Planeset [version 1.5.3 released 2006-10-24]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Do you like the 'planespeed' switch?

Poll ended at 14 Aug 2003 16:11

Yes
21%
No, planes go to fast
42%
You should be able to set percentage
38%

Total votes: 24

Aydan
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Aydan »

here's the ruslans with changed colors:
Attachments
Ruslan21.png
Ruslan21.png (3.05 KiB) Viewed 2281 times
Ruslan06.png
Ruslan06.png (2.95 KiB) Viewed 2281 times
Ruslan01.png
Ruslan01.png (2.87 KiB) Viewed 2281 times
Aydan
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Aydan »

and the animated version:
Attachments
Ruslan-ani.png
(37.93 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

DaleStan wrote:@Patchman, I suppose a callback for yrel adjustment would be too much to ask[0]?
Also, is there any good way to animate the Ruslan?
a) yes, the sprite metadata is stored with the sprites and not used until TTD draws them on-screen, by then it's too late for a callback

b) I can't think of a good way, particularly since the sprites aren't updated except when the amount of cargo changes, so it would have to depend on the amount of cargo unless you want it to open while still away from the terminal
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Really? Maybe I misunderstand how the new-style TTD animations work.

1. I've heard that you can substitute a different graphic when the plane arrives at the terminal gate. We're planning on eventually using this to show servicing equipment around the planes, or airstairs at the small airports.

2. I've heard that you can now place an animation where previously there was a single still image.

3. Most animations allow the choice of run-once or cycle-through-forever. Maybe that's the weakness - TTD animations don't have the option of run-once?

But if they did, when the Ruslan arrived at the gate, you'd run the open-the-hatch animation, once, and leave it with the hatch open. When the plane was loaded and ready to go, you'd run the close-the-hatch animation. If the airport wasn't busy and the plane could leave immediately, there wouldn't actually be time for the whole animation to run before the plane moved, you'd just see the nose slam shut and off goes the plane. But at a busy airport, where often a departing plane has to wait its turn to taxi, there'd be plenty of time for the closing animation to run prior to the plane actually starting to move.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Number three is the problem. Run once animation is exceedingly difficult, within the confines of TTD. As Patchman said, pretty much the only reliable counter for such is the amount of cargo the plane is currently carrying, which is neither safe nor sufficient for the Ruslan animations.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I've uploaded an expanded website for the Planeset that's somewhat prettier. But I'm no graphic artist. If someone wants to do a logo, and it looks nice, I'll gladly add it. Also, we need a list of all the planes with a brief text description of their history, and in-game screenshots of each. I'm too busy testing too many things to be able to chase down that many different graphics, so others, please post them. (Already cropped, please...)
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Here's the Ruslan. Currently, it does not open its cargo doors when refit as a tanker (Oil, Water, Rubber, or Goods (liquid)), and opens its nose and lowers its ramp for all other cargoes. Suggestions for ways to use more of Aydan's sprites are welcome. It seems there ought to be some circumstances where the ramp is not required, but I'm not sure what they are, so I left that out.

As with the Zeppelins, you'll have to put this after the latest beta of the Planeset. This version of the Ruslan is able to carry mail, but there's no other functional difference between this and the Planeset's Ruslan.

@krtaylor: The download page for the Planeset says "Stations" and "alpha 39 or greater". Currently, it's at a42 or greater--that's when the rotor override feature got completely debugged. Eventually it'll be up to a48 or greater.

(attachments removed--included in latest Planeset)
Last edited by DaleStan on 06 May 2005 10:31, edited 1 time in total.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

DaleStan wrote:@krtaylor: teh download page for teh Planeset says "Stations" and "alpha 39 or greater". Currently, it's at a42 or greater--that's when teh rotor override feature got completely debugged.
Fixed here, will be up there next time I upload. The version posted there isn't necessarily the latest, and I'm not really promoting the site until we get 459's version integrating the Zepplelins, Shorts, and Ruslan - and hopefully, the 747s as well. Then we'll make a public release and announce it as such, although I expect we'll make more releases as Aydan renders the not-very-good planes and original TTD planes. I don't think they need all to be rendered necessarily, though.
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Shouldn't the 7E7 now be the 787? ;)
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

WTH?!?!
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

459 did say he'd rename it.

OT: I'm having great fun here; attempting to convey meaning without using any words deemed verboten.[0]

[0]"deemed verboten"=="will display differently than typed"
Szappy
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Szappy »

What about this for a refit variant of the 747?
Image please use email instead of PM
Aydan
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Aydan »

I'll rerender the cargo 747 for all cargo liveries with openend and closed hatches.
Do you want both states in one file or each state seperate?
Aydan
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Aydan »

Szappy wrote:What about this for a refit variant of the 747?
why not make the "Beluga" an airbus refit? At least this one alredy exists.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Aydan wrote:I'll rerender the cargo 747 for all cargo liveries with openend and closed hatches.
Do you want both states in one file or each state seperate?
Obviously, the fewer files you make, the fewer posts are required, but beyond that, it doesn't matter to me.

The Beluga as an airbus refit? Sure. Obviously it shouldn't be an option for pax; any other cargoes shouldn't it carry?
Aydan
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Aydan »

I had to render them seperate or the displacement would cause strange pixel errors. I rendered all pax liveries in both versions (100/400) and the cargo versions with closed/opened hatches. If anything's missing, just tell me.
Attachments
747.rar
(55.98 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
Spaceball
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Spaceball »

Is there any way to have an thing with two different sprites? It would be much easier for me to draw the containers without the chinook. The file I use is getting bigger and bigger.

Would it be possible to have the chinook sprites and the container sprites seperated? So I only have to draw the containers and don't have to make every sprite twice because of the chinooks livery.

cu, Spaceball
Contributor to the Planeset.Planeset Thread
DVDs - Gotta Catch Them All!
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I'm sorry, no, that is not possible in TTD. Of course, you can draw the containers once and just copy them into the sprite underneath the various Chinooks. But when it's coded into TTD, they have to be just one sprite.
Spaceball
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Spaceball »

@krtaylor

Yes, thats what I thought. Ok then I have to draw a lots of sprites.

cu, Spaceball
Contributor to the Planeset.Planeset Thread
DVDs - Gotta Catch Them All!
CyberBoy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by CyberBoy »

Shouldn't the 7E7 now be the 787?
I guess the Sonic Cruiser should be the 797 then?
[account deleted]

Return to “Graphics Development”