ECS vectors v1.1.2 (by George) 19/06/2011

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Do you use ECS with TTDP?

I use ECS under TTDP
5
3%
I use ECS under TTDP and OTTD
7
4%
I use ECS under OTTD
147
92%
 
Total votes: 159

RichardJGE
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 32
Joined: 31 Dec 2015 17:31

Re: ECS vectors v1.1.2 (by George) 19/06/2011

Post by RichardJGE »

Dear George,

As a fan of your industry set, which I use frequently, I thought you might be interested in a suggestion I have?

With industries such as Agriculture, especially Livestock, a large amount of waste product is produced (sludge). What's more, many industries like canning, textiles and alike also have waste that needs to be transported, especially if they are very large industries that normal waste trucks cannot cope with. I was wondering if you had ever considered a dump or recycling plant that could process said waste. Could be an interesting aspect to add to the vector system.

Warm regards,
Richard.

User avatar
George
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 4311
Joined: 16 Apr 2003 16:09
Skype: george-vb
Location: SPb, Russia.
Contact:

Re: ECS vectors v1.1.2 (by George) 19/06/2011

Post by George »

RichardJGE wrote:As a fan of your industry set, which I use frequently, I thought you might be interested in a suggestion I have?
With industries such as Agriculture, especially Livestock, a large amount of waste product is produced (sludge). What's more, many industries like canning, textiles and alike also have waste that needs to be transported, especially if they are very large industries that normal waste trucks cannot cope with. I was wondering if you had ever considered a dump or recycling plant that could process said waste. Could be an interesting aspect to add to the vector system.
Sorry, but waste cargo was not intended for ECS.
The function of waste cargo at food plant, cannery, brewery plays fertilizer. Than less food is produced, than more fertilizer is produced.
Image Image Image Image

RichardJGE
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 32
Joined: 31 Dec 2015 17:31

Re: ECS vectors v1.1.2 (by George) 19/06/2011

Post by RichardJGE »

George wrote:
RichardJGE wrote:As a fan of your industry set, which I use frequently, I thought you might be interested in a suggestion I have?
With industries such as Agriculture, especially Livestock, a large amount of waste product is produced (sludge). What's more, many industries like canning, textiles and alike also have waste that needs to be transported, especially if they are very large industries that normal waste trucks cannot cope with. I was wondering if you had ever considered a dump or recycling plant that could process said waste. Could be an interesting aspect to add to the vector system.
Sorry, but waste cargo was not intended for ECS.
The function of waste cargo at food plant, cannery, brewery plays fertilizer. Than less food is produced, than more fertilizer is produced.
Sure thing. Fertiliser is fine enough, which provides a useful loop. It was just a thought as most of the ECS has loop networks, I was thinking more of a line which is just dumped, with no next line, as it were.

Best,
R.

User avatar
George
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 4311
Joined: 16 Apr 2003 16:09
Skype: george-vb
Location: SPb, Russia.
Contact:

Re: ECS vectors v1.1.2 (by George) 19/06/2011

Post by George »

RichardJGE wrote:
George wrote:
RichardJGE wrote:As a fan of your industry set, which I use frequently, I thought you might be interested in a suggestion I have?
With industries such as Agriculture, especially Livestock, a large amount of waste product is produced (sludge). What's more, many industries like canning, textiles and alike also have waste that needs to be transported, especially if they are very large industries that normal waste trucks cannot cope with. I was wondering if you had ever considered a dump or recycling plant that could process said waste. Could be an interesting aspect to add to the vector system.
Sorry, but waste cargo was not intended for ECS.
The function of waste cargo at food plant, cannery, brewery plays fertilizer. Than less food is produced, than more fertilizer is produced.
Sure thing. Fertilizer is fine enough, which provides a useful loop. It was just a thought as most of the ECS has loop networks, I was thinking more of a line which is just dumped, with no next line, as it were.
No, this is not intended.
Fertilizer already provides the loop, one loop per vector is more than enough.
Image Image Image Image

RichardJGE
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 32
Joined: 31 Dec 2015 17:31

Re: ECS vectors v1.1.2 (by George) 19/06/2011

Post by RichardJGE »

No, I acknowledged that fertiliser created a loop, but I meant that a waste system would not provide a loop. It would be an end product. Just to clarify.

RichardJGE
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 32
Joined: 31 Dec 2015 17:31

Re: ECS vectors v1.1.2 (by George) 19/06/2011

Post by RichardJGE »

I was wondering then, George (if I may), what further plans do you envision for ECS Vectors? If new cargo types became available, or the limit was increased, would there be any big changes? Are there any changes that you are currently pondering over?

Regards,
R.

KeldorKatarn
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Posts: 274
Joined: 13 Apr 2010 21:31

Re: ECS vectors v1.1.2 (by George) 19/06/2011

Post by KeldorKatarn »

I scanned the thread but couldn't find an answer right off...

The GRFs at this url:
http://george.zernebok.net/temp/ECS1.2/

How ready are those for playing? What are the remaining problems with those?

Thank you

User avatar
George
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 4311
Joined: 16 Apr 2003 16:09
Skype: george-vb
Location: SPb, Russia.
Contact:

Re: ECS vectors v1.1.2 (by George) 19/06/2011

Post by George »

KeldorKatarn wrote:I scanned the thread but couldn't find an answer right off...
http://george.zernebok.net/temp/ECS1.2/
How ready are those for playing? What are the remaining problems with those?
Yes, it is playable.
I plan ECS 2.0 but it is not done yet
Image Image Image Image

KeldorKatarn
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Posts: 274
Joined: 13 Apr 2010 21:31

Re: ECS vectors v1.1.2 (by George) 19/06/2011

Post by KeldorKatarn »

Cool thanks :) Just upgraded a running game from 1.1 to 1.2 and it seems to work just fine. The map is starting to build the missing industries. I just need to modify one city growth script but that also works fine :)

Thanks for this industry set I really like it. Now that I've played with it for an extended period for the first time I like it a lot better than FIRS. I love that it adjusts the output to what the player company can handle. The dependency on station rating is a bit flawed but that's the game's fault not ECS' so I changed that slightly in the code. Now it works perfectly :)

Keep up the good work.

