Dutch Tram Set Release Candidate 1 released 2008/08/12

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Start Dutch Tramset

Post by Hyronymus »

This one looks rreally good, Rendall. You caught the colours perfectly :). I'm glad you found a way for the "Jakobsdraaistel" (center bogie), I believe Purno did the same with the DE-II for the Dutch Trainset.
Rendall
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Rendall »

DanMacK gaves me the suggestion... 8) But thanks anyway. :mrgreen:
Rendall
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Rendall »

So here is the Schindler tram from Rotterdam. There were a few versions of it but I have choosen the later version with 2 cars. The front set wheels and the middle set beneath the point of turn both were driven. Very hard to draw but I tell that every time... ;) Maybe I just set the level a little higher :mrgreen:

Anyway, it is adjusted to each other. I have widened the tram from yesterday just a pix in some views. Otherwise the front would be smaller than the rear. I have never saw that anywere, do you?

Load the words... SHOOT ! 8)
Attachments
Schindler.PNG
Schindler.PNG (119.2 KiB) Viewed 2463 times
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

I would suggest not having a black end to the coaches, although they are only seen in corners they can look quite ugly. Keep up the good work, at this rate you'll beat the UKTS!
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Ameecher wrote:I would suggest not having a black end to the coaches, although they are only seen in corners they can look quite ugly. Keep up the good work, at this rate you'll beat the UKTS!
Why not? Just like trains you won't see all of it if you align the 2 pieces properly.
Rendall
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Rendall »

The trams are aligned. I mean, I copy / pasted the parts together without the black part and they cluch perfectly. I don't expect any trouble there. Also the alignment of the sides, especialy in the \ and / views, are checked and alright.
I think Ameecher is partly right. when a tram makes a corner you will see | (back) and \ (front). You will see just some more dark black. When just use grey instead of black and the "problem" is solved.
But those adjustment can be done when the set is coded. We will find bugs anyway. My coder is on a holiday so we have to be patient... :D
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Rendall wrote:when a tram makes a corner you will see | (back) and \ (front). You will see just some more dark black. When just use grey instead of black and the "problem" is solved.
That's what I was trying to say, as usual I was hopeless at making myself clear.
Rendall
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Rendall »

:wink: As a helpdesk employee I am getting used to understand what weird people try to make clear... :lol: :mrgreen:

Ahem... sorry. :O

But more like this?? I just show 1 part. The other one has the same effect. Looks ugly now but moving in the game you won't see it.
Attachments
Schindler_part1_231_244_v1[2].PNG
Schindler_part1_231_244_v1[2].PNG (3.92 KiB) Viewed 2290 times
Rendall
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Rendall »

Because the game doesn't end at the 3th august of the year 2007 23:40 PM I have also thought about future trams...
I just made a scetch of it. But I do like to continue on this one. What about you? Or do you have things in mind?

edit Some disturbing typo's
Attachments
Rendalyne_v1[0].PNG
Rendalyne_v1[0].PNG (2.2 KiB) Viewed 2284 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Those last ones are not proper sprites: Since in TTD you look from above down onto the landscape, you need to see the roofs in _ and | view too. Read my tutorials for more information.

Anyways, AWESOME progress guys! :D
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Rendall
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Rendall »

Purno, the last one is just a scetch and not a drawn sprite. Every drawing has a front and a side view but are not used anywere in the game. It's just an impression for de drawer (me)
Or are more trams not properly drawn? Visit the non public FTP for all drawings.
Rendall
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Rendall »

A whole day of work... nuf said. Now I am going to have a sun bath... 8)

And yes, you are missing a picture cause this tram doesn't exist. It's should be a future tram...
You have to wait for 23 years before sitting in it :mrgreen:
Attachments
Rendalyne_part1_v1[0].PNG
Rendalyne_part1_v1[0].PNG (5.05 KiB) Viewed 2159 times
Rendalyne_part2_v1[0].PNG
Rendalyne_part2_v1[0].PNG (4.83 KiB) Viewed 2160 times
Rendalyne_part3_v1[0].PNG
Rendalyne_part3_v1[0].PNG (3.85 KiB) Viewed 2158 times
Rendall
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Rendall »

And part 4... max 3 so 2nd post :?
Attachments
Rendalyne_part4_v1[0].PNG
Rendalyne_part4_v1[0].PNG (4.5 KiB) Viewed 2156 times
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

That looks nice, Rendall :). We can never have enough future trams, after all Randstadrail isn't too succesful :P.
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

Just to assure you that we value your work and hard effort.
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
Rendall
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Rendall »

And finaly the last one from me at this very moment. There are 2 trams to be painted. 1 is promised by Hyro and 1 I will ask Foobar or will do myself. 8) The 1 by Hyro he has drawn it last weekend. But I think he did something else. As he is right. Only fools like me draw with such a good weather :mrgreen:
Attachments
Brugeoise_1301_1340_v1[0].PNG
Brugeoise_1301_1340_v1[0].PNG (4.17 KiB) Viewed 2043 times
Brugeoise_2101_2130_v1[0].PNG
Brugeoise_2101_2130_v1[0].PNG (4.19 KiB) Viewed 2040 times
Brugeoise_1301_1340[1].jpg
Brugeoise_1301_1340[1].jpg (15.57 KiB) Viewed 2037 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I think your pantographs are a bit strange, you can take a look at mine if you want (I can link you to the file if you can't find the file).

And you seem to be missing the destination sign, though I don't know what color that sign usually is.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

I like chassis in NW NE SW and SE views :))
How about company colours?
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

TBH, I rather see Real colors (so it can be combined with the Dutch Trainset), though 2cc through a parameter switch or something could be nice.
Image Image
Rendall
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Rendall »

pantographs: I have a picture of your pantographs but TBH most off them are useless for me cause the trams are not modern.
2cc: ??? I have already asked myself what is ment by that. Also the text [WIP] in a threat.
Colors: I was not planning company color.... sorry.

Return to “Graphics Development”