[OTTD] WAS - World Airliners Set - v0.1 (24/09/12)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

paulicus25
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [OTTD] WAS - World Airliners Set - v0.1 (24/09/12)

Post by paulicus25 »

Hey guys.

First job, good work. It's great to see work still being done on the set. So many aircraft to potentially use in my games.

However there is one thing that does niggle me somewhat. In its current state either in the nighties or the stable, the set is pretty much unplayable. Stat wise that is. The visuals are great but in terms of balance it rather tricky. I tend to find that I play with a lot of higher cost vehicle sets which start at earlier game times. this pretty much means if want to see aircraft usage at all mid game I need to have Av8 aircraft loaded. To get those early planes and airships that are so desperately needed.

Unfortunately even though the visual styles are in sync between this set and Av8 the balance is totally different. The main drawback is the massively lower running costs in this set than in Av8. I would use WAS by itself if I could but as I said, I need the airships early game. There are quite a few sets out there that use a parameter to allow you to set a multiplier for purchasing and running costs to allow the player to manually balance out the sets you load. WAS could probably do with one of these for that added configurability or to make things more challenging for more serious players. Are there any plans to add this in or do I have to shelve WAS indefinitely until I ever decide to play a game where I just play late game?

Note: By disparity I pretty much mean like multiplying running costs by about 16 to even them out.

Note part 2: I also second the idea of adding in a 787. The lack of the dreamliner at the moment seems a bit of an empty hole. Not that I would pressure anyone to do one mind you!
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

Great set ,fantastic work ,what I would like to see is either a separate grf set or incorporate ,light aircraft and helicopters , with some military aircraft .most of the time when I play ottd I mainly play with villages to small towns.Jumbo jets look out of place .Would it not be a challenge to have only small airports serviced with light aircraft . Thank for producing a great set and keep up the good work.
baiman90
Engineer
Engineer

Post by baiman90 »

Hi is it possible to add the Boeing 747SP ? it is a very nice plane :) Thank You :)
RvP93
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RvP93 »

Hi All!

Been a while since I didn't have much time. Hope you do not mind.
micedoe wrote:Do you wonderful people think you could cook up an Embraer 145, 170, and 175 in the delta connection and american eagle liveries?? By the way this set just gets better by the day. I just have to commend everyone on making a marvelous airliner set. :bow: :D
Well first of all thanks for the compliment! :D I've added both liveries for the E170 and E175 to the request list, definitely a good idea because both a/c haven't got much repaints.
Regarding the E145 it is still on my wish list. So It will definitely come in the set. Only time will tell when...
baiman90 wrote:Hi is it possible to add the Boeing 747SP ? it is a very nice plane :) Thank You :)
Added to this wish list.
TTDFanDNUA wrote:Every day this set become more and more wonderful :) May I ask you to add in the set several current liveries of United Airlines planes?
Also thanks for the compliment! And added to the list, I see only the old livery is still in the set.
piratescooby wrote:Great set ,fantastic work ,what I would like to see is either a separate grf set or incorporate ,light aircraft and helicopters , with some military aircraft .most of the time when I play ottd I mainly play with villages to small towns.Jumbo jets look out of place .Would it not be a challenge to have only small airports serviced with light aircraft . Thank for producing a great set and keep up the good work.
Thank you. Think an additional set is a bit to early as I got my hand full with this. But will keep it in mind.
paulicus25 wrote:Hey guys.

First job, good work. It's great to see work still being done on the set. So many aircraft to potentially use in my games.

However there is one thing that does niggle me somewhat. In its current state either in the nighties or the stable, the set is pretty much unplayable. Stat wise that is. The visuals are great but in terms of balance it rather tricky. I tend to find that I play with a lot of higher cost vehicle sets which start at earlier game times. this pretty much means if want to see aircraft usage at all mid game I need to have Av8 aircraft loaded. To get those early planes and airships that are so desperately needed.
Thanks for the compliment as well. We are / I'm focussing on more earlier age a/c. Think we made a good start with adding the SUD Caravelle and the B707. The De Havilland Comet and the Super Constellation are still in the planning. And obviously there has to follow way more.
paulicus25 wrote:Unfortunately even though the visual styles are in sync between this set and Av8 the balance is totally different. The main drawback is the massively lower running costs in this set than in Av8. I would use WAS by itself if I could but as I said, I need the airships early game. There are quite a few sets out there that use a parameter to allow you to set a multiplier for purchasing and running costs to allow the player to manually balance out the sets you load. WAS could probably do with one of these for that added configurability or to make things more challenging for more serious players. Are there any plans to add this in or do I have to shelve WAS indefinitely until I ever decide to play a game where I just play late game?

