BK Enhanced Tunnel Set v1.2 (9-April-2011) [update]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: BK Enhanced Tunnel Set v1.2 (9-April-2011) [update]

Post by Eddi »

FooBar wrote:Either because nobody is interested in it or because those who are interested don't want to learn the skill to make it happen.
or maybe because it is very complicated and the people who have the skills are otherwise preoccupied
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Eddi wrote:
FooBar wrote:Either because nobody is interested in it or because those who are interested don't want to learn the skill to make it happen.
or maybe because it is very complicated and the people who have the skills are otherwise preoccupied
This goes back a couple (few?) years, but if I remember correctly, eis_os had several issues to contend with when developing enhanced tunnels, but he persevered and eventually made them work. Any chance the OTTD challenges might be similar to what he encountered?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

probably not at all, since the OpenTTD codebase is much more flexible than the TTDPatch codebase, the problems won't be so much technical in nature, but more logical in nature ("how can we achieve this" vs. "what do we actually want to have"). the requirements how "clean" the feature is implemented will be much higher for being accepted into the OpenTTD codebase.
charityalbumman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by charityalbumman »

Version 1.2 needs uploading to the bananas system:

http://bananas.openttd.org/en/newgrf/
Thanks for any help, Pete 8)
"Tea, coffee, meal and takeoff are all optional. Landing is mandatory!"
Click here to visit my Blog, Flight Sim and Train Sim web sites!
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

charityalbumman wrote:Version 1.2 needs uploading to the bananas system:

http://bananas.openttd.org/en/newgrf/
Look for Canadian (BK) Tunnels v1.6 :wink:
suburbansky
Engineer
Engineer

Post by suburbansky »

The tunnel always looks the same, regardless of climate and/or parameters... Is that because I use OpenTTD instead of a Patch, or am I doing something wrong?
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Which version of BK tunnels are you using?
suburbansky
Engineer
Engineer

Post by suburbansky »

The latest one, v 1.2.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

suburbansky wrote:The latest one, v 1.2.
Actually the latest one is linked to here, a couple of posts above this one. 8)
suburbansky
Engineer
Engineer

Post by suburbansky »

OK, thanks - I tried that one, but now the NewGRF won't work at all... :shock:
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

suburbansky wrote:OK, thanks - I tried that one, but now the NewGRF won't work at all... :shock:
If you are using any other Canadian GRFs that are not at version 1.6, they need to be updated. Explanation is here. 8)
suburbansky
Engineer
Engineer

Post by suburbansky »

Now I'm confused... Which of my NewGRFs makes a fuss now?
Attachments
newgrf.jpg
newgrf.jpg (98.59 KiB) Viewed 528 times
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

suburbansky wrote:Now I'm confused... Which of my NewGRFs makes a fuss now?
OpenGfx Airports v0.4.1 is not compatible with any Canadian graphic files. The creators of OpenGfx Airports refuse to fix the problem; but you can request an update by PM (from me) of "Canadian (OG) Airports v0.4.2", which has the same functionality ...
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

OzTrans wrote:
OpenGfx Airports v0.4.1 is not compatible with any Canadian graphic files. The creators of OpenGfx Airports refuse to fix the problem; but you can request an update by PM (from me) of "Canadian (OG) Airports v0.4.2", which has the same functionality ...
Had the same problem yesterday! Found out the problem by activating grf's one by one!
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

OzTrans wrote:
Just to elaborate on the "problem": You chose somewhen against the unwritten rules grfIDs in the range CAXX. And likely Yexo somewhen chose CAYY for the airports grf. At a time where neither your grf were available nor AirportsPlus (now OpenGFX+Airports) was available. And now you claim that Yexo (or me or someone else) needs to change the grfID of OpenGFX+Airports - depsite there being no problem for both to co-exist nicels, no technical reasons whatsoever for any move like that from any side - there can be 64k NewGRFs with a grfID of the type CAxy, and no two which were published did ever collide.

Making up this "problem" obviously backfires, though and causes real problems for your users: people fail to find updates for your NewGRFs as can be seen here and elsewhere :-)
V453000 :)
President
President

Post by V453000 :) »

[enjoy your pointlessly caused problems]
with love
ImageImageImage
Twyster
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Twyster »

This conversation (which I hope I am reading into correctly) is p***ing me off. GRF developers need to stop being stubborn and get with the program. Why should the Canadian graphics be incompatible with OpenGFX+ Airports just because neither side is willing to yield?!

Look, I may not have any authority, but I hereby make a request as close in nature to a demand as is reasonable that OzTrans or Yexo fix this problem as soon as possible. This is unfair, stupid, annoying and aggrivating, and I've had enough of it!
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Twyster wrote:This conversation (which I hope I am reading into correctly) is p***ing me off. GRF developers need to stop being stubborn and get with the program. Why should the Canadian graphics be incompatible with OpenGFX+ Airports just because neither side is willing to yield?!

Look, I may not have any authority, but I hereby make a request as close in nature to a demand as is reasonable that OzTrans or Yexo fix this problem as soon as possible. This is unfair, stupid, annoying and aggrivating, and I've had enough of it!
Posted here earlier today:
OzTrans wrote:As wallyweb mentioned, at present, the only non-Canadian GRF that could give you problems is OpenGfx Airports. Should that be the case, there is an updated version (Canadian (OG) Airports v0.4.2) available on request.
PM a request to OzTrans ... problem solved.
Twyster
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Twyster »

wallyweb wrote:
Twyster wrote:This conversation (which I hope I am reading into correctly) is p***ing me off. GRF developers need to stop being stubborn and get with the program. Why should the Canadian graphics be incompatible with OpenGFX+ Airports just because neither side is willing to yield?!

Posted here earlier today:
OzTrans wrote:As wallyweb mentioned, at present, the only non-Canadian GRF that could give you problems is OpenGfx Airports. Should that be the case, there is an updated version (Canadian (OG) Airports v0.4.2) available on request.
PM a request to OzTrans ... problem solved.
That's what I was getting at when I said what I did, that people have asked OzTrans to fix it and he refuses to and places the burden on Yexo. Now when I say "as close in nature to a demand as is reasonable" I mean "please fix this and if you don't I will vocally protest it", so my goal is not to be demanding for my own sake but to prevent this kind of thing from negatively impacting everyone.

I'll PM a copy of this entire post to OzTrans and Yexo, but if either or both of them don't listen I will post a condemnation of the work ethic of those that were uncooperative in the relevant topics and never again use any of their GRFs.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Twyster wrote:I'll PM a copy of this entire post to OzTrans and Yexo, but if either or both of them don't listen I will post a condemnation of the work ethic of those that were uncooperative in the relevant topics and never again use any of their GRFs.
Have a nice day. :)
And please don't let the screen door slam on your way out. :(

Return to “Graphics Development”