Total Bridge Renewal Set: version 1.12

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

WWTBAM

Re: Total Bridge Renewal Set

Post by WWTBAM »

The arches look like one that was built in china. I can not remember where but it was white steel. Perhaps you could do a grey one with pylons and make it look like the sydney harbour bridge. Uou are the firsty person ive seen make an arch bridge that big.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
DonRazzi
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DonRazzi »

Single question: Is it possible to download that bridge set at the moment?

Don
Best OTTD Screenshots in 2007 !!! Image Image
thgergo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by thgergo »

DonRazzi wrote:Single question: Is it possible to download that bridge set at the moment?

Don
Well, its not finished yet, but due for demand here is an alpha/test version #2, here it is. The bridge properities hasnt changed yet, at the noment its possible to have 7+ arch bridge. There are some unfinished bridges, but most of them will be the final. After all bridges will be done, ill release the first real version. And then ill start making support for roadsets/railsets.
Attachments
total_bridges_alpha2.grf
(338.55 KiB) Downloaded 550 times
newer concrete bridges
newer concrete bridges
concrete_bridges.PNG (31.67 KiB) Viewed 12174 times
DonRazzi
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DonRazzi »

Wow! THX! Great set, dude, great set! Can't wait till it's really finished!
Best OTTD Screenshots in 2007 !!! Image Image
trojan goat
Engineer
Engineer

Post by trojan goat »

Firstly I must commend the authors of this bridge set... the bridges drawn so far look great. I seem to be having a problem utilizing them though... Using r1825 (latest at time of print), I get a premature cessation of festivities on entry to a new game or the scenario editor - crashlog and smallest newgrfw.cfg to cause crash follow. Well done on your work so far.
Attachments
CRASH003.TXT
Crashlog highlights a problem loading sprites...
(1.67 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
newgrfw.cfg
(61 Bytes) Downloaded 199 times
ttdpatch.cfg
(36.57 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Sprite 118 is invalid. Skipping to a data block is verboten. You must skip to the pseudo that introduces that block, or skip over the whole block.

Quite a few of the other 9s have the same problem.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
thgergo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by thgergo »

DaleStan wrote:Sprite 118 is invalid. Skipping to a data block is verboten. You must skip to the pseudo that introduces that block, or skip over the whole block.

Quite a few of the other 9s have the same problem.
Thanks for noticing that, I just counted the psudeo sprites to count how many sprites should be skipped... The next version should fix this...
Ammler
President
President

Post by Ammler »

Why not just using labels? (Action 10)
Then you don't have to care about how many sprites to skip, or do I miss something about that? ;-)

Greets
Ammler
thgergo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by thgergo »

ammler wrote:Why not just using labels? (Action 10)
Then you don't have to care about how many sprites to skip, or do I miss something about that? ;-)

Greets
Ammler
Counting 1-2 lines makes the labels unneccessary I think, they are just for applying climate dependant recolourings...
Smaug
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Smaug »

Well, I've been playing with the test grf of these wonderful bridges and I'm very happy with it. :D

There are a few small problems however. I think you noticed them yourself, but I'll report them just in case.

As you can see in the screenshot a few pillars are too short or missing. And when a bridge head touches the coastline the coast tile doesn't work, but that's an issue that also happens when I don't use your bridge set. Don't know if it's an OTTD problem or not.

Keep up the great work. I like it a lot!

Kind regards,
Smaug
Attachments
Bridge Problems.png
Bridge Problems.png (28.5 KiB) Viewed 11000 times
Life's like a play in a theatre,
Life's like a dream,
If life could be expressed in a sound,
It would sound like Dream Theater...
ImageImage
thgergo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by thgergo »

Smaug wrote:Well, I've been playing with the test grf of these wonderful bridges and I'm very happy with it. :D

There are a few small problems however. I think you noticed them yourself, but I'll report them just in case.

As you can see in the screenshot a few pillars are too short or missing. And when a bridge head touches the coastline the coast tile doesn't work, but that's an issue that also happens when I don't use your bridge set. Don't know if it's an OTTD problem or not.