Note: By disparity I pretty much mean like multiplying running costs by about 16 to even them out.
Thanks for you feedback appreciated! I Will work on a parameter so you can set the running costs.
paulicus25 wrote:Note part 2: I also second the idea of adding in a 787. The lack of the dreamliner at the moment seems a bit of an empty hole. Not that I would pressure anyone to do one mind you!
There have been added lately much more 787. Hope the gap is a bit filled.

Cheers Rens
Image Image
paulicus25
Engineer
Engineer

Post by paulicus25 »

Hey guys. So looking at the latest nightlies.

Thanks for adding the running cost function. It helps somewhat to balance the running costs, however a rather strange phenomenon seems to happen now....all planes in the set run with the same running cost whether they be passenger liners or small jets or whatever. They have different costs listed in the purchase list but none of them are ever used. They all run at one set price. One would guess this is work in progress but I pointed things out just in case it has not been noticed.
baiman90
Engineer
Engineer

Post by baiman90 »

Hi is it possible to add Turkish Airlines planes A330-200/300 ,Boeing 777-300,Boeing 737-700/900 ,Embraer 190 ,Airbus 319/Airbus 320/Airbus 321.thank you :)
Digitalfox
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
Location: Catch the Fox if you can... Almost 20 years and counting!

Post by Digitalfox »

I hate to be guy that says this, but don't we already so many "airlines" that just add a few older planes to make the set more playable and release 1.0, then 1.1 or whatever with more addictions if the authors think it needs?
red0011
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by red0011 »

Digitalfox wrote:I hate to be guy that says this, but don't we already so many "airlines" that just add a few older planes to make the set more playable and release 1.0, then 1.1 or whatever with more addictions if the authors think it needs?
I agree, however if i'm not wrong then there are a few aircraft's with no liveries within the set... So perhaps once those aircraft's have at least one livery and major bugs if any are fixed, then a 1.0 might finally be released
Mardok
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mardok »

Hi,

Dreamliners are excellent :bow:
I found only "white line" in B787-8 LOT
I ordered all may LOT dreamliner fleet to stay on ground :D
Just like in real problems with batteries in JAL, LOT :)

Keep up the fantastic work youre making

ps. Just can't wait for A-350
Attachments
ScreenHunter_1300 Apr. 12 10.01.jpg
ScreenHunter_1300 Apr. 12 10.01.jpg (18.6 KiB) Viewed 5584 times
baiman90
Engineer
Engineer

Post by baiman90 »

hi guys anyone can help me how to integrate the world airliners set in TTD world map ? Thank You :)
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

You have to change planes LAN and TAM, now called Latam

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LATAM_Airlines_Group

Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

sunshare wrote:You have to change planes LAN and TAM, now called Latam

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LATAM_Airlines_Group
What you mean to say is please could i make a request.

They dont HAVE to do anything.
baiman90
Engineer
Engineer

Post by baiman90 »

Dear WAS team thank you really for the effort you're putting to make this set day after day more and more successful :)
Last edited by baiman90 on 19 May 2016 19:10, edited 1 time in total.
baiman90
Engineer
Engineer

Post by baiman90 »

I am writing this to just express how much I like WAS set and to thank the great team for this great set :)
Boffis123
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Boffis123 »

Wait how do I get the latest version of the game with the 787 and Antonov 124? I downloaded ATO directly from the game. Is there anywhere else I need to download to get these planes, if so, where and how do I install it?
molimpijski
Engineer
Engineer

Post by molimpijski »

Hello team. I play OTTD long time and use your set. I want to say thank you to all who works on this set. If it is possible would you be so kind to add one Embraer 190 of Copa Airlines to the set? Just attach a photo of the aircraft which I want to see in the set https://www.planespotters.net/photo/299 ... 190-100-lr
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Boffis123 wrote:Wait how do I get the latest version of the game with the 787 and Antonov 124? I downloaded ATO directly from the game. Is there anywhere else I need to download to get these planes, if so, where and how do I install it?
To get the latest version, you need to get one of the nightlies from here.
http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/worldairlinersset/
DerekCZ
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DerekCZ »

Hello, I just downloaded latest nightly of WAS, and noticed that the airship whatever it's name was is gone, so I peeked a bit into the source, and found out that it's still there, just it's code is missing, so I want to ask you if you are planning to add the airship back or remove it completely (maybe separete grf)?

ehm.. A389 incoming ehm...
DerekCZ
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DerekCZ »

Oh and btw. Can you please add China Airlines livery for B747-400F? I have some kind of personal connection with that plane (sounded way more weird than I expected). I hope what I made is enough (i just removed them windows tbh). Aaaand, if you are reading this, can you please advice me how am I supposed to compile source of WAS into .grf file? I play with many graphics and prices and stuff just sometimes don't add up, but when I try to compile it with NML, it fails to do so.
Attachments
China Airlines Cargo for B744F
China Airlines Cargo for B744F
ChinaAirlines.png (20.06 KiB) Viewed 4313 times

Return to “Graphics Development”