Finnish Rail Infrastructure & Stations Set [WIP]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Finnish Rail Infrastructure & Stations set [WIP]

Post by kyosuke1989 »

andythenorth wrote:The views for Lisalmi have the wrong shading for the roof ;) The front face should be light, the rear face darker (light source in game is at about 5 o'clock, high).

Nice stations :)
First of all, that is Iisalmi, not Lisalmi. Second, i think that shading on those is not so much important in those sprites, that it would need to be corrected :P User is already hypnotized by quality of those stations, that it doesn't matter..

... Just joking about last :D
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

Double post. I've now linked very much source material of my own to the tracking tables. http://users.tt-forums.net/finnish/friss.html

Later i'll link platform types also. EDIT: Linked some of them.

For example, Kajaani, Siilinjärvi and Runni station buildings and Suontee halt platform, Iisalmi freight terminal building and freight platforms, also loading/unloading facilities, Peltosalmi rail crane and overhead substations and overhead intermediate switch stations do need someone to draw them. I'm currently very busy with other things, so i can't do pretty much else than providing sources and other info, and do management to FRISS and Finnish Trainset (and little drawing and templating).

EDIT2: Still... Here's templated platformskjul type III:

EDIT3: Here's two types of equipment containers, all base-tiled:
Attachments
Platformskjul_III_1.PNG
Platformskjul_III_1.PNG (413.15 KiB) Viewed 6756 times
Eq_containers-1970.png
Eq_containers-1970.png (39.15 KiB) Viewed 866 times
Eq_containers-1990.png
Eq_containers-1990.png (37.9 KiB) Viewed 866 times
Last edited by kyosuke1989 on 25 Mar 2012 15:42, edited 1 time in total.
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

Triple post (sorry again..), but now Pieksämäki CTC tower has bases too:

I think that as in Iisalmi and Kokkola stations, asphalt and gravel base tiles are enough for this tower's base. IMHO these are better than it's original base. :)

EDIT: Equipment cabins (3 types) done, every base type (5 bases) with each five (one exception has six) options of placement.. Total 80 tiles :D Have a graphic candy for your railyard and signals, and level crossings. I think that when equipment containers and these are coded, railset and roadset-integrated level crossing containers can be removed, since then, player can choose any type from available ones if (s)he wants.

EDIT2: I'm currently working on base tiles extended to templates (1x1 to 3x3), and sand base needs to be redone from it's borders, because it gives irritating grid. All others are working quite nicely. Grass has little borders too, but they aren't not so irritating, so it's not so bad. Also, some grass tiles had 1 px cut off by accident of their right side-> Done. I'll work all these issues out.

EDIT3: Is this piece of sand ok, does it fit to TTD-Windows palettes? I'm not entirely sure about that, because i edited this with Gimp and had TTD Win palette selected, but cannot be sure about it. I used healing tool to fix those borders. If it is, i'll replace current sand with this one. After that, i'll replace all already "sanded" stuff with this. Quite a work, but if i left those unchanged, it wouldn't look so pretty. Luckily, there's templates available for everything, so it's not so difficult.
Attachments
Pm_CTC_tower.png
Pm_CTC_tower.png (663.92 KiB) Viewed 6754 times
Eq_cabins.png
Eq_cabins.png (103.02 KiB) Viewed 866 times
Sand.png
Sand.png (15.94 KiB) Viewed 6695 times
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

Quadruble post, been working on Railtypes implementation scheme. Here it is. 15 id's used (though some can be left out), one left to possible narrow gauge in future.

EDIT: Newer one. Here's also level crossing overlays based on that Railtypes scheme. Note that positions are not final.
Attachments
Level crossing overlays.png
Level crossing overlays.png (1.39 MiB) Viewed 866 times
Railtypesv4.ods
(20.67 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

Nth-post in row, but! I have now got coder, Foobar, and thanks to him, we now are quite close to first public release with buildings. This upcoming release contains nearly all the buildings drawn so far. Now, just few sound effects are fine-tuned, and after that, i'll make release available.
Katve
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Katve »

:bow: Finaly some of finnish set approaching release. Do you know anything about Finnish train set status?
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

Nope, there's been silence on that. I don't know what is the status regarding that, but i'll hope it will release something in next half years.
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Really good work btw, kyosuke. Don't think that because people aren't commenting, it isn't really high quality work!
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

Katve wrote::bow: Finaly some of finnish set approaching release. Do you know anything about Finnish train set status?
as disappeared shortly after he told that the finset is nearly ready for release. :?
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Finnish Rail Infrastructure & Stations set [0.1.0, WIP]

Post by kyosuke1989 »

Ok, now we have this first FRISS 0.1.0 release on your favorite fruit store, on Bananas. Grab it there. Any comments, bugs and questions to this thread.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

kyosuke1989 wrote:FRISS 0.1.0
you considered what that means in German? :p
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

Eddi wrote:
kyosuke1989 wrote:FRISS 0.1.0
you considered what that means in German? :p
Not really? :D Is it the same type of case as Mitsubishi Pajero on Spain? :)

EDIT: "Eeat!"?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

*sighs* Doesn't work with older versions of OpenTTD. Disappointed, was anxiously awaiting to put the stations to use.
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

kamnet wrote:*sighs* Doesn't work with older versions of OpenTTD. Disappointed, was anxiously awaiting to put the stations to use.
Yep, because of NFO-coding (codec?) update which breaks backwards compability, sadly. Unless there's a patchpack to play with, i recommend updating OpenTTD to most recent version. :)
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

kamnet wrote:Does your station set depend on NFO v8?
It does.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

I tried to retrace the absolute technical minimal version, and that appears to be OpenTTD r22723. Below that it will certainly not work, don't even bother to try. If that is sufficient for the version you're using, feel free to grab the source code, remove the version check in header.pnml and grab a version 0.2.x of NML to produce a GRFv7 NewGRF.

If it can be proven that it works in older versions, I'll happily lower the minimal version requirement. But even then the devzone will always compile GRFv8, so a manual compile by whoever wants a GRFv7 will always be needed. For now I can only guarantee that it works in OpenTTD 1.2.0, older is simply disallowed.
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

Is the Pieksämäki CTC tower scaled down? Those old sprites seem to be 4x4, while its 1x1 in-game.

Also the current station buildings need matching asphalt platforms (half, of course :wink: ).
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

alluke wrote:Is the Pieksämäki CTC tower scaled down? Those old sprites seem to be 4x4, while its 1x1 in-game.
Also the current station buildings need matching asphalt platforms (half, of course :wink: ).
It's 2x2 in-game.

Yes, they certainly need. Someone just needs to draw them.
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

kyosuke1989 wrote: It's 2x2 in-game.
Indeed it is. :oops: I guess I should test things properly before writing stupid comments.

Return to “Graphics Development”