[random stuff] By LordAzamath

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [random stuff] By LordAzamath

Post by LordAzamath »

No real names included. If happens t be, it's all random.

EDIT: This is a hidden post and I want it to stay that way, plz don't post in this thread until wwottdgd2 has been over, ty.

So here is my latest creation. WWOTTDGD easter grf.
wwottdgd2_Easter.grf
(26.92 KiB) Downloaded 249 times
Please don't reply, coz then this post would get attention, but it's easter. Thank you
edit: PFFTT. Now you may reply.. For three months already LOL
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
I know I have a BBCode error in my signature but I really cba to fix it.
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

Ha.. I wanted to code something again so I updated the estonian town names grf.. all in one and real names are included now too..
screenie.png
screenie.png (5.63 KiB) Viewed 9951 times
estoniantownnames.grf
Mental note: grfID - MA01
(4.37 KiB) Downloaded 290 times
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

Oh noes, yet another consecutive post (YACP) :P

I just was bored a bit today and drew a building :P If I make lot's of them, maybe this will eventually grow into a noobish building set.
The reference (an ugly building in Lasnamäe, Tallinn)

And imo a whole lot nicer thing :)
Attachments
lasnamagi.png
lasnamagi.png (45.96 KiB) Viewed 9808 times
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Thats quite nice, LA! And nicely textured too! Maybe you could put some stuff (airconditioning and ventilation units) on top of the roof and maybe I could just sneak it into the OpenGFX set if you like ;)
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

Hmm.. gonna do something witht he roof then.. but I'm afraid it's quite not OpenGFX's style :(
You see what I mean in this mockup
Attachments
ho.png
ho.png (49.47 KiB) Viewed 9740 times
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Maybe you should make your buildings a bit wider so their walls touch when they're placed next to each other. It looks kind of weird to have a small gap in between them like you have now. Apart from that minor glitch they look absolutely great :)
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

I made another building now.. I guess I'll make the first building's roof something similar to this :P
I think that this one was structurically easier, but overall nicer.. Might have to retexture the first one perhaps to get uniform look :D
The reference was something like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Lasna ... e_2006.jpg
Attachments
house2.png
house2.png (46.16 KiB) Viewed 9704 times
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

LordAzamath wrote:but I'm afraid it's quite not OpenGFX's style :(
Yes, tbh I was a bit afraid of that myself. Guess you'll have to do a complete building set yourself then :mrgreen:
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

FooBar wrote:
LordAzamath wrote:but I'm afraid it's quite not OpenGFX's style :(
...Guess you'll have to do a complete building set yourself then :mrgreen:
Yes, tbh I was a bit afraid of that myself.

:P
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

Hmm: interesting shapes you have. The problem is that your buildings are not to scale: try 5-7 pixels per floor. As well, your building is "hyper-texturized". I would scale back on that to keep it in the style of other buildings or artwork in TTD. Also, are these drawn with the TTD pallet? Some of those colours look a little different. Then again, I have only recently started drawing again after a six month break.
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

The last sprites are in TTD windows palette.. The consturction stages, however not.

And What do you mean by out of scale :P If I made all the buildings with this scale, they'd be in-scale :D
And those two are just Soviet-aged buildings of microdistricts. I promise the other parts I want to draw arent so ugly :D.. And quite more normal scale too perhaps

Look at the reference pictures I gave, those buildings (don't dare to call the houses :P) are indeed just some megalomaniac compressed together.. Like Mustamäe nad Lasnamäe in Tallinn are such typical microdistricts.. They are the smallest in area but biggest in population.. Just a LOT people cramped together..

But I'll keep in mind the scale :)

EDIT: This is the first building redone, I'm not too happy witht he windows, but they can be done better :P..
And is this scale better then? (and dont mind the different colours, they can be changed quite easily)

The red ones would be just before demolishion :D
Attachments
house3.png
house3.png (75.78 KiB) Viewed 9612 times
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

YACP
I now remade the shorter ones too.. This is quite nice I guess..
Attachments
buildings.png
buildings.png (21.61 KiB) Viewed 9540 times
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

Those buildings are nearly very good! Though:
you seem to be loosing the window colour, they don't look blue to me!
as lifeblood said stick to a more common floor scale, that'll look a lot better.
try giving some detail to the edge of the roof, on a real building the wall doesn't just stop and the roof starts, there tends to be a small wall, ledge or similar...

apart from that good stuff! keep up the good work :)
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

Good, then they came out right.. I don't live there, but those are the easiest things to draw :D
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

bumpsty.

I just had a drawing feel today and started working on a petrol station. AS I suck at texturing, it's not textured yet, but I guess I'll come to that eventually.
Attachments
petrol.png
petrol.png (8.29 KiB) Viewed 8506 times
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

Those are some neat graphics.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

Just another day of nothing to do in the morning. And look what came out of this..

I know the scaling is quite off - the windows should be larger and the buildings themselves taller, but as I don't intend to code them anyway, I'll let them stay. And this was not inspired by any real building.
double-glass.png
double-glass.png (27.29 KiB) Viewed 7994 times

Return to “Graphics Development”