Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:36 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:25 am 
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

One of the main problems I have in TTD is the inability to transport new cargo types using the default road vehicles. But no more! :) I've coded this grf primarily for use with PBI and NewCargo, but I've also made it generalised enough to (hopefully) work with other industry sets. I tried it with the Tourist Set, ECS Basic and the OCCS test grf, and it all seemed to work fine.

In addition, I have also made this grf compatibile with HOVS UK Bus Set, so that the busses can be refit to carry other passenger types (i.e. tourists) and the Model T goods van can be refit to just about anything.

I'm not sure how well it works with other rv sets (obviously you wouldn't want to use it with Long Vehicles), but hopefully it doesn't conflict with any tram sets.

Attachments:
File comment: Gratuitous screenshot
refit_rvs.png
refit_rvs.png [ 24.81 KiB | Viewed 11850 times ]
File comment: Download grf
refit_rvs.zip [590 Bytes]
Downloaded 1454 times

What's that in my avatar? It's the Brighton & Rottingdean Seashore Electric Railway - bonkers Victorian engineering!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:39 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Nice. I kept meaning to suggest something for this, just never got around to it... lol

Awesome work.

Dan MacKellar
================
Projects in Progress
North American Renewal Train Set Topic,Canadian Train Set Website, Canadian Train Set Development Topic, Finnish Train Set Website,Visit my Train Gifs Site
CN Boxcar drawn by Dave Hersrud

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:30 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

A most commendable effort, i've been missing something like this for a long time! :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:54 pm 

Good call mate. Another great .grf from you!

Official TT-Dave Fan Club
Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:10 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

How difficult would it be to do the same thing to trains?

Sorry I'm a noob but I looked at the grf and apparently it contains no sprites. So I assume the grf only tells the game to add functions to existing elements right? Or does it overwrite the orders without overwriting the graphics?

So what would I need to do the same to the corresponding wagons for train/monorail/maglev? Simply the names/numbers of the wagons or would it be more straightforward to grab the sprites from the main grf, change the cargo, make a grf and voila?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:46 am 
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Stormcrow wrote:
How difficult would it be to do the same thing to trains?

There is a ECS wagon set already somewhere, which only modifies wagons. I think I got mine from the OTTDcoop grf set, but I'm not sure.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:09 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

I have found the necessary grf HERE

Thanks a lot!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:25 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Of course I appreciate that owing to this extension, can be obtained new types of cargo, however it is not fully realistic and compatible with program ttdpatch. Below simple example - Truck to transport coal has the ability to refit transported load of coal on gravel, converts a name instead of the image charge. After the refit operation the car still have icon of the cargo of coal, instead of icon gravel. A similar situation occurs when trying to convert car to transport iron ore, the cargo named clay pit. It was nice to see an updated version extension "refit_rvs.zip"

Regards Joahnn

Attachments:
Przykład.jpg
Przykład.jpg [ 125.57 KiB | Viewed 6834 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:33 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

The set is strictly to allow the vehicles to carry added cargos. Doesn't look like graphics for the added cargoes were done. Maybe someone will add the necessary graphics eventually.

Dan MacKellar
================
Projects in Progress
North American Renewal Train Set Topic,Canadian Train Set Website, Canadian Train Set Development Topic, Finnish Train Set Website,Visit my Train Gifs Site
CN Boxcar drawn by Dave Hersrud

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:17 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Besides could improve the compatibility this extension throughout expand the list of patch cooperating with them beyond the original graphics truck fleet game Tycoon and "HOVS UK Bus Set" For example also http://george.zernebok.net/newgrf/lv.html

Regards Johann

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:39 am 
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

This was only meant to be a simple grf to make the default rvs playable with new cargos, I'm afraid new graphics were never on the agenda and it's not something I'm terribly interested in doing now -- sorry!

Nice to see people making use of it though. :D

What's that in my avatar? It's the Brighton & Rottingdean Seashore Electric Railway - bonkers Victorian engineering!