What's up now? What's next?

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

bogus1977
Engineer
Engineer

What's up now? What's next?

Post by bogus1977 »

hi

first thanks to all that grate work all of you had done. i wouldn't believe that openTTD is still available and people doing things better.

since about one week i try to get openTTD with at least 32bpp sprites to run. but i prefer the extra zoom ones.
it seems to be a horrible mission to get all which is already done.
i downloaded the nightly megapack dev, but found additional sprites in the file repository.

ingame bananas don't tell anything about if it is 32bpp and if it is with or without extra zoom.

so i'll ask if extra zoom is discontinued?
and if the whole project is on sleep. because the last months/year there happend not that much.

i think much more people will download (and maybe donate) for openttd if there is a package which includes all/most of the great work which was already done. and i think young people which don't know the original will need the more detailed extra zoom feature.

...just my 2 cents.

edit: i tryed now to extract all the .tar files into on sprites dir. and i'd do a new .tar file with the whole .png files; keeping always the newest ID's. but i think this would not work.
or may it work?
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: What's up now? What's next?

Post by FooBar »

Bananas doesn't have 32bpp support at the moment, so everything you get there is 32bpp.

And extra zoom is all but discontinued; it is in the process of becoming part of OpenTTD itself. But you already knew that, judging from your posts in the EZ topic...

Extracting tar files should generally not be necessary.

Return to “Graphics Development”