Modern Tram Set [R3]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

optigan
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Modern Tram Set [WIP Release]

Post by optigan »

Hey all.

I'm pretty new to this, so bear with me. I've downloaded these magnificent new trams, but I'm just not able to build other than separate cars! I've installed the latest nightly and I'm trying my best using the ctrl key when I buy new cars, just the way it works when creating multi-engine trains. Would someone care to inform me on how I do this?

Also, not the right thread, I know, but all of a sudden the graphics were gone for the canals. Does anyone know how to correct this?
Sir A. Boey
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sir A. Boey »

this looks very promessing!!!

hope to see them released soon...
Good work :shock: :shock:
_____________# If you believe in it, you can achieve it" # ____________
__________________# Check out My Closed Platform #___________________
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

optigan wrote:...but I'm just not able to build other than separate cars! I've installed the latest nightly and I'm trying my best using the ctrl key when I buy new cars, just the way it works when creating multi-engine trains. ...
The depot window shows only the first part of a vehicle. Open up a vehicle's details and you should be able to see all parts of that particular vehicle. Please note that the vehicles in this set are all Articulated Vehicles and come with more than one car by default (although only the first is shown in depot). It's not required to use ctrl+buy as only a single click gives you the whole vehicle. Ctrl+buy just adds another complete vehicle.
torrensguy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by torrensguy »

Hi there, time to jump in with my first post!

If more trams are needed, how about add a bit of international diversity in the Bombardier Flexity Classic? I've heard it's used in a fair few European cities, but the main reasion I'm interested is that I rode one of ours here in Adelaide (South Australia) for the first time last week. When the first few of the new Adelaide trams were tested in Cologne, many of the locals were excited by the clean, basic colour scheme and then disappointed when they heard the trams were going to the other side of the world!

There's a good image of one of our Flexity trams on wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Adelaide_Flexity.jpg
karlneil
Engineer
Engineer

Post by karlneil »

now in progress: alstom citadis.
picture on page one
Projects: Modern Tram Set (Topic)
Two5Kid
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Two5Kid »

Just wondering, is it me or is the set not fully updated according to the graphics you show. Haha!

Edit: No wonder, I was redownloading and loading/unloading the grf. Tried it in different settings: temperate, arctic...etc. Wondering where did the trams go? I'm waiting for the cargo tram actually. Well, guess my game will have to wait a while longer.
Last edited by Two5Kid on 15 Sep 2007 15:03, edited 1 time in total.
Any dream worth having,
Is a dream worth fighting for!
karlneil
Engineer
Engineer

Post by karlneil »

i will finish the citadis and will then find someone who could compile all trams.
thgergo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Modern Tram Set (Release)

Post by thgergo »

karlneil wrote:now finished the siemens combino supra.
i will try to add at least 3 more trams to this set.
That tram is longer in reality... Also the electric collectors are in wrong parts.
It has got 6 parts. Anyway good job, these modern trams are awesome:)
Attachments
It should look like this
It should look like this
tram.PNG (1.31 KiB) Viewed 5239 times
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

May I also remind that Sirio is at least 5 sections?

From Wikipedia:
"Azienda Trasporti Milanesi (ATM), the city transport company of Milan, has bought 93 Sirios (all one direction cars). In 2002, the first carriages were delivered. The ATM has 58 seven section Sirios (7100 series) with a length of 35.35 meters. These trams have a capacity of 285 people, of which 71 can sit. The ATM has also 35 five section Sirio's (7500 series) with a length of 25.15 meters. These trams have a capacity of 191 people, of which 50 can sit. Both types of Sirios have a with of 2.40 meter and have been built for the exceptional rail gauge of 1445 mm. The maximum speed is 70 km/h."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sirio

Please visit above link and Links provided there. They are a huge source of information.
Also it seems logical to make different liveries for Sirio's according to country operating and also diffent sizes like George did by refiting long vehicles.
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
karlneil
Engineer
Engineer

Post by karlneil »

next release will have the right number of carriages and right specs.
Two5Kid
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Two5Kid »

I can't wait for this to be released. Anyway, I don't think that it's a great idea to have the exact length of the trams, then it would look like a train on the roads. And their capacity would be what? 300? 400? per trip? Then we wouldn't need anything else.
Any dream worth having,
Is a dream worth fighting for!
thgergo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by thgergo »

Two5Kid wrote:I can't wait for this to be released. Anyway, I don't think that it's a great idea to have the exact length of the trams, then it would look like a train on the roads. And their capacity would be what? 300? 400? per trip? Then we wouldn't need anything else.
Trams are for massive passanger transportation in cities. Trains are for distancles. Trams are slow, but they have got big capacity, they should be a little slower than ordinary busses, but not slower than city busses. Busses have lesser capacity, but they dont needs tram tracks. And yes, trams in the XXI century looks like a train on roads.(if you count the overall length)
karlneil
Engineer
Engineer

Post by karlneil »

anyone wanna take on the specs? sprites are all finished.
Attachments
TTD Graff.zip
(13.94 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
SuperTycoon
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SuperTycoon »

Any thoughts on creating a 2CC version of this set?
karlneil
Engineer
Engineer

Post by karlneil »

ok how can i make a 2CC version of this set?
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Use the Patch Company 2 colors appropriately.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
SuperTycoon
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SuperTycoon »

I've taken the liberty of recolouring one of your trams using the "magic" company colours. All credits still go to you for the drawing of course, it only took me ten minutes on photoshop to recolour
siemensSupra.PNG
siemensSupra.PNG (5.36 KiB) Viewed 4804 times
karlneil
Engineer
Engineer

Post by karlneil »

8) cool , i will include it.
SuperTycoon
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SuperTycoon »

One thing concerned me when I was doing that, in two of the | views the paint either side of the roof is grey, whereas in others it is yellow (or in the case of my version blue). is this correct?

Also, would you like me to recolour the rest of the sprites to enable a 2CC option? How do you plan to enable 2CC? As a seperate set, or as a refit option on all the trams?
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

IMO, the best way to incorporate 2cc into the set it through a parameter option, i.e. 'set parameter 1 to 0 if original colors, otherwise company colors'.

Return to “Graphics Development”