[Univ] Generic Tram Set (v0.4)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Bilbo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bilbo »

Zephyris wrote:Please note that [capacity of articulated vehicles]=[capacity displayed at purchase]*[number of vehicles].
I have seen that same glitch with hiroshima trams - you bought 150 passenger tram and actual capacity was 450 (3 parts tram). I wonder whether for 3 parts tram it is actually possible that the capacity shown in the window when buying will be equal to real capacity of entire articulated tram, or the newgrf system does not allow it.
If you need something, do it yourself or it will be never done.

My patches: Extra large maps (1048576 high, 1048576 wide) (FS#1059), Vehicle + Town + Industry console commands (FS#1060), few minor patches (FS#2820, FS#1521, FS#2837, FS#2843), AI debugging facility

Other: Very large ships NewGRF, Bilbo's multiplayer patch pack v5 (for OpenTTD 0.7.3)
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

It should be possible, but that may well be an aim for later, just balancing the numbers first!
garkham
Engineer
Engineer

Post by garkham »

Little question: can I build trams with my 0.5.3-RC2 or is it just a thing for advances users ? 'Cause I think it is more difficult than just copying the grf and activating it in the NewGRF menu, isn't i ?
Bilbo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bilbo »

garkham wrote:Little question: can I build trams with my 0.5.3-RC2 or is it just a thing for advances users ? 'Cause I think it is more difficult than just copying the grf and activating it in the NewGRF menu, isn't i ?
0.5.3 does not have trams support. Get nightly version to be able to use them
If you need something, do it yourself or it will be never done.

My patches: Extra large maps (1048576 high, 1048576 wide) (FS#1059), Vehicle + Town + Industry console commands (FS#1060), few minor patches (FS#2820, FS#1521, FS#2837, FS#2843), AI debugging facility

Other: Very large ships NewGRF, Bilbo's multiplayer patch pack v5 (for OpenTTD 0.7.3)
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

Unfortunately the capacity cannot be changed via callback (see http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php ... erties_36_ for a list of alterable properties). It would be possible by the addition of a generic "trailer vehicle" (with a different vehicle ID and capacity 0), then overriding its graphics depending on the head of the tram, i'll work on it!

A question... is it neccecary to use callback 18 (AI construction/purchase selection) for AI to use the correct tram (i don't see how it is applicable for road vehicles), or does AI not use trams?
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Zephyris wrote:is it neccecary to use callback 18 (AI construction/purchase selection) for AI to use the correct tram (i don't see how it is applicable for road vehicles), or does AI not use trams?
There is a callback 18 for road vehicles, but I don't think the AI will build tram tracks.
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

For a generic trailer vehicle how can you make it invisible in the buy vehicle lists? Set vehicle introduction date to 00 00 (so no new vehicle available notification) and set vehicle lifespan and model lifespan to 00?
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Zephyris wrote:For a generic trailer vehicle how can you make it invisible in the buy vehicle lists?
Just set the climate property to 0.
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Generic Tram Set

Post by Zephyris »

New version of v0.3 with fixed graphics (v0.31).
This has not had the vehicle capacities "fixed", in the hope that this "bug" will be fixed in the future :).
Attachments
generictrams_v0.31.grf
(89.21 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
OczeQ
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OczeQ »

hello,
Zephyris, apart form writing, how good is your tram set, can i have a tiny sugestion:

can You make trams for valuables??
Lordmwa
President
President

Post by Lordmwa »

I like the trams very much

would it be possible to allow the goods trams to be refitted to any other types of cargo

also the first goods tram is availible before the first road viechle apart from buses. Is this realistic-ish?

TJ
The TT forums trivia tournament! Come along and join in the fun
http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=90722
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

Re: OczeQ
I could, although given the low production of most banks it seems unnecessary to use trams for the large capacities.

Re: Tycoonjamie
Which cargoes do you have in mind?
And I'm not sure about the date of introduction, lots of stats are likely to be tweaked in the future...
Lordmwa
President
President

Post by Lordmwa »

I was thinking of Valubles in seperate trams and goods trams refittable to all the rest or maybe other things
The TT forums trivia tournament! Come along and join in the fun
http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=90722
RainierWatcher
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by RainierWatcher »

Found a graphics bug, I get this little line off the side of the Foster passenger tram, on the newest set. In game it's black, but on screenshot it came up white. ?(
Attachments
trambug.png
trambug.png (7.13 KiB) Viewed 5688 times
Ways of Preventing Death:
* Don't breathe air. Seriously. Everyone born before 1870 breathed the substance at some point in their life and every one of them is dead today. A coincidence? I think not.
Taken from uncyclopedia
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

Re: RainierWatcher
I thought I'd found all of those! Slightly updated version coming soon...

Re: Tycoonjamie
I'm not too keen on refitting (irrational I know!), but I also see the usefullness of other cargos, esp. food... and possibly water... hmmm... I'll have a think!

Re: Everyone
Just noticed I forgot to update the prices of the trams, they're going to get a bit more expensive! (£6980 for 210 passengers? really?)
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Zephyris wrote:Re: RainierWatcher
I thought I'd found all of those! Slightly updated version coming soon...
Oh, right. That reminds me. I need to go release a new grfcodec. I'd recommend using the latest grfcodec (from SVN or the grfcodec thread) before updating; what's there is what I'll be running through my compilers pretty soon.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Stevie D
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Stevie D »

Doesn't seem to work with TTD Patch - not with the latest nightly build :cry:
The problem is an invalid sprite #32, apparently.

Anyone who can fix this and enable me to run articulated trams will be nothing short of a minor god in my eyes...
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

That's my fault (i think), some sloppy coding which I expected would work but didn't is still in there. This will be updated soon too!
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

DaleStan wrote:Oh, right. That reminds me. I need to go release a new grfcodec. I'd recommend using the latest grfcodec (from SVN or the grfcodec thread) before updating; what's there is what I'll be running through my compilers pretty soon.
Or maybe not. I'd forgetten I have a certain nasty bug to fix first. Easy to avoid: just keep your filenames under 20 characters, but still nasty.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

New version (v0.32) see first post for download.

Re: Stevie D
The sloppy coding has been resolved and should, hopefully, work in ttdpatch (remember to enable articulated vehicles!)

Re: RainierWatcher
I couldn't replicate that graphics bug... which openttd version are you using?

Re: Everyone
Prices have gone up and capacities have gone down (though the passenger trams still have 150 total capacity :) ). They are still be better value than buses and competitive in price with trains.

Return to “Graphics Development”