32bit Extra Zoom Graphics Works In Progress

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: 32bit Extra Zoom Graphics Works In Progress

Post by Lord Aro »

mostly because quite a few of the sprites on the repo are not 'ready' for usage and are therefore not included in the megapack (which, btw, is pulling sprites from this repo)
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
vorius
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vorius »

Thanks for your help!

I also realized that the megapack I downloaded was the 'stable' version which only had 36 of the gfx improvement packages in it, but there is a dev version further down the page with over a 100 of the packages! So I downloaded that one and now I am seeing A LOT more high resolution sprites! Still no regal bus though oddly - maybe the regal bus I am thinking of that I can build in 1950 is not the same one that that graphics package is for?
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

i dunno, it should be included :)
i have seen it in the pack before..

either way, the megapack is 'permanently outdated now' - wait until you start seeing 32bpp sprites in your standard OGFX :)
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
vveider
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vveider »

Can you help me? I'v done everything in the instruction, but got one bug - have no town names (1.1.0 build is a problem, has no town names even without ExtraZoom apply).

Thanks in advance!
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Have you tried [Toolbar]->[Settings]->[Town names displayed]? (It's in the drop-down menu)

Actually, that might not have existed in 1.1.0. Can't remember :?
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
vveider
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vveider »

vveider wrote:Can you help me? I'v done everything in the instruction, but got one bug - have no town names (1.1.0 build is a problem, has no town names even without ExtraZoom apply).

Thanks in advance!
I've managed fix it myself - just deleted profile :)
relu19
Engineer
Engineer

Post by relu19 »

can any on this be used with zbase?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

As long as you re-compile the graphics to follow the new standard, sure.
relu19
Engineer
Engineer

Post by relu19 »

have no idea how to do that :(

No one combine those two? it will be a great patch :D
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I'm sure some people have, but if you read up on the discussion, you'll see that nobody is going to release this publicly until all of the licensing and distribution issues can be cleared up. Feel free to tackle that project, or do as others have and learn how to compile it for yourself. If others can learn to do it, you can as well. It's not magic and the steps are very clear and direct.
relu19
Engineer
Engineer

Post by relu19 »

I have the create.txt , the png files and the empty.pcx in the same folder.
what program do I need to run the txt file?
relu19
Engineer
Engineer

Post by relu19 »

[removed] - duplicate
Last edited by relu19 on 10 Apr 2013 13:37, edited 1 time in total.
relu19
Engineer
Engineer

Post by relu19 »

Hi, first of all i'm sorry if i ask stupid questions, I'm new here.

I managed to add 32bpp images for almost all graphics. Thank you guys for all your hard work it looks great.

I still have some issues if anyone can help me please. I'm not sure if was not implemented yet, are bugs or I didn't find the right tar archives for that.
It will be great if anyone could clarify this for me.

image 1: few foundations, a few trees and the stadium are not 32bpp
image 2: armored cargo and transmitter
image 3: (I guess this is a bug) bridge is missing a block

Thank you in advance, i hope I wrote this in the right thread.

http://jupix.info/openttd/gfxdev-repo/i ... act=browse is the only place here I can find 32bit graphics?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

The set wasn't complete yet. You may want to consider using zBase to address the issues of the missing stadium, foundation and bridge graphics. There is much better support for the trains in OpenGFX+ Trains, which now includes 32-bpp versions.
relu19
Engineer
Engineer

Post by relu19 »

didn't know that OpenGFX+ Trains is compatible with zBase. Thanks.

I have a saved game (zBase), there's any way to make the trains visible there also?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

relu19 wrote:didn't know that OpenGFX+ Trains is compatible with zBase. Thanks.

I have a saved game (zBase), there's any way to make the trains visible there also?
Yes, but only if you're willing to enable the developer mode, and agree to adhere to the big red box that pops up and warns you that adding or removing NewGRFs in a save game may have unintended consequences, including making your game unplayable, and that you will not complain or otherwise report these issues to the developers. Search the General OpenTTD topic for how to do this.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

relu19 wrote:didn't know that OpenGFX+ Trains is compatible with zBase. Thanks.

If you plan to add them to an existing game: OpenGFX+ Trains in parts DOES modify the default trains to an extend that the game WILL become broken beyond repair (promised, I wrote it, I know where it breaks and when). Not all engines are affected, thus without doubt it depends on which engines you have already running. It WILL unconditionally break use of certain wagons, a fact which you might then solve by selling all those affected wagons and buying new ones.

All this of course ONLY, if you add the NewGRF to an existing game. If you work in a way it's meant to be used, configure the NewGRFs before you generate the game or create the scenario, then you'll have no problem.
relu19
Engineer
Engineer

Post by relu19 »

I see, thank you for your answers.

You did a great job and i hope there will be new newgrfs with more detailed houses, industries etc.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

relu19 wrote:You did a great job and i hope there will be new newgrfs with more detailed houses, industries etc.
Despite popular belief, new things are not created by magic. Instead someone creates the art, and someone codes it into a NewGRF.
If you like 32bpp and want more, the best way to get it is to do (some of) this work yourself.
relu19
Engineer
Engineer

Post by relu19 »

that's why I said "YOU DID". :)
I'd like to help but I don;t have the necessary skills nor time..

Return to “Graphics Development”