again! :D

I had to make a important decision. I got many complaints that the old graphics were too "dark"... I was okay with that, because I wanted a darker feeling. But, as soon as you apply company colors, it starts looking rather weird. So I basically had to alternatives:

1) Avoid using masks and make new sprites for every color

2) Make my sprites brigther and happier

After posting my Vray buildings here, it felt that people appreciated the new happier look, so I've been re-rendering the old sprites to the new happier look.

My plan now is to release the tileset first, then the buildings, then the industries and so on. This way you don't have to wait forever and I believe I could benefit greatly from positive feedback. :)

Anyway, thanks again. It really makes my day to read your kind comments!
newscreen.png
newscreen.png (710.33 KiB) Viewed 5640 times
President
President

Looks awesome :)
ImageImageImage
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

in theory, you can alter the recolour maps to change the company colours to some less bright/saturated look
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Screenshots are exceptionally good.

Dunno it if helps, but for industries, FIRS just bans some company colours because they don't look good.

Did I also see you posting at Eurobricks? Or is there another Bad Brett? ;)
Bad_Brett
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Bad_Brett »

andythenorth wrote:Screenshots are exceptionally good.

Dunno it if helps, but for industries, FIRS just bans some company colours because they don't look good.

Did I also see you posting at Eurobricks? Or is there another Bad Brett? ;)
Thank you! That's a really nice suggestion. I never realised you could do that.

Yeah, that's me. Proud AFOL (if you happen to have pics of the 42043, please send me a PM) ;)
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

Off-topic: Bad_Brett - if you're an AFOL then you should check out http://www.swebrick.se - but maybe you are already there under another name?
Zplinter
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zplinter »

This is looking so awesome, i just cant wait for the early release to test it out!

Keep the good work up!

Du äger! :D
Octopuss
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Octopuss »

I really like your skills.
I wish I was rich, I'd hire your full time to recreate the original game's graphics in hires :D
Zplinter
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zplinter »

Been on here looking for new posts 1 time a day. Still no patch to try this awesome textures out. :(
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

you know you can "subscribe" to a topic to get an email when something happens, instead of looking every day?

at the current speed, it could be years until something playable comes out. or tomorrow. who knows?
Bad_Brett
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Bad_Brett »

Well, I'm back again, with another update from the never-ending project. The good news is that I've learned tons of stuff and finally have a really good system for generating the sprites. This means that it will be very easy to make adjustments, so that I don't have to redo everything manually.

Things have changed quite a bit since I started the project. I wasn't happy with the colors nor the rendering settings, so the mod will look quite different when it comes out. Hope you like it! :)
goldrushnew.png
goldrushnew.png (1.38 MiB) Viewed 695 times
President
President

Looks absolutely amazing.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Graphics Development”