32bit Extra Zoom Graphics Works In Progress

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [32bpp] Extra zoom levels Graphics

Post by maquinista »

I have finished the Sprinter Class 158 modeled by Mr_worf, also, I have included the other trains in a single TAR file:
http://jupix.info/openttd/gfxdev-repo/i ... file&id=56
Attachments
Screenshot.
Screenshot.
train_dash.jpeg (47.91 KiB) Viewed 6449 times
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
Todero
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Todero »

Nice train maquinista :]
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

Todero wrote:Nice train maquinista :]
They all look great! Have you put any thought into a full replacement, manquinista?
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

petert wrote:
Todero wrote:Nice train maquinista :]
They all look great! Have you put any thought into a full replacement, manquinista?
It should be in the latest TAR file with trains. If It doesn't appear, I could forgot to add these sprites.

If You don't like the CC colors result, You can remove the sprites from 2957_z0m.png to 2964_z0m.png in the TAR file.

Also, I have coded a new Spanish train, the class 450 (It's a bilevel EMU with a increased capacity) and all cargos of small hopper. I have uploaded the files to Rapishare, but I will upload it to other servers tomorrow (now It's too late :O ):

http://rapidshare.com/files/319005490/S ... 7_rev4.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mdrjoy0nt ... 7_rev4.zip

It's a zip with two TAR files. You must extract only the TAR files from the ZIP, not the PNGs from the TAR. Also, You need the Spain set GRF:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=816382#p816382

My next idea is put some new liveries more of 440 with a livery selector in refit window. More models could take more time.
Attachments
Screenshot.
Screenshot.
buque.jpg (151.92 KiB) Viewed 6252 times
Last edited by maquinista on 10 Dec 2009 17:02, edited 3 times in total.
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

Do you know where I can get a copy of the file for the station ticket house, shown in your picture?
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

petert wrote:Do you know where I can get a copy of the file for the station ticket house, shown in your picture?
You can download it here:
http://jupix.info/openttd/gfxdev-repo/i ... file&id=40

And here is a list with all TAR files ready:
http://wiki.openttd.org/32bpp_Extra_Zoo ... _tar_files
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

For those that what to download the tar files easily, you can use a Firefox Add-on called DownEmAll. It's much more simple.
Thief^
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Thief^ »

petert wrote:For those that what to download the tar files easily, you can use a Firefox Add-on called DownEmAll. It's much more simple.
Except then you'd end up downloading the download page twenty times instead of the tars (those aren't direct links).
Melt with the Shadows,
Embrace your destiny...
Roujin
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Roujin »

Thief^ wrote:
petert wrote:For those that what to download the tar files easily, you can use a Firefox Add-on called DownEmAll. It's much more simple.
Except then you'd end up downloading the download page twenty times instead of the tars (those aren't direct links).
Indeed, for the opengfx-compatible ones. The original-baseset-compatible ones on the wiki are direct links though.
* @Belugas wonders what is worst... a mom or a wife...
<Lakie> Well, they do the same thing but the code is different.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

It should be interesting to release a new version of the megapack. Varivar will update the TAR file with some buildings more (Cadaver, Ben Robbins, and HQs). Also, maybe It could be more PNG files to adapt before release the megapack.
ArmEagle
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ArmEagle »

Based on input I received a few pages ago I decided to renumber the sprites I made for the Dutch catenary graphics I made, and changed the directory names, so that the dutchcat.grf file isn't needed anymore.

The style of my graphics is different than the default. But we do have more detail to play with anyway, and else the catenary is hardly visible anyway. And well, to be honest the pylons really need to be modeled by someone who does know what he's doing :).

The game does seem to have simplified the ordering of what sprites to draw first, so that some 'pylons' are covered by the catenary where it should be the other way around. I never bothered to write an official bug report for it though (sprite IDs are mentioned in the text file added to the tars).

Since I'm not sure what's the standard way of delivering graphics is going to be I decided I'd publish them both as opengfx and the standard openttdw paths/numbers.

maquinsta, I assume you know what to do with them, placing them on the wiki etc.

Edit:
Btw, there is no way of combining standard graphics 32bpp with opengfx matching (in paths and sprite IDs) 32bpp? The only way is to 'renumber' all the 'old' 32bpp graphics?
Attachments
32bpp_fullzoom_opengfx_catenary.tar
Dutch Catenary style 32bpp graphics replacing standard opengfx sprites. Though it is a different style, does not require dutchcat.grf anymore
(139.5 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
32bpp_fullzoom_openttdw_catenary.tar
Dutch Catenary style 32bpp graphics replacing the standard openttdw sprites. Though it is a different style, does not require dutchcat.grf anymore
(139.5 KiB) Downloaded 1176 times
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

maquinista wrote:It should be interesting to release a new version of the megapack. Varivar will update the TAR file with some buildings more (Cadaver, Ben Robbins, and HQs). Also, maybe It could be more PNG files to adapt before release the megapack.
I have most of the graphics, I could try to release one. But, I don't know where to place the files, what folders and such.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I will try to make the next megapack. The only think is that I don't know if It is better a single large TAR file or various TAR files of medium size.
Varivar
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Varivar »

petert wrote:
maquinista wrote:It should be interesting to release a new version of the megapack. Varivar will update the TAR file with some buildings more (Cadaver, Ben Robbins, and HQs). Also, maybe It could be more PNG files to adapt before release the megapack.
I have most of the graphics, I could try to release one. But, I don't know where to place the files, what folders and such.
I'm working on an update right now. I didn't have much time last week, hence the delay. I will upload the updated version today.

-edit:
Here's the updated version:
http://jupix.info/openttd/gfxdev-repo/i ... file&id=29 (same link as previous version). I added the concrete ground tile, the statue, the fountain and Cadaver's city buildings.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

About the Spain set TAR, You can download it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mdrjoy0nt ... 7_rev4.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/319005490/S ... 7_rev4.zip
I will share it in eMule.
I have modified it because in this file is for 0.27, not for 0.28. The Spain set taster 0.28 will have the additional liveries, but I need draw them well.
Varivar wrote:
petert wrote:
I'm working on an update right now. I didn't have much time last week, hence the delay. I will upload the updated version today.

-edit:
Here's the updated version:
http://jupix.info/openttd/gfxdev-repo/i ... file&id=29 (same link as previous version). I added the concrete ground tile, the statue, the fountain and Cadaver's city buildings.
Don't problem if You don't have time, We aren't hurry for the updates.
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

maquinista wrote:I will try to make the next megapack. The only think is that I don't know if It is better a single large TAR file or various TAR files of medium size.
I would prefer it as one large TAR file, but it's up to you (a poll would be good). Also, since it will much larger than the size limit, you can host it on http://petert.freeforums.org/, because I have you size limit there. You can just make a new topic there called 32bpp megapack downloads and host it there.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

This is the Tsjook building coded and finished at all zooms levels:
Attachments
Tsjook buildings preview.tar
Preview TAR file, to be included in a pack.
(336.5 KiB) Downloaded 288 times
Screenshot.
Screenshot.
example2.jpeg (140.08 KiB) Viewed 689 times
4470_z0.xcf.bz2
GIMP source file for snow.
(359.03 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

I have to say: it really looks very nice. Kudos!
maquinista wrote:I will try to make the next megapack. The only think is that I don't know if It is better a single large TAR file or various TAR files of medium size.
I'd opt for several tar files as it saves potentially a lot of bandwidth: an update in one part won't force people to download everything again. A good distinction might be the "usual" separation like road vehicles, trains, infrastructure, houses etc...
tsjook
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by tsjook »

maquinista wrote:This is the Tsjook building coded and finished at all zooms levels:
Shouldn't the mask make it look brown instead of blue? :lol:

At least the mask worked out very well, like you said.

Not all sprites included are by me. The snow stage, for instance, is made by maquinista.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

tsjook wrote:
maquinista wrote:This is the Tsjook building coded and finished at all zooms levels:
Shouldn't the mask make it look brown instead of blue? :lol:

At least the mask worked out very well, like you said.

Not all sprites included are by me. The snow stage, for instance, is made by maquinista.
The type of colour translation (or if at all) applied depends - at least for the 8bpp sprites - upon the sprite number. For easy reference I propose to have a look at http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/ope ... _base.pnfo where I indicated which house sprites use which colour translations. You find the same in OpenTTD's source, but there the sprite numbers are indicated in hex numbers and a separate line for each colour translation possible for each sprite. Not sure how far this applies to 32bpp, though

Return to “Graphics Development”