User avatar
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Posts: 332
Joined: 27 Dec 2010 16:26
Location: Finland

Re: ECS vectors v1.1.2 (by George) 19/06/2011

Post by alluke »

Why did you stop updating Construction Vector? It's one of my favorites and the old version is still rocking in all my ECS games. :?
Image

User avatar
kamnet
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7213
Joined: 28 Sep 2009 17:15
Location: Eastern KY
Contact:

Re: ECS vectors v1.1.2 (by George) 19/06/2011

Post by kamnet »

alluke wrote:Why did you stop updating Construction Vector? It's one of my favorites and the old version is still rocking in all my ECS games. :?
It was merged into ECS Basic Vectors II.

User avatar
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Posts: 332
Joined: 27 Dec 2010 16:26
Location: Finland

Re: ECS vectors v1.1.2 (by George) 19/06/2011

Post by alluke »

kamnet wrote:It was merged into ECS Basic Vectors II.
Not completely, Lime Quarry and Construction Industries are missing, which are big part of the experience.
Attachments
Näyttökuva 2016-01-09 kello 19.19.26.png
Näyttökuva 2016-01-09 kello 19.19.26.png (113.27 KiB) Viewed 3580 times
Näyttökuva 2016-01-09 kello 19.19.04.png
Näyttökuva 2016-01-09 kello 19.19.04.png (121.82 KiB) Viewed 3580 times
Image

User avatar
kamnet
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7213
Joined: 28 Sep 2009 17:15
Location: Eastern KY
Contact:

ECS Industries Addons?

Post by kamnet »

So this weekend I decided to start cleaning up my NewGRF toybox and I came across a file, "ECS_Industry_Addon-2012.12.26". I can't seem to find this file anywhere on the forums or elsewhere. Anybody care to point me in the right direction?

User avatar
piratescooby
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Posts: 339
Joined: 21 Nov 2014 12:39
Location: The Granite City.

Re: ECS vectors v1.1.2 (by George) 19/06/2011

Post by piratescooby »

Been having a tidy myself , over 5000 grf too much on computer and found this file cant recall where it came from .Hope it is the one you were looking for . Brought up on topic here : http://www.openttd.fr/forum/viewtopic.p ... opic=16691
Attachments
ecsadd.grf
(17.13 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
Last edited by piratescooby on 11 Jan 2016 02:40, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kamnet
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7213
Joined: 28 Sep 2009 17:15
Location: Eastern KY
Contact:

Re: ECS vectors v1.1.2 (by George) 19/06/2011

Post by kamnet »

piratescooby wrote:Been having a tidy myself , over 5000 grf too much on computer and found this file cant recall where it came from .Hope it is the one you were looking for .
I don't need the file itself, what I want to know is who created it and where I can point others to download the file and any documentation.

User avatar
piratescooby
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Posts: 339
Joined: 21 Nov 2014 12:39
Location: The Granite City.

Re: ECS vectors v1.1.2 (by George) 19/06/2011

Post by piratescooby »


Matze!
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 3
Joined: 29 Feb 2016 00:32

Re: ECS vectors v1.1.2 (by George) 19/06/2011

Post by Matze! »

Dear George,
Beautiful work but
The German translation is not complete.
but was in 2014 already inserted http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/ecs ... german.lng
I use version 1.2 of 2012 is a new version?

Sorry for my bad English
Attachments
Bild 1.PNG
(1.37 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Bild 2.PNG
(1.26 MiB) Not downloaded yet

User avatar
George
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 4311
Joined: 16 Apr 2003 16:09
Skype: george-vb
Location: SPb, Russia.
Contact:

Re: ECS vectors v1.1.2 (by George) 19/06/2011

Post by George »

Matze! wrote:The German translation is not complete.
but was in 2014 already inserted http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/ecs ... german.lng
I use version 1.2 of 2012 is a new version?
Sorry for my bad English
1.2 is the newest version, but the lng file on the web translator is for ver 2.0 only (under slow development).
Image Image Image Image

Matze!
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 3
Joined: 29 Feb 2016 00:32

Re: ECS vectors v1.1.2 (by George) 19/06/2011

Post by Matze! »

O.K. Thanks

Symbol
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 1
Joined: 21 Mar 2016 23:53

Re: ECS vectors v1.1.2 (by George) 19/06/2011

Post by Symbol »

Hey there.

I've got kind of a problem, but I'm not sure whether it's connected to ECS. I cannot keep station rating high enough to make primary industry always grow. As said in wiki, to make primary industry (say coal or iron ore mine) always grow, at least 75% transportation level is required. Therefore at least 75% station rating should be present to achieve that. Rating of 77%+ is supposed to be easily achievable (in my understanding), that is: always loading train (making cargo pick-up less than 7 days - 51%), statue - 10%, <100 cargo - 16%, which gives 77% and usually small % is gained from speed of train (AFAIK max speed matters, not entry speed). Overall that gives around 80% of station rating without concerning trains ages. But to some reason station rating is pretty unstable (though it should be stable?) and usually drops below 75% for no clear reason (no crashes). Is it somehow connected to ECS (using 1.1.2 now) or I'm misunderstanding some game mechanics?

If someone can point to my mistake that would be awesome

Post Reply

Return to “Graphics Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests