Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:10 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:27 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

It's frustrating to me as well. That said, 1) Set authors are under no demand that they have to work with each other, 2) there's no expectation that all sets must cooperate with each other, and 3) there's nothing wrong with an author expecting that only their set be used, or used in a certain manner.

If one doesn't like it, feel free not to use those authors' works, or go make your own. There's plenty of latitude here for both. I may not be able to make people play nice, but I'm not without options.

Base Music Sets: OpenMSX | Scott Joplin Anthology | Traditional Winter Holiday Music | Modern Motion Music
Other Projects: 2CC Trams | Modern Waypoints | Sprite Sandbox & NewGRF Releases | Ideabox | Town Names | Isle of Sodor Scenario | Random Sprite Repository
Misc Topics: My Screenshots | Forgotten NewGRFs | Unfinished Graphics Sets | Stats Shack | RoadTypes?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:29 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

wallyweb wrote:
Twyster wrote:
I'll PM a copy of this entire post to OzTrans and Yexo, but if either or both of them don't listen I will post a condemnation of the work ethic of those that were uncooperative in the relevant topics and never again use any of their GRFs.
Have a nice day. :)
And please don't let the screen door slam on your way out. :(

*closes door gently* :wink:

kamnet wrote:
It's frustrating to me as well. That said, 1) Set authors are under no demand that they have to work with each other, 2) there's no expectation that all sets must cooperate with each other, and 3) there's nothing wrong with an author expecting that only their set be used, or used in a certain manner.

If one doesn't like it, feel free not to use those authors' works, or go make your own. There's plenty of latitude here for both. I may not be able to make people play nice, but I'm not without options.

I've PMed them both, using less harsh wording than I did here. Still, this just bugs me, so I felt the need to step in. I apologize for any disruptions.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:44 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

kamnet wrote:

i disagree with this conclusion, because it's not only the author and one user affected. the whole community has to waste support-hours weeding through pointless problem reports, just because of one overly-paranoid person.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:13 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Someone should add this information for any kind of the Canadian set NewGRFs on the info in BaNaNaS :

"Warning ! Don't use this NewGRFs with some type of NewGRFs. Random errors have been encountered. For your maximum enjoyment, please use only with other Canadian NewGRFs that's not outdated"

YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:47 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Hi, can someone tell me what I doing wrong .. I loaded BK Enhanced Tunnels 1.2 (tried the others too), but can not get rails to build on top a I seen on previous pages in this forum. Might be some where in last 11 pages what to do t activate this function, but I not seen it.

The readme file that comes with it says : * Enhanced_tunnel functionality is only available within platforms which support that functionality. This GRF will not allow this function on its own.

I using OpenTTD 1.5.

Also I been playing TTD a long time it only recently that I been experimenting with scenarios and adding newgrf to make play better.

AuzInd (Industry Set): http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
AuzObjects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74510
AuzBridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
AuzStations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:57 am 
President
President

Ben_K wrote:
Enhanced_Tunnels will only work with TTDPatch until the functionality has been developed in OpenTTD.
(Enhanced_Tunnels is the ability to build tracks on the same tile, over head the tunnel entrance)

That's a quote from the very first post in the thread, and the feature hasn't been brought over to OpenTTD yet. So, the "platforms which support that functionality" is TTDPatch.

You're doing nothing wrong, unless playing OpenTTD counts as doing something wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:13 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Thanks for helping. I read in previous pages that need TTDpatch and a part that say it wasn't included in OpenTTD. I was just hoping the new version of OpenTTD would allow it, and just maybe I was doing something wrong. Just have to wait a bit longer I guess.

AuzInd (Industry Set): http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
AuzObjects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74510
AuzBridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
AuzStations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:52 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

as far as I know, it is not on the agenda of any of the developers at this time.

Base Music Sets: OpenMSX | Scott Joplin Anthology | Traditional Winter Holiday Music | Modern Motion Music
Other Projects: 2CC Trams | Modern Waypoints | Sprite Sandbox & NewGRF Releases | Ideabox | Town Names | Isle of Sodor Scenario | Random Sprite Repository
Misc Topics: My Screenshots | Forgotten NewGRFs | Unfinished Graphics Sets | Stats Shack | RoadTypes?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:22 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

kamnet wrote:
as far as I know, it is not on the agenda of any of the developers at this time.
Cirdan did look at this feature (enhanced tunnels) for his New Map Features branch (NOT a patch) of OpenTTD. He found it to be very challenging and set it aside in favour of working on more immediate issues. Priorities permitting, he may return to Enhanced Tunnels sometime in the future. Keep in mind that when eis-os developed this for TTDPatch, he also found it to be challenging and it was only through devoting a lot of time and focus that he was able to resolve it. Hopefully cirdan will be able to get back to it, but I would not expect this to be any time soon.

Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2015 - Tied May 2016