Finnish Rail Infrastructure & Stations Set [WIP]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Finnish Rail Infrastructure & Stations Set [WIP]

Post by kyosuke1989 »

GarryG wrote:Hi fellas, I enjoy using your friss-stations set with the lineside objects. But most of your lineside boxes are for more modern day signalling and possibly what you had in your country.

I wondering can I use some of your files and recode to make some other lineside objects based on Australian such as signal boxes and staff huts to go with the NSWTrains and AuzTrains I been making.

I played around with 'karhukangasint_1' files and the 'markkalaint_1' files and made this signal box based on one in Broadmeadow, NSW, Australia.

What I been working on can be found here http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193

I don't understand the nml coding, so I just copy and paste what other like yourselves have done and just change a few things like file names.

Hope you have no objection me using what you have done.

Thank you kindly.

Hope everyone in your country having a great Christmas.
It's okay, no problem, since GPL license. :)
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Thanks kindly .. although it say I can in licence, I still like to ask to show my appreciation.
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
Japsor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Japsor »

Hey, i have come across a small problem. When i use the set and place signals the graphics of those signals seems to be reversed. So the lights are actualy on the other side of where the train is comming from. Any idea how to fix this?
Belgium here
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

I believe I have found a bug when running FRISS with OTTD 1.6.1:
Trenville Transport, 20th Jun 2000.png
(130.64 KiB) Not downloaded yet
It's just a 'vanilla' game in Arctic climate. As you can see the rails are randomly showing different sprites.

I have used this GRF plenty of times before but this is the first time with 1.6.1 if that sheds any light.
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Sorry to bump the thread, but I found a terrible bug in FRISS-Rail Infrastructure 1.0.0.
Spörkboda Transport, 26th Mar 1946.png
(124.85 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Spörkboda Transport, 26th Mar 1946#1.png
(126.17 KiB) Not downloaded yet
The custom signal in NW-SE direction (assuming north is top of the screen, and AFAIK no way to rotate viewpoint so far) is almost always bugged, the semaphore signals are from OpenGFX which shows the correct direction, and the light signals are from FRISS itself. I first noticed it after upgrading from version 0.5.2, that some of the signal suddenly points themselves the wrong way. I thought it was some random flipping, with the actual states/pathfinder direction also flipped, but apparently it isn't. The custom semaphore is also bugged.

I really hope this could be rectified. I'm running on OpenTTD version 1.7.1 (don't know if it's still officially an RC because there's no option for it). The game is quite old, only picked up again.
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

YNM wrote:Sorry to bump the thread, but I found a terrible bug in FRISS-Rail Infrastructure 1.0.0.

Spörkboda Transport, 26th Mar 1946.pngSpörkboda Transport, 26th Mar 1946#1.png
The custom signal in NW-SE direction (assuming north is top of the screen, and AFAIK no way to rotate viewpoint so far) is almost always bugged, the semaphore signals are from OpenGFX which shows the correct direction, and the light signals are from FRISS itself. I first noticed it after upgrading from version 0.5.2, that some of the signal suddenly points themselves the wrong way. I thought it was some random flipping, with the actual states/pathfinder direction also flipped, but apparently it isn't. The custom semaphore is also bugged.

I really hope this could be rectified. I'm running on OpenTTD version 1.7.1 (don't know if it's still officially an RC because there's no option for it). The game is quite old, only picked up again.
Actually on the picture, check out the direction:
http://vaunut.org/kuva/3967

So semaphore signals are facing in wrong direction. The signal should be on the left side of the mast, not on the right side, when looking towards the signal. Will be fixed on the future.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

kyosuke1989 wrote:Actually on the picture, check out the direction:
The semaphores in my screenshot are from OpenGFX per the NewGRF parameters, not the custom finnish ones. They're doing the job fine (my trains are running on it). But your custom signals are doing it wrong.

The game is right-hand traffic and the signals are on the right hand side, per my game options.

The custom signals, however, are governing the wrong direction. I can't record the thing unfortunately. Please consider to replicate it first and see what I mean. I presume it only needs re-ordering and re-offseting of the graphics.

