[32bpp] Temperate climate grass set: Release !

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Ben_Robbins_
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [32bpp] Temperate climate grass test set: Update !

Post by Ben_Robbins_ »

lordazamath and Geektoo: Anywhere where sprites are tiled in a set that problem occurs as the grass tile only has the one sprite, and currently lacks an additional sprite for the area outside of the usually tile shape. It was discussed a short while ago here.. With grass having some depth it is almost impossible to get around, although with careful pixel deletion and overlapping areas you can make a lot of it disappear. In the long term a better solution will need to be worked on though.
Ben
GeekToo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [32bpp] Temperate climate grass test set: Update !

Post by GeekToo »

Ben_Robbins_ wrote: With grass having some depth it is almost impossible to get around, although with careful pixel deletion and overlapping areas you can make a lot of it disappear. In the long term a better solution will need to be worked on though.
I agree on this completely, for the moment I've solved the problem partly by lowering the 2 tiles with the problem, so they don't exceed the ground tile on the upper bounds(see the update). The problem occurs because the tiles with a higher y-value are always drawn after the tiles with a lower y-value, so if they exceed the tile boundary, they overwrite the lower y-value.

The problem would indeed be solved by allowing 2 tiles for the ground tiles, and then sorting the tiles in the order: ground tiles->depth tile of higher y value(the part of the tile of higher y-value that exceeds the ground tile because it has depth)-> tracks/roads->everything else.

The sprites later in the chain overwrite the previous ones.
But until this is implemented, I'll settle with lowering the grass sprites where bridges can be build :cry:
Samie
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [32bpp] Temperate climate grass set: Release !

Post by Samie »

having just recently found out about 32bpp being available, I thought I'd try them all out and see how they look.
I found 4 on the wiki, including the grass (and the grass has needed a revamp for ages, although I miss the grid).

I found that the grass works well on all angles except one or two, I have been using the lastest nightly (r11557) but these angles just dont seem to blend in with the rest of the grass. It seems like they have been left in the standard grass.

Oh well, it could just be me, but in the other screenies they look fine.
Angles
Angles
angles.png (61.44 KiB) Viewed 1625 times
Shoreline - although I noticed this on another pic
Shoreline - although I noticed this on another pic
shoreline.png (43.9 KiB) Viewed 1626 times
ImageImage
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [32bpp] Temperate climate grass set: Release !

Post by LordAzamath »

The shoreline was never done by GeekToo actually. That's why it seems weird. And the growing grass too. But those full grass tiles in your first pic, with slopes, I jst tested and it worked fine...
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
I know I have a BBCode error in my signature but I really cba to fix it.

Return to “Graphics Development”