Total Bridge Renewal Set: version 1.12

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

thgergo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Total Bridge Renewal Set: version 1.12

Post by thgergo »

Finally I have released the first version, it took almost a year. This set don't gives any roadset/railset support, that will come in later releases.
changelog:

v1.12_modified, same id same stats, but with some new replaced bridge graphic ~released 2012, also on bananas

v1.12, compatibility with TTDpatch r1895 and lower

v1.11, fixed viaduct length bug

v1.1, with the bugfixes and some extra:
first parameter defines: 0 default: normal behaviour
1 sandbox: no speed limits
2 hard: 2X prices lower speeds
3 challenging: 4X prices even lower speeds

v1.0, the first release

Original Post:

Finally, this will be a split from Purno`s new bridges, becouse new name prevents confusion between new bridges set.
Purno wrote:Yeah, make a new project of it, with a new name. Also prevents confusing between the new and the old bridge sets.
Digitalfox wrote:thgergo, personally i would like to see a new topic for this set and a new name :)

While it's based in some of the work from purno it does have it's own life..

And it would be better so people don't mix the set's with questions and problems ;)
I will make this compatible many roadsets, railsets as possible, but seperated bridge/tracks handling would be better (newroutes). That probably eliminates the compatibility works.
I will release the first version of this when all bridges are done, but expect roadset/railset compatibility after the first release.
Attachments
tracking.PNG
list of the bridges, and descriptions, check it for detailed info!
(231.47 KiB) Downloaded 2850 times
Last edited by thgergo on 04 Apr 2013 15:11, edited 24 times in total.
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

Well, i'll be a hairy bugger. This is gong to be awesome. And you even have Zimmlocks in too.....
I do hope this gets some good work done. Happy coding too. :D
Last known as: Weirdy
RailJade
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RailJade »

Would this set support US Roads and Trams?
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Suggestion;

OUT:
Girder steel 100mph rail+maglev
Suspension Concrete 160mph monorail (impossible concept)
Tubular steel 200mph maglev (no original bridges please)

IN:
12/13 please? (is one rail bridge IRL)
Bridges 5, 8 and 1 look pretty fine too IMO
Bridges 27 and 28 could possibly serve as tubular bridge replacements

Of course, support for all unique concepted rail/road sets. Which basicly is narrow gauge and metro rail (as these are the only ones of their kind, AFAIK). (Oh, and basic tramtracks of course)

Support for roadsets would be nice, but quite hard to keep up to date.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
SuperTycoon
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SuperTycoon »

I like the concept, It's just a little sad that so many great bridges have to get left out! Maybe Oskar could tell us whether an increase in the number of bridge types is within the scope of newroutes?
thgergo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by thgergo »

RailJade wrote:Would this set support US Roads and Trams?
Trams should work with any bridge alrady, tramways are just drawn over roads.
Purno wrote: OUT:
Girder steel 100mph rail+maglev
Suspension Concrete 160mph monorail (impossible concept)
Tubular steel 200mph maglev (no original bridges please)
To what should I replace these bridges? About monorail 160MPH would be replaced with 14, if I cant get permission in the future. Im planning that 14 on roads too. But unique modern suspension bridges per every railtype/roadtype would be just cool.
About tubular bridges there are 3 options now, original, zimmlocks, or somebody will draw a cool new one.
Purno wrote: IN:
12/13 please? (is one rail bridge IRL)
Bridges 5, 8 and 1 look pretty fine too IMO
Bridges 27 and 28 could possibly serve as tubular bridge replacements
12/13 are looking really cool:) But 12`s arch seems unreal for me, how mutch weight would it hold? See attached pic :)
1. will be concrete rail bridge again... Maglev/monorail are in deciding stage.
27-28 wont be included, unless you can get permission from eis_os... I have tried it.
Purno wrote:Suggestion;
Of course, support for all unique concepted rail/road sets. Which basicly is narrow gauge and metro rail (as these are the only ones of their kind, AFAIK). (Oh, and basic tramtracks of course)
Support for roadsets would be nice, but quite hard to keep up to date.
Of course :)
And thanks for fast suggestions.
Anyway would be Zimmlocks 10 better in steel girder 150 MPH, that current one?
Attachments
Mspainted a little
Mspainted a little
modification.PNG (10.15 KiB) Viewed 113281 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

thgergo wrote: To what should I replace these bridges?
I don't really care what's replaced by what. As long as the cool bridges are in somewhere :P
12/13 are looking really cool:) But 12`s arch seems unreal for me, how much weight would it hold? See attached pic :)
It might look better when the lines are fattened indeed.
27-28 wont be included, unless you can get permission from eis_os... I have tried it.
If eis_os didn't want to give permission to you, he'd probably won't give permission to me either. Shame, but well, nothing we can do about it (except for drawing a similar bridge, but we already have plenty of bridges we cannot include)
Anyway would be Zimmlocks 10 better in steel girder 150 MPH, that current one?
Gotta check, can't open an attachment while posting. Will edit post.

