I need help to make an Irish Rail Set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Aphfaneire
Engineer
Engineer

I need help to make an Irish Rail Set

Post by Aphfaneire »

Ive had the idea for a very long time that i want to play with all the trains used by CIE Ireland national rail company.

Im not talented in the way of computers so doing this is a bit beyond me.

Could the wonderful coders here help me?

I would be very greatful if you could. :bow:

I compiled a folder containing pictures of a lot of the trains and rolling stock that have been used over the years. However i cant seem to figure out how to compress it down enough to add it here. So if anyone is interested i will email it too you or add each image individually with information from wikipedia and other sources on the specifications of the trains.

One thing that id like to be able to do is also be able to play as CIE. CIE not only owns Irish Rail (Iarnrod Eireann) but it also ows Bus Eireann and Dublin Bus. Holding a state wide monopoly on transport. There is also a seperate tram route in dublin called the LUAS and there will eventually be a metro. It would be interesting to develop road and tram vehicles to reflect this aswell?

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated :bow:

Email me at Hugo1888@hotmail.com if you want me to email the photos i have found so far.
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: I need help to make an Irish Rail Set

Post by DanMacK »

I've often thought about an Irish rail set as well, and think it's an excellent idea. I don't have the time currently to devote to another set however.

I'd say start by creating a tracking table, figuring out what vehicles should go in and going from there.
Aphfaneire
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Aphfaneire »

DanMacK wrote:I've often thought about an Irish rail set as well, and think it's an excellent idea. I don't have the time currently to devote to another set however.

I'd say start by creating a tracking table, figuring out what vehicles should go in and going from there.

Thanks ill have a table later today for those intereseted.

The main problem is that IE mainly use's the same trains they have been using since the 70's and has bought a lot of new trains in recent years. The table would be full of very little from the 50's to late 80's, and i could find that much information on the old steam trains but im sure i can find some of them.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Aphfaneire wrote:
DanMacK wrote: The main problem is that IE mainly use's the same trains they have been using since the 70's and has bought a lot of new trains in recent years. The table would be full of very little from the 50's to late 80's...
For a realistic set, that's not a problem at all IMO. Just set the availability so that there's always plenty of vehicles available.

Here in the Netherlands, trains as old as 44 years are still being used in local passenger service.
Aphfaneire
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Aphfaneire »

Right i compilled the list.

I dont have full information for the EMU's and i havent found the steam trains yet as i dont know what the main models were and i only have one or two pictures of irish steam trains.

Here is the first part of the list of loco's from 1950-2007. Ill provide 3 at a time with the info underneath. Does that work for everyone? There is 16 trains so far, excluding any of the steam trains.

The first four trains are the early diesl's from the 50's before IE's "love" affair with General Motor's EMD Loco's starting with the 121 class which had to be driven backwards because the canadian engineers forgot we drive on the left. :roll:
Attachments
113 class: Weight: 81 tonnes Speed:55 mph Power:915 hp Year-1950-1971
113 class: Weight: 81 tonnes Speed:55 mph Power:915 hp Year-1950-1971
113 Engine.jpg (41.12 KiB) Viewed 1476 times
001 Class: Weight83 tonnes Speed: 75mph power: 1,200 HP Max Tractive Effort: 205Kn Year 1959-1992
001 Class: Weight83 tonnes Speed: 75mph power: 1,200 HP Max Tractive Effort: 205Kn Year 1959-1992
001 class.jpg (75.66 KiB) Viewed 1478 times
Metro Vickers 201 class: Weight 83 tonnes, Speed 75 mph, Power 1, 200 Max tractive effort 205kn Year 1956-1986
Metro Vickers 201 class: Weight 83 tonnes, Speed 75 mph, Power 1, 200 Max tractive effort 205kn Year 1956-1986
201 Class.jpg (37.92 KiB) Viewed 1480 times
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

If I had the time for this set I would draw something for it but I'm afraid to say that I don't. I will certainly watch and help out where I can though. :)

Return to “Graphics Development”