File Repository

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

lexybam
Engineer
Engineer

Re: File repository

Post by lexybam »

I may not have to worry myself too much on IE 6&7. Most of the the artists and coder are smart enough to use alternative browser. But of the number of people who like to use IE may be because of their interface, another version, version 8 will come up soon according the developer.
Jupix
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: File Repository

Post by Jupix »

Lord Aro reported a few issues by PM, I've looked at them now and will document what I did in this thread:
This was part 2 of the server configuration issue "fixed" on the previous page. Should now work.
the (tar) file preview appears to be messing up:
http://jupix.info/openttd/gfxdev-repo/i ... ile&id=220 <-- shows all files being in the root dir
(yes, i have checked by downloading the uploaded file, and the structure is still there and proper)
I repackaged all the content into a fresh std tar and now it displays correctly. The tars are exactly the same size so I'm guessing the preview script fails whenever a certain type of file, folder or whatever is "first" in the tar.

Since I don't know how to diff the two versions of that tar, I can't debug this further, and will have to ask that any entry broken like this be repackaged. (It only takes a minute anyway.)
#################
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

Jupix wrote:
This was part 2 of the server configuration issue "fixed" on the previous page. Should now work.
Yay :)
Jupix wrote:
the (tar) file preview appears to be messing up:
http://jupix.info/openttd/gfxdev-repo/i ... ile&id=220 <-- shows all files being in the root dir
(yes, i have checked by downloading the uploaded file, and the structure is still there and proper)
I repackaged all the content into a fresh std tar and now it displays correctly. The tars are exactly the same size so I'm guessing the preview script fails whenever a certain type of file, folder or whatever is "first" in the tar.

Since I don't know how to diff the two versions of that tar, I can't debug this further, and will have to ask that any entry broken like this be repackaged. (It only takes a minute anyway.)
Hmm, i thought i used a standard tar :L (used ubuntu archive manager to eventually package it)
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
Jupix
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Jupix »

I used 7zip, of course it's possible they use some kind of different syntax, or something.
#################
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

A simple first attempt could be to test both tar files, and compare the result:

Code: Select all

$ tar tvf foo_A.tar > foo_A.txt
$ tar tvf foo_B.tar > foo_B.txt
$ diff -u foo_A.txt foo_B.txt
This dumps the entries of each tar in a file and compares both files.
This may provide sufficient information.

Since the format is pretty simple, I don't see any further useful analysis methods for a tar file.
Jupix
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Jupix »

Thanks. I believe I have now identified the problem and fixed it.

The way I had previously written the function was to go through the tar line by line, and print out all files of every directory as they came up in the loop.

This broke when files came up in the tar file order before their directory did.

The function now gathers all the directories, and files in the root directory, and only then loops through them in order, printing files in every directory separately. This should make the preview work whatever the archive row order is.
#################
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

Bugs:

- 'Update notes' does not appear to be functional (at least with removing part of an existing line)

- the listed sprites (inside the tar) do not appear to be ordered correctly (e.g. here)

EDIT: 'GFXdev sprite search tool' does not appear to work, it just seems to jam. (Also, why does it have to only search standard tars? It would be better if it searched all tars, in case the sprite is duplicated somewhere)

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

double post!

(the previous seems not to have been noticed)

Would it be possible to have a new setting 'Extra sprites' for the tar (standard tar, source, etc) for the ogfxe_extra sprites? It would make adding extra sprites easier as they wouldn't have to be added to the blacklist all the time

Jupix
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Jupix »

Lord Aro wrote:(the previous seems not to have been noticed)
It was noticed :)
Would it be possible to have a new setting 'Extra sprites' for the tar (standard tar, source, etc) for the ogfxe_extra sprites? It would make adding extra sprites easier as they wouldn't have to be added to the blacklist all the time
Done, though I think the extras crew would prefer all that stuff went on their site (also).
#################
BabylonZeus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BabylonZeus »

Hello!

It has been many years, and it seems that jupix.info has closed.
I have found a blender project here : http://ottd.mudpuddle.co.nz/Blend%20Files/ (with its documentation : https://wiki.openttd.org/Ground_Sprites ... _Graphics) )
Hoewever, some png and textures are lacking (especially chrome2.png, which I have replaced by a white sky).
Does someone still have the full functional project ?
It seems they should have been available on jupix.info

I'm trying to create my set of textures, and the above blender project seems to be a very nice starting point.

Thanks!
Jupix
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Jupix »

I had a look inside the files. There were only a couple ground sprites projects and none of them had Blender files.
#################
werbfred
Engineer
Engineer

Post by werbfred »

Hello Jupix,

Would you have a copy of the files hosted on your https://jupix.info repository? There are projects from https://wiki.openttd.org/32bpp_Extra_Zoom_Levels_Files that are linking to there.

There are a lot of good things that had been made for 32bpp experience 8)

Thanks in advance.

Return to “Graphics Development”