New specialized station graphics?

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

New specialized station graphics?

Post by krtaylor »

I read something about specialized train stations, such that if the station only ever had freight trains arriving it would not look like the current stations, but rather a freightyard with overhead cranes, stacks of cargo, etc. Was this just a thought, or being researched, or impossible, or what? I think that would be very cool. If there's a way to check which trains go to a given station, and what cargo they have, then it might be possible to switch the graphics to an alternate set.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Colonel Sheperd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: New specialized station graphics?

Post by Colonel Sheperd »

krtaylor wrote:I read something about specialized train stations, such that if the station only ever had freight trains arriving it would not look like the current stations, but rather a freightyard with overhead cranes, stacks of cargo, etc. Was this just a thought, or being researched, or impossible, or what? I think that would be very cool. If there's a way to check which trains go to a given station, and what cargo they have, then it might be possible to switch the graphics to an alternate set.
it's being researched by MB and eis_os
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Thanks. I'd like to see that. but they certainly have a lot on their plate!
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

MB hopes it can be done by alpha 20, although he says he is having unforseen problems doing the harder stations like oil and the like, because he needs to have more sprites over-hanging the tracks than is currently possible. Also, it is hard to set a "date" as such, because both Michael and eis_os are doing it in their spare times, along with other projects etc. They work hard, and we all are lucky enough to have it shared with us :))

Bookmark Michaels page, and check back for updates, I think this, the alpine set, the scandinavian set and the cargo set are the current projects.

http://www.patagonia.de.vu/ttd
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
troopper5
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by troopper5 »

I've forgotten, that what topic were discussed about that spesialized station effect, could someone help me? :oops:
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...

Return to “Graphics Development”