Kind regards,
Smaug
Good to see people are using my set:) Your screenshot look very strange to me, how did you get compatibility for TTRS roads? I havent done any compatibility work for roadsets. Its too odd for me, or is it real, of your OTTD/TTDpatch places overlaying sprites over the original bridge ground? But why the girder steel bridge uses the wrong graphic? In my OTTD I couldnt expirence that ever.
About the pillars, ill fix them soon.
About the coastlines, I cant do anything with them, the problem is within the game...
trainmaster611
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by trainmaster611 »

Hey this looks cool :P

I had a suggestion, could you make a high-speed concrete rail viaduct? This was used in France for the TGV line to the LGV Est line and the trains could cross them at top speed. I saw your concrete bridge but it can only go as far as 5 tiles. Maybe you could make this viaduct so that it would have a max of 20 tiles, so its basically a longer version of your concrete bridge (with different sprites). I would probably make it pretty expensive per tile though.

I think its a good idea since there's no realistic high-speed bridges in your set for long distances. But do what you want :P
Last edited by trainmaster611 on 01 Mar 2008 15:22, edited 1 time in total.
thgergo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by thgergo »

Yeah, this type bridge would be nice as a modern high speed bridge, but have ran out of free bridge slots... Ok, there are extra tubular bridges in OTTD, maybe I could replace one of it with a concrete viaduct:)
trainmaster611
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by trainmaster611 »

Cool :D

I never liked the tubular ones because they looked so ugly and unrealistic :?
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

thgergo wrote:
Smaug wrote:Well, I've been playing with the test grf of these wonderful bridges and I'm very happy with it. :D

Kind regards,
Smaug
Good to see people are using my set:) Your screenshot look very strange to me, how did you get compatibility for TTRS roads? I havent done any compatibility work for roadsets. Its too odd for me, or is it real, of your OTTD/TTDpatch places overlaying sprites over the original bridge ground? But why the girder steel bridge uses the wrong graphic? In my OTTD I couldnt expirence that ever.
About the pillars, ill fix them soon.
About the coastlines, I cant do anything with them, the problem is within the game...
About the coastlines, I think if you ask Lepka the author of new water he may let you use his coast tiles so you can support them with your bridge heads. I think thats the problem atleast.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Smaug
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Smaug »

thgergo wrote: Good to see people are using my set:) Your screenshot look very strange to me, how did you get compatibility for TTRS roads? I havent done any compatibility work for roadsets.
Well, I did make the graphic change myself by using Paint and GRFWizard. Just a little copy and past. Only for personal use of course; I know the rules. I just couldn't wait for you making it compatible to TTRS. I got a little impatient in my enthusiasm with this set... :oops: :lol:
thgergo wrote:Its too odd for me, or is it real, of your OTTD/TTDpatch places overlaying sprites over the original bridge ground? But why the girder steel bridge uses the wrong graphic? In my OTTD I couldnt expirence that ever.
About the steel girder bridge: I was using OTTD nightly r12081. The bridge also uses the wrong graphics in a new game with no other grf's enabled. Today I updated my nightly to r12208, but the problem still occurs. The bridge uses the bridge head graphics from the original TTD grf or from TTRS when enabled, or in other words no bridge head graphics at all (I think). The pillars are positioned one tile out of place. I hope this information will help solving the problems.
About the greyish bridge heads: I copied them from TTRS. I like those better then the original ones.

Edit: I just found two more issues. Bridge1 has a misplaced pillar next to the fence on the right (canadian stations set). Bridge2 has two different heights in the suspensions (or something). As far as I know this only happens with road bridges and the bridge must be 7, 12, 16, 20, etc. tiles long (the extra high suspension).

Kind regards,
Smaug
Attachments
Bridge1.png
Bridge1.png (12.51 KiB) Viewed 10728 times
Bridge2.png
Bridge2.png (18.66 KiB) Viewed 10730 times
Life's like a play in a theatre,
Life's like a dream,
If life could be expressed in a sound,
It would sound like Dream Theater...
ImageImage
bartpp7
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bartpp7 »

yeh i got that same prob ;(
thgergo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by thgergo »

A small update: -Finished modern suspension bridge. Also fixed the misplaced sprites problem.
-name, stats, and cost adjustments for all bridges.
About the pillar problems, ill fix them in the future...
Attachments
newer_ones.PNG
newer_ones.PNG (249.52 KiB) Viewed 1710 times
total_bridges.grf
(339.89 KiB) Downloaded 680 times
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

I just downloaded them and they are looking really, really good. :D
Just as soon as they have narrow gauge support I'll be buying a bunch of them. 8)
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Would it be feasible to extend the set to include the tracks, grass, and Shinkansen tracks of the Japanset?
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there

Return to “Graphics Development”