[OTTD] 2cc TrainSet - The Trains of the world in 2cc

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

What kind of flag should futuristic trains have

UN Flag
46%
Olympic flag
7%
Have a suggested country
15%
No Flag
31%
Other, i've made a post about this
1%

Total votes: 249

Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] 2cc TrainSet - The Trains of the world in 2cc

Post by Voyager One »

2009? Pre-VoyagerOne time... :lol: I didn't know about those.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Good to see this set is still being worked on even years after I made my last contribution :mrgreen:
Emperor Jake wrote:
aantono wrote:Earlier in this topic there was a discussion about adding ER2 & ER200 to the set (http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 60#p815878) and there even was a contribution of the sprites. Looking at the last version I don't see those trains in there. Can someone from the authors comment on that, if possible?
I don't know of any sprites for these, otherwise I would likely have added them.
Assuming you talk about this post?

Well, for one, DJ asked them to be placed in a template, which may be a reason why they weren't included so far.

Another problem is that these sprites include non-CC colors, mainly the red pantographs and yellow front of the ER2T, which contradicts the drawing style in the 2ccSet.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Hmmm... so those just need some recoloring... that can be easily done...
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Voyager One wrote:Hmmm... so those just need some recoloring... that can be easily done...
And templating :P

As far as I can see, those were the only two objections we had in the time, which probably lead to those sprites never being used.

We probably need to update the credits too if we include these sprites :P
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
aantono
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by aantono »

Thank you guys for looking into this. Even though I was not the one who suggested those to be included, but I would REALLY love to see them in the set, as they are both great EMU trains. :) Wish I could help out, but I know absolutely nothing about making sprites and what it means to "put them in a template" :(
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Means putting sprites into correct places in those blue boxes... :wink: :lol:
Leon

Image Image Image Image
aantono
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by aantono »

Voyager One wrote:Means putting sprites into correct places in those blue boxes... :wink: :lol:
Something tells me it is easier said than done. :wink:
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Actually it's extremely easy. You just need to know what kind of "blue box" template you need to use. Unfortunately, many developers use many different templates...
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

aantono wrote:
Voyager One wrote:Means putting sprites into correct places in those blue boxes... :wink: :lol:
Nopes. The main problem is this task being too easy, offering no challenge at all. Along with the quantity of sprites that usually need to be templated, this is a boring and tedious task if one needs to template several trains.
Image Image
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

aantono wrote:
It's not that difficult, I did that for the Dutch Trainset for a number of trains, but it is as Purno describes a very repetitive task if you need to do a lot of trains, making it easy to make small errors like switching sprites or misaligning them by some pixels.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

More notably, because this is such a tedious task, it's always hard to find a volunteer to do it. :mrgreen:
Image Image
malinkiii
Engineer
Engineer

Post by malinkiii »

Hi there,

I'm kind of new to OpenTTD, but I've noticed that on Metro trains, when I purchase carriages I cannot rotate them, so it's basically two front facing carriages together with open backs, when it should be one facing forward, and another facing backwards.

If you understand what I'm talking about, please help!

I've attached a picture of my two 1938 stock carriages for you to view. See, it's just an open back, both of the carriages are front-facing?

Thanks in advance, if you can help me! :bow:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-05-29 at 10.56.59.png
Screen Shot 2013-05-29 at 10.56.59.png (15.69 KiB) Viewed 3013 times
Twyster
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Twyster »

malinkiii wrote:Hi there,

I'm kind of new to OpenTTD, but I've noticed that on Metro trains, when I purchase carriages I cannot rotate them, so it's basically two front facing carriages together with open backs, when it should be one facing forward, and another facing backwards.

If you understand what I'm talking about, please help!

I've attached a picture of my two 1938 stock carriages for you to view. See, it's just an open back, both of the carriages are front-facing?

Thanks in advance, if you can help me! :bow:
Not really familiar with the metro vehicles, but that's probably a bug.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Like I said in your other topic, does this happen to all metro vehicles or just this particular one?
Image Image
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

I think this is due to a coding bug in DJ's code. I could fix it, but I'd have to figure out the existing code or rewrite the metros entirely. The best solution would be for me to write new code for all the metros and having them in a separate NewGRF like the wagons. Unfortunately I currently do not have time for this.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Emperor Jake wrote:IThe best solution would be for me to write new code for all the metros and having them in a separate NewGRF like the wagons.
How would that work? I mean, the wagons in the wagon set aren't included in the main set, are they? So that's an addition.

But the metros are in the main set. Adding a separate GRF to it would give duplicate results in the depot list, wouldn't it?

I'm beginning to wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea to recode the whole set, either in one GRF or split up in smaller GRFs...
Image Image
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Purno wrote:I'm beginning to wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea to recode the whole set, either in one GRF or split up in smaller GRFs...
+1 vote for that. :|
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Voyager One wrote:
Purno wrote:I'm beginning to wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea to recode the whole set, either in one GRF or split up in smaller GRFs...
+1 vote for that. :|
Thanks for the vote, but in the end it's up to the coder, as we kinda depend on him :P

But so far, I'm not convinced making a seperate GRF with the metro vehicles, is a good idea. I fear it'll only give more confusion and create a mess of 2cc GRFs. And the bug that has been discovered and let to this discussion isn't really big enough to make these kinds of actions. AFAICT, it hasn't even be confirmed the bug is in the 2ccSet GRF. The person who reported this bug hasn't visited the forums after he posted his question, and thus doesn't seem to be available to answer any questions we may have. Perhaps someone could try to reproduce the bug? Just to confirm it's actually in the 2ccSet GRF before we take further action :P
Image Image
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Purno wrote:but in the end it's up to the coder
... therefore the "not-so-happy" smiley... :wink:

Ultimately, Jake (or any other coder) will have to choose a lesser evil...
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Voyager One wrote:Ultimately, Jake (or any other coder) will have to choose a lesser evil...
Or a greater evil... :P
Image Image

Return to “Graphics Development”