UK Road Vehicle Set [Version 1 of Tram Set released]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

lifeblood wrote:I'm not a fan of the dark windows.
Neither am I in particular but the rooves that Ben has done are very good.
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

lifeblood wrote:I'm not a fan of the dark windows.
Well, when I first accepted the task from Ameecher, I did normal ones. However when I doubled checked them against some pictures, you'll see that they have VERY tinted windows. Nearly black. Hence why they look that way.
http://woollen797.fotopic.net/p36860361.html
http://johnlawontherails.fotopic.net/p36451358.html

Ameecher - if you really did want normal windows I did save the normal version I did too. I can replace them, although it wouldn't be as correct ;)
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

I ideally want something more in between the two but I'm getting dizzy now, our conversation goes full circle for the umpteenth time.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

A bit of news that I can add to this topic is that the Manchester Metrolink system has ordered 24 new trams to supplement the current fleet and a repeat order will be created should the extensions that are planned be given the go ahead.

The new trams are identical to some of those working in Cologne, Germany. The are part of the Bombardier Flexity Swift family and are known as K5000.

This tram will provide a good future tram for the set as they will be introduced from late 2009. I now need to find more trams for the future.
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Ameecher wrote:I ideally want something more in between the two but I'm getting dizzy now, our conversation goes full circle for the umpteenth time.
I know we'd had that discussion, it was more for lifeblood and others to see my logic. At the end of the day, its your set so you call the shots :)
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

In the end, I've opted to use Ben's version of the Supertram since it is bloody good. And now, ONWARDS!

The first 2CC tram that I have drawn, the Balloon classtram from Blackpool. Other 2CC liveries will appear for this tram, just this is the only one at the moment.

The | views gave me real trouble
Attachments
balloon 2cc.PNG
balloon 2cc.PNG (2.75 KiB) Viewed 3379 times
Last edited by Ameecher on 21 May 2007 14:48, edited 1 time in total.
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

Weirdy wrote:They're pretty trams.
Last known as: Weirdy
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

Ive done a livery change, one for 1cc (early) one with a patch cc door. (middle)
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Ameecher, that balloon looks great! Really improved since yesterday :)
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Kind words, thanks again.

Henry, your balloons are good and will probably make into the set. Cheers :)

Another thing, as Bastiaan pointed out, I got the lengths of the NET totally wrong so I've reworked it a bit and here are the results.
Attachments
nott2.PNG
nott2.PNG (9.21 KiB) Viewed 3301 times
daylight
Engineer
Engineer

Post by daylight »

not really relevant, but that little station i drew (see http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=32067 or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beeston_railway_station)
is based on beeston station, a suburb of nottingham. the Nottingham NET is supposed to be going to beeston and there is a lot of discussion as to wether it should go to beeston station or just the town centre. not entirely sure if it would work, maybe it will go to beeston, and i can change it :). it looks really nice though.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

OMG, another one with a crippled color map ...

See http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=577493#p577493 for a correct one.

regards
Michael
Last edited by michael blunck on 05 Jul 2008 11:03, edited 1 time in total.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Thank you Michael, the colours themselves are not wrong though are they?

Edit: it seems that the one you linked to is just rotated 180 degrees to the one that I am using, I will in future use the new one. What is actually wrong with it being "crippled" in this way?
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

What is actually wrong with it being "crippled" in this way?
Well, sometimes you need the colour indices, and in the "wrong" palette you´d have to count them from down right to up left. :P

regards
Michael
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Ah thank you for clearing up that little mystery Michael. :)
Bastiaan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bastiaan »

Ameecher wrote:Another thing, as Bastiaan pointed out, I got the lengths of the NET totally wrong so I've reworked it a bit and here are the results.
That's a lot better, but it still looks too long to me. Shouldn't it be about the same length as the Supertram?
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Bastiaan wrote:
Ameecher wrote:Another thing, as Bastiaan pointed out, I got the lengths of the NET totally wrong so I've reworked it a bit and here are the results.
That's a lot better, but it still looks too long to me. Shouldn't it be about the same length as the Supertram?
Made the leading cars 2 pixels shorter, so 4 pixels in all.

NEWS

Since the announcement that OTTD has trams in trunk I am now developing for this set for OTTD as well as TTDP however.

:arrow: It will be primarily developed for TTDP so if it doesn't work in OTTD I am not that fussed.*
:arrow: It will only be made available to OTTD when OTTD supports articulated road vehicles**
:arrow: Development will not happen any faster now that OTTD has trams, so please do not ask when it will get done. The answer is the usual, when it's done.

*What I mean by this is that if it works fine in TTDP but it doesn't work in OTTD don't come reporting bugs to me since it is most likely to be OTTD and Peter1138 has requested that any bugs (when that time comes of release) are found in OTTD with this set, could people please report them to the OTTD development team and not clutter up this thread with stuff I know little about.
**It is highly probable that aRV support for OTTD will beat these trams to code but I'm putting that in just in case.

For all those interested there is a website which will get updated over the coming week with relevant information about the tramset development and can be found at my website.

Thank you,

Ameecher.
Last edited by Ameecher on 28 May 2007 23:57, edited 2 times in total.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Redrawn the Manchester Metrolink to replace that hideous one I drew which is currently displayed in my sig and is out of scale and also looks nothing like a metrolink tram apart from the colour scheme, so here it is.

The Ansaldo T68 and T68a in real liveries and the T68a in 2CC.

Edit: Development will be set back a bit as I go through all my old sets of sprites redrawing them as they all conform to colour and scale standards of their own, I will also redraw all the pantographs since these are just stuck on to give the impression of what it will look like. This set back should give OTTD some time to sort out aRVs ;)
Attachments
metrolinkmock.PNG
metrolinkmock.PNG (1.16 KiB) Viewed 2882 times
Dave

Post by Dave »

Much better Gaveth.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

Your artwork amazes me!
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.

Return to “Graphics Development”