32bit Extra Zoom Graphics Works In Progress

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [32bpp] Extra zoom levels Graphics

Post by maquinista »

Lord Aro wrote:oooh! :bow:
i really do think that the house to the left should be redrawn ?(
I have shrunk it with GIMP, also, I have removed the ground in the construction stages (see latest screenshot). I can try to make more changes.

About the GRF file with simple stations: I have renamed it as "Basic stations", and now It has some buffers and I have added a parameter to add fences in the stations. If You don't like them, use 0 to remove them, If you want to use it as a 8 bpp GRF, 1 and use 2 for extra zoom release (this changes the position of the fences). The license is the same: public domain.
Basic stations.tar
Basic stations, public domain.
(41 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
I haven't drawn 8 bpp buffers yet, They wont be drawn under 8 bpp. Also, You must "move" the selector of the parameter in the latest newGRF GUI, otherwise It wont be set.

If You like It, I can try to add more tiles. It isn't ISR8, but at least It works on 32 bpp extra zoom levels.
Attachments
Screenshot with buffers. Concrete, farm, bare and grass.
Screenshot with buffers. Concrete, farm, bare and grass.
screenshot.JPEG (394.89 KiB) Viewed 691 times
House modified.
House modified.
house.JPEG (98.91 KiB) Viewed 5262 times
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
j0rdax
Engineer
Engineer

Post by j0rdax »

The srunken house does look better. The window frames do look very pronounced though. Maybe the building style over here is different, but the frames are usually set into the building.
Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believes...
Mat 10:32 "So I will acknowledge in front of my Father in heaven that person who acknowledges me in front of others.
Mat 10:33 But I will tell my Father in heaven that I don't know the person who tells others that he doesn't know me.
norbert79
Engineer
Engineer

Post by norbert79 »

I think these tracks might will cause some problems for the trams! :)
These need to be fixed...
Attachments
House with deformed tracks
House with deformed tracks
house.JPEG (238.85 KiB) Viewed 5147 times
Üdvözlettel / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards:
Norbert

Image Image
Image Image
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have updated the file with buffers and simple stations.
norbert79 wrote:I think these tracks might will cause some problems for the trams! :)
These need to be fixed...
I know it, but It is not easy to fix it. :(
Attachments
Basic stations.tar
Basic stations. 32 bpp. Use parameter 2 if You want to use fences with the extra zoom alignment.
(57 KiB) Downloaded 339 times
Screenshot.
Screenshot.
buffers32bpp.jpg (66.37 KiB) Viewed 5098 times
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

That looks quite neat :-)

Shouldn't the buffer stops be directly connected to the rails? All buffers I know have no gap.
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

planetmaker wrote:That looks quite neat :-)

Shouldn't the buffer stops be directly connected to the rails? All buffers I know have no gap.
Indeed, could the buffer tile not have track running halfway into it?
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
jazzor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jazzor »

Just curious, I've been searching for the tram station in this picture and couldn't fin them.
Can anybody tell me, where to find them?
Also the Basic Stations doesn't work for me. I get some 8bpp Sprites messed up, no change using the parameter. Anything I have to do?
house.JPEG
house.JPEG (238.85 KiB) Viewed 4858 times
j0rdax
Engineer
Engineer

Post by j0rdax »

I don't know about your 8-bit problem, but the tram station is the thing next to the road with the green chairs and slanted roofs directly north of the red circles.
Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believes...
Mat 10:32 "So I will acknowledge in front of my Father in heaven that person who acknowledges me in front of others.
Mat 10:33 But I will tell my Father in heaven that I don't know the person who tells others that he doesn't know me.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Since Wacki doesn't say what is the license of their graphics, We should include them as a separate package, and model new buildings for the small tropical houses. :( The first part is not difficult, I working on these graphics and I can change them deleting the override of the original houses in the NFO file.

Jazzor: You need to load the file "32bpp_extra.grf". If You don't have downloaded this TAR file, You can download it at:
http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/32bpp-ex ... es/LATEST/

You need to extract the TAR file from the ZIP file. But don't extract the files inside of the TAR file.

This is the development thread for this TAR file:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=47288

This file loads all sprites that not was present in TTD, like overhead wires, streets bus/truck stops, tram tracks, road arrows, lot of train signals, foundations...