EDIT: Yep. Zimmlock improved a few of my bridges.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

hmm, most of them bridges look too modern. i remember norkfolksouthern's bridges, which were very nice, and not as modern.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
thgergo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by thgergo »

Purno wrote: EDIT: Yep. Zimmlock improved a few of my bridges.
I meant only the road bridge :)
astath wrote: hmm, most of them bridges look too modern. i remember norkfolksouthern's bridges, which were very nice, and not as modern.
There not much traditional bridges around the forums, only pikkabirds viaduct, zimmlocks suspension, and old era bridges on ttrs3. Also we can count most of the cantilever bridges as old bridges I think.
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

isn't there a way, like Zimmlocks TTRSv3, to gradually change bridges according to it's year?
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

looking forward to it, although the wooden bridge doesn't look..well..wooden, more brick than anything.
thgergo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by thgergo »

astath wrote:isn't there a way, like Zimmlocks TTRSv3, to gradually change bridges according to it's year?
Probably yes :), more coding but mot too much:P
Marshy wrote:looking forward to it, although the wooden bridge doesn't look..well..wooden, more brick than anything.
You want wooden bridges also? Then witch slot the viaducts should use?

Some new graphic, improved Purnos bridge :)
This bridge will be in only certain lengths between 5-7, or 8 if the second pic is possible. Other lengths will make glitches...
edit: something like the second pic should be possible with shifted pillars... But probably it may get glitches...
Attachments
=)
=)
big arch.PNG (4.2 KiB) Viewed 112959 times
too wierd?
too wierd?
big arch2.PNG (2.87 KiB) Viewed 113005 times
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

I'd say make the viaducts uise the "Concrete Suspension" slot, and keep wood on its own.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

The second arch looks awful. :P

First one looks pretty fine though.
Image Image
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

I agree. First is OK. I think second would collapse!
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
Spaceball
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Spaceball »

First of all I do not really care which bridges are included when its finished. All the bridges are way better looking than the original ones. I am happy with this set anyway.
Since we have been asked what we like to see included, here's my suggestion:
I'd like to see the bridges nr. 14, 15, 18. Especially the Bridge nr. 14 is great. I also would like to see Purnos Suspension bridges but I think they are included anyway. I don't like some of the Maglev bridges but I don't play with maglev so it doesn't bother me anyway.

cu, Spaceball
Contributor to the Planeset.Planeset Thread
DVDs - Gotta Catch Them All!
thgergo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by thgergo »

Spaceball wrote:First of all I do not really care which bridges are included when its finished. All the bridges are way better looking than the original ones. I am happy with this set anyway.
Since we have been asked what we like to see included, here's my suggestion:
I'd like to see the bridges nr. 14, 15, 18. Especially the Bridge nr. 14 is great. I also would like to see Purnos Suspension bridges but I think they are included anyway. I don't like some of the Maglev bridges but I don't play with maglev so it doesn't bother me anyway.

cu, Spaceball
14 Is alredy going to replace the modern suspension bridge.
About 15, there is a bridge with amost exactly design, witch is already included.
18 is cool too. :)
DanMacK wrote:I'd say make the viaducts uise the "Concrete Suspension" slot, and keep wood on its own.
Then modern suspensions where should move? Maybe 70MPH and 100MPH bridges should use same slot: road+rail:Zimmlocks, monorail+maglev:Purnos

Anyway the big arch bridge is going to be in the slowest cantilever slot. Its speed will be increased up to 150MPH...
athanasios wrote:I agree. First is OK. I think second would collapse!
And it even not possible, since I cant add that extra pillar in the middle. Yes, it would be possible, but that pillar would appear in other places where it shouldnt.
Attachments
Even more wierd
Even more wierd
big arch2.PNG (2.94 KiB) Viewed 112645 times
Spaceball
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Spaceball »

Why does the "Supension, Concrete" has that late introduction date but a lower speed limit? Wouldn't it be better to introduce them earlier and introduce the tube bridges later?

cu, Spaceball
Contributor to the Planeset.Planeset Thread
DVDs - Gotta Catch Them All!
thgergo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by thgergo »

Spaceball wrote:Why does the "Supension, Concrete" has that late introduction date but a lower speed limit? Wouldn't it be better to introduce them earlier and introduce the tube bridges later?

cu, Spaceball
I wanted modern suspension bridges act as a cheap, highspeed bridge, but Ill recude the introduction date to 1990.

And one direction of arch bridges is completed:)
Attachments
It seems, these bridges needs unique bridgeheads.
It seems, these bridges needs unique bridgeheads.
Big Arch.PNG (144.11 KiB) Viewed 112801 times

Return to “Graphics Development”