[OTTD] Early Rail

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Elcamo
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: [OTTD] Early Rail

Post by Elcamo »

How about some new additions from the US? A small forney, and then a Tom Thumb engine would be nice....
SquireJames
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SquireJames »

It's called "UKRS 1500 Start". The clue is in the UK part :lol:
Elcamo
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Elcamo »

lol my bad :oops:
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

I've noticed that on several of the locomotives (the Patenee, Vulcan, and others) the visual effects property (Action0 property22) was disabled (set to value 40). Changing to value 14, "steam from front of engine", seems to work fine, so I'm wondering why it was disabled in the first place. I'm not sure what kind of a development state this grf is in, but if another release is in order I'd hope this change is included -- although I've already changed it on my local copy...
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
Fairyfloss
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Fairyfloss »

It Doesn't work for me! when i start the new Grf it says: A fatal NewGRF error has occured:
Attempt to use invalid ID. Can somebody help?
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Darthrafael wrote:It Doesn't work for me! when i start the new Grf it says: A fatal NewGRF error has occured:
Are you using another track set? It doesn't seem to work with Nutracks (Too many track types).
UKRS tracks work.
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
Fairyfloss
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Fairyfloss »

FLHerne wrote:
Darthrafael wrote:It Doesn't work for me! when i start the new Grf it says: A fatal NewGRF error has occured:
Are you using another track set? It doesn't seem to work with Nutracks (Too many track types).
UKRS tracks work.
Thanks for saying that, I was using Nutracks.
Now it works!
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Perhaps this grf or NuTracks should check for the presence of the other and disable itself if if so.
GuilhermeJK
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Early Rail

Post by GuilhermeJK »

Shaking the dust off this one (sorry)

I have found this Early Rail really interesting (I like starting before 1800). However, this guy (DanMack) on the quote has one with a Trevithick and one post below there is a picture with several aditional vehicles that the available file doesn't. Also someone said that the name appearing in the NewGRF screen should be "UKRS Add-on (1500 start)", but it is not the case. Finally this "UKRS Add-on (1500 start)" has a MD5 A6F07C8FC565D3C504F7368A79B53920, different from the one here.

Does anyone still have this newer version of Early Rails?

DanMacK wrote:Interesting! Good start, but honestly, I'd lower the speed of the Trevithick, other than that, great looking start. Just need to find some time to play with it now :D
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

That was the "One Cylinder Experiment" I was referring to I believe
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Is there any way I could find out what railtype label was used with this? I'd like ToyTrax to be able to accomodate the steam locomotives from this set.
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

If you understand a bit NFO, just use GRFWizard, and decode the GRF file, then take the .nfo file.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Reminder to self to put the railtype here when I find out what it is.

I don't know NFO, I only code in NML.
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Then...what to do ?
(Kidding. After decoding a bit, i found out Wagonway's label is WGWY.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

acs121 wrote:Then...what to do ?
(Kidding. After decoding a bit, i found out Wagonway's label is WGWY.
Thanks! Can you tell me the railtype for Light Rail (the second, later tracktype)?
Licenses for my work...
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

It is LIHT.
Note that i really don't understand anything about NFO. I try to understand it as i can !
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

acs121 wrote:It is LIHT.
Note that i really don't understand anything about NFO. I try to understand it as i can !
Thanks again! Can someone add them to the wiki page I linked to?
Licenses for my work...
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

SimYouLater wrote:
It's a wiki - you can update it yourself. :lol:
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

kamnet wrote:
SimYouLater wrote:
Actually, for some reason I can't log into the account I just created. So no, I can't.
Licenses for my work...
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

SimYouLater wrote:
kamnet wrote:
SimYouLater wrote:
Actually, for some reason I can't log into the account I just created. So no, I can't.
You don't even need to create an account, you can modify the page without being registered (though that will show your IP adress instead of username, so not reccomended).

Return to “Graphics Development”