BK Enhanced Tunnel Set v1.2 (9-April-2011) [update]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: BKTunnel - Enhanced_tunnel - v0.3b released 18th Sept. 2007

Post by Ameecher »

It looks like you have activated the dos version of the .grf as opposed to the windows version or vice versa.

re: Enhanced Tunnels. These are not available in any of the releases of OTTD, only in TTDP.
Castaras
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Castaras »

Ahhh, that'd make sense.

Thanks for the help. =)

Edit: And yep, seems as if that's what I did. Idiot me, as usual. :roll:
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Castaras wrote:(I think, from what I read from searching, it's only a TTD Patch feature...But could I have confirmation? <.< >.>)
Correct. Patch-only.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

I have made a version of BK tunnels that is compitable with "Alpine climate.grf" and "Temperate snow tiles".
Can I upload it here?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

This newgrf is a good example for choosing free licenses (e.g. GPL or CC-whatever, but excluding CC-NC-ND): I tried to contact this author last autumn by all means I could establish (found the same nick in a few forums, but no e-mail - I didn't try MSN contact as on his user page, though) At least I didn't get on any of my contact attempts any reply - thus this work is lost.
Ammler
President
President

Post by Ammler »

Well, at least the coder, OzTransLtd is around...

Maybe he could give you permission...
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

I shall PM him then.
Last edited by Benny on 15 Jun 2010 10:04, edited 1 time in total.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Personally I haven't managed to make contact with Ben_K for a long time despite numerous attempts via MSN and e-mail. As for what you decide to do, I'm not going to go and give permission but on your head be it, really.
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

BK Enhanced Tunnel Set v1.0 (21-Jun-2009) [update]

Post by OzTrans »

Update of BK Enhanced Tunnels v1.0 (21 June 2009) ...

What is new ?

. added 4th parameter to enable forcing temperate or arctic terrain regardless of climate being played. It allows to get temperate terrain tunnels in an arctic game (for players of the Alpine Climate Set), or get arctic terrain tunnels in a temperate game (if that is what you want). This parameter does not affect a sub-tropical game. If not specified, nothing changes and players not wanting to switch terrain do not need to update.

Note : If using parameter 4, then you may want to set parameter 1 or 2 too; to get the desired 'material' for the tunnel walls.

. bumped release from v0.3b to v1.0.

. changed Graphics ID (so that I can update GRFCrawler); change of GRFID has no effect on saved games or game play; just ignore any messages you may get.

4th parameter settings (or see quick set up guide) :

0 - [default] feature disabled; i.e. a temperate game will display temperate terrain, an arctic game will display arctic terrain (just as it has done before).
1 - force temperate terrain, regardless of climate being played.
2 - force arctic terrain, regardless of climate being played.

Note : This parameter does not affect a sub-tropical game.

Download : see below, includes Windows and DOS version and Quick Set Up Guide; enjoy ....

@Ameecher : you seem to be the manager of “http://users.tt-forums.net/ameecher/ben_k_tunnel.html”; could you please upload/update the set on that website.

Could a moderator, please, update the topic title to : “BK Enhanced Tunnel Set v1.0 (21-Jun-2009) [update]”

and move/update this download to/on the first post, as well as update any references from v0.3b to v1.0.

Thank you.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: BK Enhanced Tunnel Set v1.0 (21-Jun-2009) [update]

Post by Lakie »

I've updated the title, minorly adjusted parts of the text and attached a copy of the v1.0 zip to the first post of the thread.

Hope that helps,
~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
welshdragon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by welshdragon »

It works in OpenTTD, any chance of it being uploaded to BaNaNaS?
Semi-Retired TT-Forums Member.
These days I'm:
[list][*]A Local Transport Representative for Bus Users Cymru
[*]Social Media Advisxer for Bus Users Cymru
[*]Volunteer and Fundraiser for Guide Dogs[/list]
flickr | twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Steam

I used to be an idiot called tycoonmarkj.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

OzTransLtd wrote:@Ameecher : you seem to be the manager of “http://users.tt-forums.net/ameecher/ben_k_tunnel.html”; could you please upload/update the set on that website.
Duly noted and I will upload in due course.
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Lakie wrote:I've updated the title, ...
It's perfect ... thank you.
welshdragon wrote:It works in OpenTTD, any chance of it being uploaded to BaNaNaS?
Not at the moment ...
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

*cough cough*
*Brushes the dust off of his tt-forum account*

Hello again everyone!
I'm very sorry that I kind of disappeared without a word but RealLife™ took over and I had to run to keep up with it. For anyone who may care (and I am certainly not assuming there is anyone!), I apologise for this! Especially to those of you who wanted to use my work, I'm very honoured and I actually hope you used it anyway! 8)

Anywho, I probably won't be on here a great amount still but I will try to pop in now and again to keep up with what's going on with Open nowadays. I've updated my email address to my current one, so I am contactable and will be notified of PMs once again!
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Glad to have you back Ben.
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Ben_K wrote:*cough cough*
*Brushes the dust off of his tt-forum account*

Hello again everyone!
I'm very sorry that I kind of disappeared without a word but RealLife™ took over and I had to run to keep up with it. For anyone who may care (and I am certainly not assuming there is anyone!), I apologise for this! Especially to those of you who wanted to use my work, I'm very honoured and I actually hope you used it anyway! 8)

Anywho, I probably won't be on here a great amount still but I will try to pop in now and again to keep up with what's going on with Open nowadays. I've updated my email address to my current one, so I am contactable and will be notified of PMs once again!
You woke me up for this? :x

zzzzzZZZZZzzzzzzZZZzzz

:mrgreen: :lol: :bow:
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Ben_K wrote:Hello again everyone! ...
Nice, that you pay us a visit once in a while ... I'll be in touch before you disappear again ...
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

wallyweb wrote:You woke me up for this? :x
zzzzzZZZZZzzzzzzZZZzzz
Oh Wally, I'm terribly sorry! :lol:
OzTransLtd wrote:Nice, that you pay us a visit once in a while ... I'll be in touch before you disappear again ...
Do that OzTransLtd! I've updated all my details so I will be notified of any communications from now on. :)
kamnet

Monorail/Maglev

Post by kamnet »

Any chance of updating this excellent newgrf so that it support monorail and maglev? Please? Pretty please?
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Monorail/Maglev

Post by OzTrans »

kamnet wrote:Any chance of updating this excellent newgrf so that it supports monorail and maglev? ...
It has been coded. However, due to some graphical issues in a sub-tropical game, BKTunnel is back with Ben_K to get them sorted out.

Return to “Graphics Development”