Zephyris wrote:Given 1756 of the ~6000 sprites are already drawn and coded ... then a complete set of graphics for the 0.7 release seems plausible!
Even if it is not a complete set it is large enough to officialy start replacing graphics from now! OK, in my opinion, it should become part of the trunk after the 0.6 is released.
Zephyris: Your work is amazing. I suggest you add some more dirt/noise to your sprites. They are very smooth to what we are used. If it is not easy due to lack of time proceed and do this later. As I 've already said first we should work to finish the sprites and if something needs improvement we can do it later. (I volunteer for such work. I may be lazy to draw a whole sprite, but tweaking it is my pleasure.
) I admire the new factory. Ten times better than original.
lordazamath: Proceed with the train depot. It looks somewhat rough. Makes a contrast with Zephyris work.
We should go for the middle. Ship depot is superb.
Gonozal_VIII, buttercup: Good ideas. Pity we cannot have a middle wall in road depot. Needs new code. I was thinking of that when started tweaking the depot.
I incorporated your work in a new version with some more tweaks:
1. Walls are no more thin paper.
2. New company color around the building schema.
3. Readjusted position of depot on base tile.
4. Tweaked 2 or 3 pixels to look better when you join 2 depots on the long axis.
5. Resized inner view side walls (were 1 pixel shorter).
6. Changed shading of left inner side wall (was wrong, lacked shadow that is cast from depot's roof).
Improvements from original depot (TTD):
1. Company color displayed on all sides of depot to help identify owner.
2. Depot entrance is taller. So double-decker buses can fit better. (We can increase height if needed. I didn't because it goes out of the gui buttons.)
3. Walls are thinner. (Original seems as if walls are 2 pixels thick. That is too much for the scale used. So I made them 1 pixel thick.)
4. Depot is tileable on the long axis.
So here it is:
OpenGFX - newRoadDepots v0.4