Useful Graphic Tools & Sites & Install Guides

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Useful Graphic Tools & Sites & Install Guides

Post by Purno »

Both are difficult unless you know how to do it properly. One has the talent of drawing, another has the talent of coding. Only a few people have the talent of both.

My advice;

If you want to draw; Read my tutorials (link in sig)
If you want to code; Get GRF Maker (which should be publicy available by now, AFAIK)
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Addi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Addi »

Does somewhere a "expandet notepad" exist, which works as simple as the original notepad, but which automatic write the sprite numbers and optional also the lenght of the pseudosprites?
Its very laborious to change all the sprite numbers, when I add or remove a line somewhere in the middle or at the beginning of the nfo file. And when the program also count the lenght of the pseudosprites, would be also very helpful...
Sorry for my bad english!

Wi wärs mitämä bsüächli uf minere Siitä http://www.ttdx.ch.vu?
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

Notepad++ - open source with "recording" key strokes possibilities to replay that
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
Leviath.NL
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Leviath.NL »

Addi wrote:Does somewhere a "expandet notepad" exist, which works as simple as the original notepad, but which automatic write the sprite numbers and optional also the lenght of the pseudosprites?
Its very laborious to change all the sprite numbers, when I add or remove a line somewhere in the middle or at the beginning of the nfo file. And when the program also count the lenght of the pseudosprites, would be also very helpful...
You can use nforenum
Ammler
President
President

Post by Ammler »

I missed that tool on the list: Grf2Html
Kickme93
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kickme93 »

Which Is Used For Making Sprites Then Making Them Into .Grf For Openttd And TTDPatch?

Id Fancy A Challenge Making Some Of The Locomotives My Dad Works On (E.W.S)
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

The Ones That The Tutorial Says To Use, Of Course.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
ken1233
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ken1233 »

I have designed a grf editor for windows. You can use it to edit grfs or creat new ones.
It is written in C++. The source code is available if anyone is interested.
Attachments
grfedit.zip
(660.1 KiB) Downloaded 599 times
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

I would be very interested. Especially in how you got the linker to generate an invalid DLL load.

And in why there's an invalid script and a "buy tramadol" link in the CHM.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

DaleStan wrote:I would be very interested. Especially in how you got the linker to generate an invalid DLL load.
Actually, you can read about that on the Microsoft web site. There's an update, too. Sorry, didn't save the link, but if you google for the error message you'll find it.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

DaleStan wrote:And in why there's [...] a "buy tramadol" link in the CHM.
Maybe because there has been one in the newgrf spec for quite some time?
misieq666
Engineer
Engineer

Post by misieq666 »

Hi, I didn't know where to ask, and I decided to wrote here.
It is already exist some (advanced) tutorial in coding via GRF Maker ? I want to code reffitable wagon with diferent graphics for each cargo type. Is it possible to make something like that in this program ?
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Perhaps GRFmaker could be added to the list of useful tools?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

Here's something fun, and helpful.
pVY72Zo.png
(63.45 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
(more over here)
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Phreeze
Director
Director

Post by Phreeze »

is the imgur link still valid ? can't see any picture while clicking the link (perhaps caused by work fw.. ;) )
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Phreeze wrote:is the imgur link still valid ? can't see any picture while clicking the link (perhaps caused by work fw.. ;) )
its ok!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

The page itself is fine, but I'm getting an error on it that the image does not exist. And I'm at home and not blocking anything.
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

kamnet wrote:The page itself is fine, but I'm getting an error on it that the image does not exist. And I'm at home and not blocking anything.
I think thah You two talk about that second link right? I first thought the first one but that's in tt-forums link... my bad. second picture is gone for me with no massage other than 11 comment!

Return to “Graphics Development”