Total Bridge Renewal Set: version 1.12

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Total Bridge Renewal Set: version 1.12

Post by Eddi »

it might be useful to actually increase the version number when releasing an update :)

the bridges look beautiful, of course.
Ogre
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ogre »

This new bridge is very nice.

Are there any plans of making an NA-Roadset version of this new bridgeset?
The pessimist sees the darkness in the tunnel.
The optimist sees the light at the end of the tunnel.
The realist sees the light coming closer...
The engineer sees three fools in front of his train on the track in the tunnel.
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

thgergo wrote:A small update, the replacement suspension bridges has been incorporated into the grf!
Finally if someone wants to try them ingame here you go. Compatible with the current version, since this one has only eye-candy differencies.

would it be possible to make the suspension bridges have less pilars ?

aka the golden-gate-lookalike steel ones to have 2 "bigger" pilons and then make the middle-span bigger

at this moment the arch bridge is longer /taller then the suspension ones, where irl they usually are smaller afaik (link if im wrong)
thgergo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by thgergo »

ZxBiohazardZx wrote:
thgergo wrote:A small update, the replacement suspension bridges has been incorporated into the grf!
Finally if someone wants to try them ingame here you go. Compatible with the current version, since this one has only eye-candy differencies.

would it be possible to make the suspension bridges have less pilars ?

aka the golden-gate-lookalike steel ones to have 2 "bigger" pilons and then make the middle-span bigger

at this moment the arch bridge is longer /taller then the suspension ones, where irl they usually are smaller afaik (link if im wrong)
Its not possible with the current implementation of the newgrf bridges. The arch bridge is an exception upon this, since it can be built with very restricted sizes. I can define only 6 "tiles" per bridge + the bridgeheads. So, only 2 general tiles alternate for long bridges, +2 for the starting points after the bridgeheads + 2 special ones to compensate the odd length bridges. So with the current design the arch bridge uses the maximum of the possibiltes :(

The roadset versions made by others, not me. Those has recompiled with different road surface. The most easy solution would be road overlays, as we have it for railroads already.

Thanks for the good responds, i'll plan to upload a better version to bananas:) At least with corrected version numbers etc...
Chris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Chris »

These new suspension bridges are lovely :) .
Screenshots

Formerly Class 165
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

thgergo wrote: The roadset versions made by others, not me. Those has recompiled with different road surface. The most easy solution would be road overlays, as we have it for railroads already.
Still, you could go, take the graphics and choose to display them depending on a NewGRF parameter set which decides on the road surface being used (and default like now). The set would profit from such kind of parameter - though I know it would mean a bit of hassle, albeit not too much; but it would add a considerable amount of sprites.

Given the license of this set, it's also no issue to really just grab the sprites and giving credits; you are allowed to do so.
V453000 :)
President
President

Post by V453000 :) »

^ Doesn't that depend mainly on the license of the sprites of the roads he would take?
ImageImageImage
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

V453000 :) wrote:^ Doesn't that depend mainly on the license of the sprites of the roads he would take?
I'm talking of the existing TBRS sets which already exist and which feature other roads. They must have the same license as this set or they must not have been released in the first place.
President
President

I see :)
ImageImageImage
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

Sorry to bring up a topic with 1 year of inactivity, but I'd like to know if is there some way to implement only the new cantilever bridges from this set. Maybe with some parameter for the GRF?
President
President

The newGRF would have to be adapted to that in some way, which I doubt
ImageImageImage
thgergo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by thgergo »

Hello,

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=32027

Maybe this what you are looking for.
Cantilever bridges alone! Oh memories, this was one of my first new real bridge :)
doxlulzem
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by doxlulzem »

Not sure if it is, but if (and most likely) not is this compatible with zBase? I've disabled all my NewGRF's and used zBase but now I remember how much I hate the OpenGFX bridges?
If it isn't I'd just love it if it was because I like the bridges here and I like zBase...
And another thing, if you still take ideas from that tracking.png on the first page, I like the 4, 8, 9, 14, 18, 20, 21, 22 and 26.
IJN Takao is life. Why did the Shinano get converted? Gotta love NeuroTec for Garry's Mod. I even have a server!
How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real? - Jaden Smith 2014
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

When you say "compatible with zBase", if you mean "Can I run both at the same time?" then the answer is "Yes", these two NewGRFs do not conflict.

If you mean "Will I get 32bpp bridges", then the answer is no. There are no 32bpp bridge sets at this time.
TTdelicious
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TTdelicious »

This bridges are fantastic! Thank you!
What would you think about ...

- the possibility to choose the color / stone or brick of the aquaducts ?
- the possibility to build an aquaduct over another ? In Switzerland there are so many mountains it would be very beautiful to have some aquaducts overlapping :-)

Best wishes from Switzerland
TTdelicious
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TTdelicious »

SAC wrote:Image

If it's of any interest I'm willing to hand over this wooden bridge to be part of the TBRS! It's for roads only though, and I'm not sure if it's possible to add another bridge of a different kind especially for rails - to sort of even things up! Let me know though!

OMG this picture is absolutely amazing !!!!! Do you have more pictures of this game? What GRF do you use all? Best wishes from Switzerland :)
Phreeze
Director
Director

Post by Phreeze »

UP !

i also want to know where these are from ? anyone knows ? (thread is a litlte older)
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Phreeze wrote:UP !

i also want to know where these are from ? anyone knows ? (thread is a litlte older)
Those are from SAC and have not been released.
HackaLittleBit
Director
Director

Post by HackaLittleBit »

Ehhh....
I have made some screenshots to show you what I am busy with.
I made some experimental code to enlarge the bridge span.
See for your self the results.
It was experimented with graphics of the original "OTTD", "OpenGFX".
Here I did not encounter any problems. (makes me think that they also had something like this in mind)
I experimented with "Total Bridge Renewal Set" and I had some graphical glitches.
I managed to solve quite some myself.
Wallyweb however pointed me to the fact that people might be upset when alterations are done to their original work.
I think he is right.
So please tell me what road to go.
I would like to publish the altered newgrf to see the results, but only after authorization of the original publishers.
Attachments
screenshots.zip
(2.89 MiB) Downloaded 188 times
bri.png
bri.png (48.02 KiB) Viewed 1404 times
Tru
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tru »

Hi, for those who are using CS roads/ CS rails I have modified Total Bridge renewal set. I hope the authors dont mind...
Starý Lipov Transport, 7. dub 2001.png
(801.04 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Attachments
total_bridges_cs.grf
(515.86 KiB) Downloaded 459 times

Return to “Graphics Development”