[OTTD] Early Rail

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Wotan
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Early Rail (Beta 3 15/01/09)

Post by Wotan »

I downloaded the GRF but it doesn't show up on my GRF list even though I rescan and has placed the grf in the same directory I use for all my other GRF's.

What am I doing wrong and what name is supposed to show up in the list?
Coders wanted: Image DSB Litra E in 2cc - Image DSB Litra A in 2cc

ImageUnless stated otherwise all works published by me on these forums is covered by a Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial share-alike License. Please PM me if you are interested in obtaining a different license.
lawton27
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lawton27 »

Wotan wrote:I downloaded the GRF but it doesn't show up on my GRF list even though I rescan and has placed the grf in the same directory I use for all my other GRF's.

What am I doing wrong and what name is supposed to show up in the list?
If you've put it in the right place then it will be in your list called 'UKRS Add-on (1500 start)'.
Wotan
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Wotan »

Coders wanted: Image DSB Litra E in 2cc - Image DSB Litra A in 2cc

ImageUnless stated otherwise all works published by me on these forums is covered by a Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial share-alike License. Please PM me if you are interested in obtaining a different license.
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

lawton27 wrote:If you've put it in the right place then it will be in your list called 'UKRS Add-on (1500 start)'.
Is it working ONLY with UKRS?
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
lawton27
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lawton27 »

Kogut wrote:
lawton27 wrote:If you've put it in the right place then it will be in your list called 'UKRS Add-on (1500 start)'.
Is it working ONLY with UKRS?
I've not tested but it should work fine without, unless it tests if UKRS is present, with I doubt it will.
Izel
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [OTTD] Early Rail

Post by Izel »

yes that one did test for UKRS
Check the new releases
If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants. Isaac Newton

It's better to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission. Grace Murray Hopper
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Can we please get a screenshot of what's currently in the set? :)
audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by audigex »

If using the railtypes, could you make an "Early rail" track type, with a lower maximum speed, since the rails are wobbly etc.
Jon
Izel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Izel »

hi
DanMacK iam redoing all the sprites atm will do screenshots for next update.

audigex there is light rail max speed 61km/h
If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants. Isaac Newton

It's better to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission. Grace Murray Hopper
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

The trains seem to slow right down in corners... is this something in the Grf or OpenTTD?
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

your train acceleration is probably set to original (or realistic for that matter, depending on the nature of the corners)
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
Izel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Izel »

After many hours of testing i have not found the cores of this problem but i think its in the track set.
The 2 workrounds i found are
set train acceleration to realistic or
load pikkabird UK Railway Set tracks which seems to sort it out (done know why thou)
will let you know when i have a better solution.

Izel

zhargon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by zhargon »

One solution is not to use 'railtypes' at all.

If you draw the tramways as wagonways (from 1604), you can have 2-way tracks, with chains of horse drawn wagons - of fixed length of course. I limit the cargoes to coal & iron ore. The early C19th locos also ran on those rails - though not particularly successfully because of the weight.

It also means that the wagonway can stay in operation (delivering to barges/boats) when railways become available to offer competition and continue to be used to the C20th without having to worry about a change of graphics.
Izel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Izel »

zhargon nice idea but this set is ment as an alternative to RV, as Zephyris eGRVTS has a good set of Horse-Drawn Vehicle to use.
Maybe Andythenorth would add Horse-Drawn to his HEQS as it has trams from 1902.

Railwaymodeler
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Railwaymodeler »

I just downloaded this not long ago, and played a brief game in 1776. Very impressive! I set up a double track line between two towns, and two industries from the FIRS set.

I didn't play long enough to see steam powered locomotives, but I saved the game so I can return to it.

This adds a new dimension to early games now! Before, only streetcars and road vehicles are available till about 1830. Now I got a second mode of transport to work with.

I think the 2CC ships first appear in the early 19th century. If I had ships available, I would be very happy.

Once again, this is a wonderful set, and I will certainly enjoy it!
Without Trains America Stops

Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Railwaymodeler wrote:I think the 2CC ships first appear in the early 19th century. If I had ships available, I would be very happy.
Then you'd likely be interested in these: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=49040
I stumbled across them earlier, myself.
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
Railwaymodeler
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Thanks, Supercheese, I just downloaded those ships.

I will be spending six hours today riding in a car so I will have plenty of time to try them out.

Wagonways, sailing ships, horse drawn wagons... This is perfect!
Without Trains America Stops

Topher
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Topher »

Hi, I like the looks of this set, but for some reason none of the vehicles show up in my vehicle list in the latest stable release AND the latest nightly of OpenTTD. Can anyone help me with this, or is it a glitch?
SquireJames
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SquireJames »

What year are you starting in? These locomotives and rolling stock are designed for very early (early to mid 19th Century) usage. If you start in 1920, chances are they are all obsolete by that point.
Topher
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Topher »

I started in 1890, with "Engines Never Expire" on. I also tried starting a game in 1800 and got nothing as well.

Actually, let me try some things...

As of the writing of this sentence, I just tried it at 1825, 1850 and 1875 in the latest nightly (r22258) and OpenTTD 1.0.5, but all I got was the locomotive in the attached picture. I've tried it with the UKRS 3.04 in 1875 using OTTD 1.0.5 once as well just in case, and no change. All cases had "Engines never expire" set to "On".

As you can see in the image, a steam engine called the "2-4-0 Vulcan", which I also noted wasn't shown in the screenshots in the first post, is the only thing available.

EDIT: Just so there's no confusion, the Vulcan is there even when there are no GRFs other than Early Rail 2 loaded.

EDIT 2: On a hunch, I tried using the "Early Rail Set" AND the "Early Rail Set 2" together; turns out that wasn't a version number in the name of the latter. Thanks for trying to help!
Attachments
Unnamed, 1875-01-01.png
Unnamed, 1875-01-01.png (132.78 KiB) Viewed 1260 times

Return to “Graphics Development”