Old Wagons, New Cargos (1.1 27th Aug 08)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

quadat
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Old Wagons, New Cargos

Post by quadat »

I have fruit plantation in temperate climate with fruit plantation. It gives also another thing that i can carry, but not fruit. It is in ESC agricultural vector.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Re: Old Wagons, New Cargos

Post by PikkaBird »

Alright, the grf is updated to 1.1 and the goods van can now carry any refrigerated cargo, which means fruit. :)
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Old Wagons, New Cargos (1.1 27th Aug 08)

Post by Villem »

Would it be possible to extend this grf to the default road vehicles also? :)
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Possible, certainly... may as well do ships while I'm at it. :roll:
Clovertown
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Clovertown »

Why not just make the fruit wagon available in all climates? For that matter, why not make all the wagons available in all climates so we don't have to ferry iron ore with coal wagons in arctic, etc. The food wagon would be better for the refridgerated cargo refit.

Also, some wagons are not refittable and have non-translated default cargo leading to issues like the paper wagon carrying steel in ECS even though there is paper available.
frabac
Engineer
Engineer

Post by frabac »

Good day!

New question for old thread: I have recently downloaded the "Old Wagons, New Cargos" GRF to use it with ECS vectors and I was very happy about it... until I realized the railway Mail Van does not carry mail but gold.
I tried to load it first and last but it changes nothing.
Is there anything I did wrong? Is there anything I can change manually?

Thanks a lot

Regards
Francesco
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I will offer an alternative suggestion of using OpenGFX+ Trains, which provides some updates to the default vehicles, including compatibility with ECS and FIRS.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

frabac,

Unless ECS has done something really weird to mail, it should still be refittable to mail. Is it not?

That said, this GRF was only ever intended as a short-term stopgap. I'd recommend getting a "proper" vehicle grf, like the one kamnet suggested.
frabac
Engineer
Engineer

Post by frabac »

WOW, thanks for prompt reply.
Unfortunately it is not refittable. :-( I noticed it just now that I am in 1994 ... I will arrive to the end like this and restart anew with another GRF. I had forgot activate the FISH grf when I started the game so I have also no ship for cereals (for instance)... so it is kind of bugged game but I will take it to the end nevertheless, concentrating on other aspects.

Now I have dowloaded ECS__FIRS_vehicle_set-2012.08.04 and it seems to do the trick (cargo-wise, I am using all ECS vectors now). Also I want to try the other trainsets like UKRS2, NARS, Dutch... or are you telling me that cargo compatibility of wagons has nothing to do with trainsets? (it is still a detail that I may be missing).
I had not understood that GRF was just temp gap-filling, it was great otherwise! :-)
And let me get the opportunity to thank you all hard-workers of the community putting so much effective effort in making this game more and more interesting and longer-lived than ever!
hopper99
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hopper99 »

Here, the mail van is missing altogether. :(

I have FIRS, GRVTS v1.4 and av8 running.

I prefer to play full zoom 32bpp and would thus love to activate Old Wagons, New Cargos, unless there is a fully-fledged grf train set which gives me 32bpp full zoom.

Any hints on how to get the mail wagon back? Thanks a lot!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

OWNC doesn't have support for FIRS. Try using OpenGFX+ Trains instead. They have modified versions of the original vehicles, just like OWNC, but it supports ECS, FIRS, and PBI industry chains, and are slowly incorporating 32bpp sprites.
hopper99
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hopper99 »

Thanks, kamnet, I hadn't been aware of them introducing 32bpp. Will definitely give them a try! :)
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

hopper99 wrote:Thanks, kamnet, I hadn't been aware of them introducing 32bpp. Will definitely give them a try! :)
Mind that the stable release version as found on bananas does not yet have 32bpp support. You'll need to get the current development version.
hopper99
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hopper99 »

Thanks for pointing this out. I had found the nightly 4998 but this one is even newer. Seems to work very well. :)
JRD
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JRD »

Correction postal wagon now carry the mail.
Attachments
oldwagons-newcargos.grf
ver 1.2
(1.11 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
Ahoj
..... MY OTTD Web

Return to “Graphics Development”