US company headquarters

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

I like it!
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

skidd13 wrote:After a break I needed to draw a bit for this replacement again... So here is a mockup of the current work. I didn't find any really nice photos so it might have some differences referring to the original (Flat Iron Building - NY). Of cause it (the original) has no CC. :)
As best as I can tell, it needs only one thing ... CODING! :lol:
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

Thanks for the comments. :)

And another update:

It'll replace the smallest HQ. Maybe a bit to much advertising for an oil group. ;)

EDIT: Cars drawn by OZ. Recolored by me
Attachments
small_hq.png
small_hq.png (2.65 KiB) Viewed 3745 times
Mockup
Mockup
preview.png (85.96 KiB) Viewed 3743 times
What does that mean - the circumstances? I determine what circumstances prevail. -- Napoleon Bonaparte
---
If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. -- John F. Kennedy
---
Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. -- John F. Kennedy
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Skidd, nice work on all of the sprites! :D
In the last one, I think the colours are just a little too vivid. It makes them stand out from the rest of the architecture a bit much. But other than that, great! 8)
CMircea
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CMircea »

Is it possible to have road vehs drive on the road tiles?
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

Ben_K wrote:Skidd, nice work on all of the sprites! :D
In the last one, I think the colours are just a little too vivid. It makes them stand out from the rest of the architecture a bit much. But other than that, great! 8)
I still have problems with the lightness of the ttd sprites. ;) Better? Aside the two cars on the parking lot will be in CC and 2nd CC.
Desolator wrote:Is it possible to have road vehs drive on the road tiles?
I'm not so deep into NFO. But I think they'll be only fake.

By the way only two buildings are missing and my time is limited. Is there a coder out there. :?:
Attachments
mockup
mockup
preview.png (85.96 KiB) Viewed 3660 times
hq.png
hq.png (4.56 KiB) Viewed 3662 times
What does that mean - the circumstances? I determine what circumstances prevail. -- Napoleon Bonaparte
---
If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. -- John F. Kennedy
---
Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. -- John F. Kennedy
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

skidd13 wrote:Better? Aside the two cars on the parking lot will be in CC and 2nd CC.
Yes mate, looks nice! :D 8)
The only thing that stands out now (to me, anyway) is the roof seems a little empty/featureless (Compared to the shading etc. on the other buildings around). Maybe a bit more texturing, some weathering on it?
Pookey
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Pookey »

Or, if it was larger, you could have added a helicopter pad.
Posted by Pookey...

For Information on TTD Patch Click Here
For Information on Building a Network (FAST) Click Here
For Information on Building a Network as a Challenge (SLOW) Click Here
For Help on the Different Signalling Types Click Here
Before Asking a Question, Please use the Forums Search Function Here and if you do Ask a Question, Please Provide as much Detail as Possible.
If you do not get a Crash Log when TTDPatch Crashes, Follow the Olly Debug Instructions Here and Post the Resulting Screenshot with your Problem.

skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

Ben_K wrote:The only thing that stands out now (to me, anyway) is the roof seems a little empty/featureless (Compared to the shading etc. on the other buildings around). Maybe a bit more texturing, some weathering on it?
Sure the roof was simple, but finding photos of petrol station roofs is quite hard :P. But you gave me the idea to use google earth. Now I think it's finished. :D
Pookey wrote:Or, if it was larger, you could have added a helicopter pad.
Never heared of a heli pad on a petrol station. :lol:
Attachments
preview.png
preview.png (86.05 KiB) Viewed 3547 times
---
---
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

That looks much better, very nice :) Keep it up
Denke nie gedacht zu haben, denn das Denken der Gedanken ist gedankenloses Denken.
Wiki Page/Talk, Member of the OpenTTD Scenarios Team
Looking for OpenTTD scenarios? - Here's a List of player-made scenarios. Please help us grow the database with your contributions.
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Skidd, its great! :D every improvement really moves it on! :D

Sorry to add yet another thing - The grass seems to stand out but I think in a temperate map it will look fine. :) Is there any way of making the grass appear from the current terrain type? Maybe when coded? :?

Im looking forward to a release of this collection! :D
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

Ben_K wrote:Sorry to add yet another thing - The grass seems to stand out but I think in a temperate map it will look fine. :) Is there any way of making the grass appear from the current terrain type? Maybe when coded? :?
Yes, I draw them for temperate first. But they will be adapted to the terrain type. This is already in planning.
I've got no problems with constructive criticism, I like it. ;)

Edit:
Here are the full grapics. 2nd Bank and medium HQ are only missing.
Attachments
hq.png
hq.png (49.12 KiB) Viewed 597 times
---
---
CMircea
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CMircea »

The 2nd HQ needs a few cars. And the grass should also change to snow/tropical grass.
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

I'm going to be annoying and ask you to do a British HQ set too. Seeing as your drawing skills are of a rather good quality.
Last known as: Weirdy
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

Desolator wrote:The 2nd HQ needs a few cars. And the grass should also change to snow/tropical grass.
Cars will be added.
I don't know if it is possible to have 2 diffrent versions of a HQ type in only one climate. Any NFO expert out there?

Weirdy wrote:I'm going to be annoying and ask you to do a British HQ set too. Seeing as your drawing skills are of a rather good quality.
Someone asked earlier! ;)
N8king wrote:...
Perhaps, there will be an european HQ-Set in futur, with only european buildings
My answer is the same as before:
Maybe...
---
---
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

So 2nd bank is ready.

Amarillo national bank.
Attachments
mockup
mockup
screenshot.png (88.68 KiB) Viewed 3194 times
---
---
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

A cute tripple post.

I played a bit with the 1st HQ. Like Desolator suggested. Here is the result.
Attachments
hq.png
hq.png (5.45 KiB) Viewed 2947 times
---
---
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

skidd13 wrote:A cute tripple post.

I played a bit with the 1st HQ. Like Desolator suggested. Here is the result.
I hope you've been following the US Road Set Completion thread. It looks like they are planning on having a different road surface for the early years. :wink:
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

wallyweb wrote:I hope you've been following the US Road Set Completion thread. It looks like they are planning on having a different road surface for the early years. :wink:
Sure, but I'll finish it first, before I extend it. ;)
If other artists want to join the project they are welcome.
---
---

Return to “Graphics Development”