About bassic stations: I will find if It has errors. Remember that It works only with train tracks, It doesn't work with maglev or monorail tracks.
jazzor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jazzor »

maquinista wrote: Jazzor: You need to load the file "32bpp_extra.grf". If You don't have downloaded this TAR file, You can download it at:
http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/32bpp-ex ... es/LATEST/

You need to extract the TAR file from the ZIP file. But don't extract the files inside of the TAR file.
I already had done this. As I checked ingame I found out, that I had the "Bus Loading Bay" but not the "Bus Drive-Through stop", as seen in the picture. And I also have no 32bit extra zoom tram. Did I miss a grf?
cmoiromain
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by cmoiromain »

Yup, you need GRVTS or eGRVTS (don't remember which, the thread will tell you).
BTW, what is wrong with the tram rails? I don't spot any anomaly inside those red circles...
I am little, ugly, and nasty. How do you do?
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

http://www.swithland-signal-works.co.uk/plans/plans.htm

even have some buffer types where rail is continuous lolz jsut extremely elevated...

also ive seen buffers that are locked to the tracks, and tracks continue for "full ttd tile" (just a 1-sided buffer sitting on top of it
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have updated the wotan signals file:
http://jupix.info/openttd/gfxdev-repo/i ... file&id=45

I have set it to "Released", because I have included all zoom levels.

The signals at z2 zoom level are a bit small. If someone wants modifiy it... feel free to modify it. I will continue finishing buildings.
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

you need to set the file type to "(all-zooms) Sprites" then as well :wink:
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
RL Conroy
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by RL Conroy »

I wanna Report some Glitches:

When you built the "Freight Platforms" or the "Bare Platforms" or the "Farm Platforms" or when you Mix some Stations it will Glitch.
The Tracks appears on Places it shouldn't be.
The Tracks even appears in a Tree :?! The Station is about 6 Tiles away!
(The GRF is Awesome anyway :wink:)

And i also had a Question: Can you Create a GRF that allows you to build ALL Industry Tiles (Even Animated Tiles)?
I wanna Complete my Sawmill only some Tiles are missing.
I'm not really good at Coding, I only can Code Signals... :oops:
Attachments
Glitches 1.png
Glitches 1.png (109.4 KiB) Viewed 4157 times
Glitches 2.png
Glitches 2.png (7.19 KiB) Viewed 4157 times
Conroy: This is Rebel Leader to base. Rebel Transport 2001 has been destroyed and parts for Teleport Device have been lost. We need those Parts! Conroy out.
Erik: What the... What was that all about?
Baleog: I don't know. But he did mention the words "Teleport Device" and "Parts". Quote from the Game "Lost Vikings 2"
4f 70 65 6e 54 54 44 20 52 6f 63 6b 73 21 Hex Code
Find out what the Hex Code means! | Dec/Hex/Oct/Bin Table | Screenshots! | Topic TrafficLight Junction | TTDPatch Wiki | My Website! |
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

RL Conroy wrote:I wanna Report some Glitches:

When you built the "Freight Platforms" or the "Bare Platforms" or the "Farm Platforms" or when you Mix some Stations it will Glitch.
The Tracks appears on Places it shouldn't be.
The Tracks even appears in a Tree :?! The Station is about 6 Tiles away!
(The GRF is Awesome anyway :wink:)

And i also had a Question: Can you Create a GRF that allows you to build ALL Industry Tiles (Even Animated Tiles)?
I wanna Complete my Sawmill only some Tiles are missing.
I'm not really good at Coding, I only can Code Signals... :oops:
What is your OpenTTD or TTDPatch version?
RL Conroy
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by RL Conroy »

OpenTTD 0.7.0, Why? Does it have something to do with the Version i am Using?
Conroy: This is Rebel Leader to base. Rebel Transport 2001 has been destroyed and parts for Teleport Device have been lost. We need those Parts! Conroy out.
Baleog: I don't know. But he did mention the words "Teleport Device" and "Parts". Quote from the Game "Lost Vikings 2"
Find out what the Hex Code means! | Dec/Hex/Oct/Bin Table | Screenshots! | Topic TrafficLight Junction | TTDPatch Wiki | My Website! |
mrMann
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mrMann »

Well, 0.7.0 is quite outdated now :D
Hmm, what should I put here...
RL Conroy
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by RL Conroy »

Yes i know... :)
But is that not good then?
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

RL Conroy wrote:OpenTTD 0.7.0, Why? Does it have something to do with the Version i am Using?
This is because OpenTTD 0.7.0 doesn't support various sprites sharing the ground tile.

I will try to release a version for older versions of OpenTTD or TTDPatch.

Also, I will try to include more industry tiles.

EDIT: This file:
Attachments
basic_stations.zip
Basic Stations for older versions of OpenTTD.
(3.11 KiB) Downloaded 175 times

Return to “Graphics Development”