Tropic Refurbishment Set: v0.3c RELEASED!!

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator

Re: Tropic Refurbishment Set: v0.3c RELEASED!!

Post by uzurpator »

Badger - moderation is best left to moderators.

London - CT60 has its power set to what it does because this loco by design is meant to run on straight level tracks. If you want it to run always at full speed, multihead it.
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

uzurpator wrote:Badger - moderation is best left to moderators.
Just providing some helpful advice, nothing more.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

i hereby grab this chance to state that this is still one of my favourite sets. ever.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Vemarkis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Vemarkis »

What happened to the awesome trucks you were showing off in the previous thread, uzurpator? :wink:
bungy52
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bungy52 »

Hello and thank you for The Tropic Refurbishment Set: v0.3c.

I was a great fan of your previous Tropic Train Set. Your more recent set does have more engines and they look very good indeed. Just some minor critism and if I may. Firstly I have played the game and with this set and until the year 2012. So far. But still the fastest engine on either that is diesel or that which is electric is just a mere 160km/h.

And compared and to other train sets and at this time this speed is very poor indeed. I mean in the game of Transport Tycoon that is.

Also your "L" class and from Australia was a real engine. But it was not deseil as you have made it. But an electric one. And I ought to know this. And it is because I spent 20 years and of my life and working and as a train examiner and in the State Of Victoria. And I simply know these L class engines back to front. As well as many other engines used and in this State of Australia. And that the State Government of Victoria electrified the line all the way to Sale I think it was back then. And to make it cheaper and to send the very large deposits of coal and from Gippsland
(Eastern Victoria) and to the major shipping ports. And after all it is a fact. That Gippsland (Eastern Victoria) actually has and still has and to this very day. The largest coal deposts to be found anywhere and in the entire world. It also once had the tallest trees and to be found anywhere and in the entire world. Until some careless British immigrants went there and chopped them all down. And like idiots.

So how about a new version of your excellent Tropic train set which I simply know only you can do. And taking into account these small changes. I would love for example engines made and by you and into the future. And which run on both the monorail as well as by megarail. Please keep up the very good work. And may God bless you always.
uzurpator

Post by uzurpator »

Bungy52.

Thank you. It is kind of refreshing to see my work appreciated. As for your criticsm, no offense taken :)

L class locomotives, there are two locos which bore ( or still bear? ) this designation in Australia. The one you mentioned, pure electric, and this one:

http://www.vicsig.net/index.php?page=lo ... l-Electric

TRS models the second kind :)

As for the maximum speeds. TRS was designed around the concept of moderate speeds and heavy cargo haulage ( if you can, play with wagon speed limits and realistic acceleration, it makes the game much more varied ) thus fast locomotives were not deemed necessary. This assumption is, I think, realistic since the fastest locomotives in the world which can be modeled in TRS are, afair, Australian XPT class. All other locomotives are below 160km/h.

However - in the late game ( years 2025+ ) there are, respectively, 225, 250 and 300km/h locomotives :)
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
uzurpator

Post by uzurpator »

I hope powers at be won't flog me for this bump.

I have reanimated and updated the TRS web-page, available at the link below:

http://uzurpator.com.pl/self_www/tropic ... index.html
Bob_Mackenzie
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bob_Mackenzie »

Does this mean we are getting an updated version of the GRF soon?
uzurpator

Post by uzurpator »

Nope. Just updating the long-lost documentation of the set. If it is described - it is in the set 0.3c
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Because of the no flipping feature implimented in 1.1.0 this set will need a update to work with this. Also, theres a few changes to the set that should be included into the update. Theres also a few other locomotives that could/should be added :3
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
ZEROGOKI1983
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ZEROGOKI1983 »

Sorry to bump this again. But on OTTD 1.1.1 there seams to be a problem with the waggons, as there are no waggons for fruit or rubber.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

ZEROGOKI1983 wrote:Sorry to bump this again. But on OTTD 1.1.1 there seams to be a problem with the waggons, as there are no waggons for fruit or rubber.
the box cars should be able to do that
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
ZEROGOKI1983
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ZEROGOKI1983 »

Works now.

Looks like some incompatibly problem with some other addon.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

I know its been years since the last post but I was wondering who and if the artist of the Tropic Refurbishment Set is still around.

I'm planning on making a Railset that covers the entire African continent and I want to use the TRS sprites as a place holder for now until I can get my own sprites (be they drawn by me or by someone else)

I hope I can get permission to use the sprites as it would help me greatly (especially since I'm not very good at drawing steam engines)
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

NekoMaster wrote:I know its been years since the last post but I was wondering who and if the artist of the Tropic Refurbishment Set is still around.

I'm planning on making a Railset that covers the entire African continent and I want to use the TRS sprites as a place holder for now until I can get my own sprites (be they drawn by me or by someone else)

I hope I can get permission to use the sprites as it would help me greatly (especially since I'm not very good at drawing steam engines)
The dude who made this set is still active : it's uzurpator, and he connected last time June 15. :wink:
uzurpator

Post by uzurpator »

I gave explicit permission to use anything I ever made for TTD to be used in any context whatsoever, because this 'get permission' cancer is rediculus.
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

You know I might start to sound like a broken record but this is still one of my go-to sets, along with the DBset and Pikka's UKRS. This set in tropic climate is just the absolute best.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Hunnuli
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hunnuli »

I always wanted to get into tropical, so I decided to give this a shot. I ran into the boxcar can't be refitted for rubber issue that ZEROGOKI1983 ran into. In my case it appears to be a conflict between OpenGFX+ Industries and this set. Doesn't seem to matter which is higher on the list(does that even matter for this loader, I can't remember).

Anyways I figured I would just share what broke it in my case just incase someone else runs into the issue and has a massive GRF list that would be daunting to go through one by one.

Definitely makes Tropical more playable so far :bow: . Too bad that game is broken. Trying to remove OpenGFX+ Industries breaks the industries and if it is left in I can't transport rubber or fruit. At least not by train. So I will have to start a new game up again next time I feel like doing so. This time with the knowledge of the conflict and the ability to avoid breaking my poor save.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Hunnuli wrote:I always wanted to get into tropical, so I decided to give this a shot. I ran into the boxcar can't be refitted for rubber issue that ZEROGOKI1983 ran into. In my case it appears to be a conflict between OpenGFX+ Industries and this set. Doesn't seem to matter which is higher on the list(does that even matter for this loader, I can't remember).

Anyways I figured I would just share what broke it in my case just incase someone else runs into the issue and has a massive GRF list that would be daunting to go through one by one.

Definitely makes Tropical more playable so far :bow: . Too bad that game is broken. Trying to remove OpenGFX+ Industries breaks the industries and if it is left in I can't transport rubber or fruit. At least not by train. So I will have to start a new game up again next time I feel like doing so. This time with the knowledge of the conflict and the ability to avoid breaking my poor save.
While this wont solve the issue you could either try playing with NARS 2.5 enabled or the 2cc Wagons in NML I made (that provides just the wagons from 2cc Trains in NML, which I made just for cases like this when old sets stops working properly)
Hunnuli
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hunnuli »

NekoMaster wrote:
While this wont solve the issue you could either try playing with NARS 2.5 enabled or the 2cc Wagons in NML I made (that provides just the wagons from 2cc Trains in NML, which I made just for cases like this when old sets stops working properly)
I didn't think to search for wagon sets as a work around :oops:. Thanks! Now I don't have to choose between continuing on with the big diamond network but missing out on all the rubber subsidies or starting a new game so that I can branch out if I get tired of diamonds.

Return to “Graphics Development”