If I may add, the "dwarf" signals (or shunting signals) are inconsistently sided. This probably needs re-offseting. They're actually the ones doing "fine". I suspect the rotation sequence in the graphics doesn't match the one required in the code. If you want the savegame, I can post/PM it a bit later.
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

YNM wrote:
kyosuke1989 wrote:Actually on the picture, check out the direction:
The semaphores in my screenshot are from OpenGFX per the NewGRF parameters, not the custom finnish ones. They're doing the job fine (my trains are running on it). But your custom signals are doing it wrong.

The game is right-hand traffic and the signals are on the right hand side, per my game options.

The custom signals, however, are governing the wrong direction. I can't record the thing unfortunately. Please consider to replicate it first and see what I mean. I presume it only needs re-ordering and re-offseting of the graphics.

If I may add, the "dwarf" signals (or shunting signals) are inconsistently sided. This probably needs re-offseting. They're actually the ones doing "fine". I suspect the rotation sequence in the graphics doesn't match the one required in the code. If you want the savegame, I can post/PM it a bit later.
This error has been now fixed and updated on the release 1.0.1, as well as the odd track speed values bug. It is available on BaNaNaS.
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

SwissFan91 wrote:I believe I have found a bug when running FRISS with OTTD 1.6.1:
Trenville Transport, 20th Jun 2000.png
It's just a 'vanilla' game in Arctic climate. As you can see the rails are randomly showing different sprites.

I have used this GRF plenty of times before but this is the first time with 1.6.1 if that sheds any light.
This is actually intended behaviour in the realistic mode. Tracks are gradually transferred (upgraded) from one to another type, in certain time which happens to be on that era.
CMircea
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CMircea »

kyosuke1989 wrote:This is actually intended behaviour in the realistic mode. Tracks are gradually transferred (upgraded) from one to another type, in certain time which happens to be on that era.
Is there any way to disable this behaviour, maybe via a parameter?
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

CMircea wrote:
kyosuke1989 wrote:This is actually intended behaviour in the realistic mode. Tracks are gradually transferred (upgraded) from one to another type, in certain time which happens to be on that era.
Is there any way to disable this behaviour, maybe via a parameter?
Currently, no.
Jim Starluck
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jim Starluck »

A server I play on is using this set for its latest map, and I absolutely love the graphics.

Would it be possible for the introduction dates and speed limits to be configurable?
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger locomotive and try again.
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

Jim Starluck wrote:A server I play on is using this set for its latest map, and I absolutely love the graphics.

Would it be possible for the introduction dates and speed limits to be configurable?
Could be done in future update.
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

FRISS - Rail Infrastructure and FRISS Stations and Other Infrastructure have now been updated to new versions. Grab it straight from BaNaNaS.

FRISS - Rail Infrastructure version 1.0.2 has now Croatian, Dutch, French, Italian and Polish translations, and by OpenTTD version 1.9.0, in realistic mode 15 different railtypes without replacing options needed for metro track. Also no monorail or maglev needed to be replaced anymore, so you can play with those too, in same scenario.

FRISS - Stations and Other Infrastructure version 0.5.3 now has Catalan, Croatian, Dutch, Italian and Spanish translations.
Hei
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hei »

I’m having a problem with FRISS - Rail Infrastructure 1.0.2: Trains sometimes get stuck after changing the railtype.
I don’t know whether this is an OpenTTD problem or a problem with this NewGRF. See this thread for more details.
ahyangyi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ahyangyi »

I found that this NewGRF has a minor conflict with many other train sets (except, of course, Finnish Trains, which it's perfectly compatible with).

Tested: Iron Horse, 2cc Trains in NML.
Problem: some rail types added by this NewGRF have their starting date changed.

EDIT: or, is it the intended behavior that the 140km/h electric railway can be enabled by any mod that needs electric railways?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

ahyangyi wrote: 20 May 2023 14:18 or, is it the intended behavior that the 140km/h electric railway can be enabled by any mod that needs electric railways?
FRISS is a very old rail set that predates the current rail infrastructure standards that rail and rail vehicles adhere to by nearly a decade. So it is "intended behavior", in that 25 years ago there was only non-electric rail and electric rail, so if you have an electric rail vehicle that appears at a certain time, electric tracks will be enabled for it.

Return to “Graphics Development”