ECS vectors v1.1.2 (by George) 19/06/2011

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Do you use ECS with TTDP?

I use ECS under TTDP
3%
I use ECS under TTDP and OTTD
4%
I use ECS under OTTD
93%

Total votes: 166

Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: ECS vectors v1.1.2 (by George) 19/06/2011

Post by Wahazar »

No tourist are spawned, for example in large town with Grandhotel Zvon, however station coverage claim both accept/supplies tourists.
ECS Town vector 1.2 R163
ECS Houses 1.2 R185
Can anybody confirm if it is replicable issue?
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

McZapkie wrote:No tourist are spawned, for example in large town with Grandhotel Zvon, however station coverage claim both accept/supplies tourists.
ECS Town vector 1.2 R163
ECS Houses 1.2 R185
Can anybody confirm if it is replicable issue?
could you please a savegame? I can't reproduce it here
Image Image Image Image
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

George wrote:
could you please a savegame? I can't reproduce it here[/quote]
Save is here:
http://149.156.194.203/~mczapkie/Train/ ... an1981.sav
but it is save from JGR-0.13.2 patched server, therefore I'm not sure if it is ECS related or other bug.
Vehicles are refitted, cargodist display empty tourist link.
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
nihues
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nihues »

I've noticed too, changed houses to after ECS and no Tourists, using latest JGR PatchPack, maybe it's a patch bug note related to ECS.
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

a day length patch may affect ECS.
Could you reproduce the problem with trunk?
Image Image Image Image
nihues
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nihues »

George wrote:a day length patch may affect ECS.
I'm not using DL (not enabled but patched), I've asked JGR to look if come with something.

But it's only Tourist, all other cargoes are fine. Houses show Tourist but don't generate.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

nihues wrote:
George wrote:a day length patch may affect ECS.
I'm not using DL (not enabled but patched), I've asked JGR to look if come with something.

But it's only Tourist, all other cargoes are fine. Houses show Tourist but don't generate.
The same GRF config works in trunk, so it looks like a problem with my patchpack rather than a ECS GRF issue.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

I confirm, after downgrade ECS houses to 1.1.2 version, still no tourist generation, my preindustrial houses hotels are not generating either.
I will try to retrieve older saves, I'm pretty sure that it was working with previous JGR versions.
nihues
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nihues »

McZapkie wrote:I confirm, after downgrade ECS houses to 1.1.2 version, still no tourist generation, my preindustrial houses hotels are not generating either.
I will try to retrieve older saves, I'm pretty sure that it was working with previous JGR versions.
JGR already resolved:
This is due to the town cargo generation factor patch, and so has been present in every jgrpp release to date.
I'm slightly surprised that no-one has noticed it until now, then again I suppose most players don't use ECS.

This is fixed now and will be in the next release.
Nagyzee
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Nagyzee »

I'm trying to put together a scenario in TTDP for nostalgic reasons but it's quite challenging especially on the newgrf front. I planned to use ECS but I can't find any versions anywhere online that would work in TTDPatch. v1.2 is only for OTTD but according to the ECS site v1.1.2 should work in TTDP, too. But with that version I'm running into the same bug of course that wallyweb reported here:
viewtopic.php?p=967866#p967866

Unfortunately your fix ( viewtopic.php?p=967908#p967908 ) was overwritten by a newer version not compatible with TTDP and wallyweb never published his fix (hinted at here: viewtopic.php?p=1112553#p1112553 ) or at least I couldn't locate it. I couldn't find versions older than v1.1.2 either.

It would be great and much appreciated if a TTDP compatible version (no matter how old) was made available for download on your site for legacy reasons. ECS is/was the flagship industry set of TTDP after all.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Nagyzee wrote:wallyweb never published his fix (hinted at here: viewtopic.php?p=1112553#p1112553 ) or at least I couldn't locate it. I couldn't find versions older than v1.1.2 either.
Wow! That was Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:30 am. I might have it on a hard drive on an old PC. This will take a few days for me to find out what I did.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Double Post ...

Found the fixes I did. Not knowing George's licensing policy, this is an unauthorized fix release for archival purposes for TTDPatch Windows.
Attachments
ECS fix v1.1.2 TTDPw.zip
(2.24 MiB) Downloaded 139 times
KeldorKatarn
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by KeldorKatarn »

Is version 1.2 available as source somewhere, including the sprites, i.e. ready to pack into a GRF? I was thinking about making some slight logic changes for a personal game if the sources are available somewhere.
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

KeldorKatarn wrote:Is version 1.2 available as source somewhere, including the sprites, i.e. ready to pack into a GRF? I was thinking about making some slight logic changes for a personal game if the sources are available somewhere.
What sources do you need?
Image Image Image Image
KeldorKatarn
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by KeldorKatarn »

George wrote:
KeldorKatarn wrote:Is version 1.2 available as source somewhere, including the sprites, i.e. ready to pack into a GRF? I was thinking about making some slight logic changes for a personal game if the sources are available somewhere.
Well I have the ECS 1.2 grfs from Sep 11 to Feb 12. I just wanted to have a look. All I wanted to tweak was basically that an industry only drops one level if not enough cargo is waiting instead of having a chance to drop all the way to the bottom again. In longer daylength games it takes forever for it to go up again. Dropping all the way from normal to very low is painful.
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

KeldorKatarn wrote:
George wrote:
Well I have the ECS 1.2 grfs from Sep 11 to Feb 12. I just wanted to have a look. All I wanted to tweak was basically that an industry only drops one level if not enough cargo is waiting instead of having a chance to drop all the way to the bottom again. In longer daylength games it takes forever for it to go up again. Dropping all the way from normal to very low is painful.
If you mean you need the commented NFO - then here they are
https://yadi.sk/d/mCac3EdZ3U72SR
Image Image Image Image
KeldorKatarn
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by KeldorKatarn »

I actually meant the original source. Or did you actually code ECS in plain NFO without using a tool chain to generate it from something higher level. I wouldn't even know where to begin changing something here. If that's how it was done I'll pass :D
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

That NFO is the original source, afaik we have no tools that produce useful comments.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
KeldorKatarn
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by KeldorKatarn »

I never looked into NewGRF development, so let me get this straight... before NML got introduced... you guys wrote basically bytecode?... no wonder NewGRF development takes forever....
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Alberth wrote: That NFO is the original source, afaik we have no tools that produce useful comments.
Comments in plain nfo can be included by "actionC". AFAIR, this has been used as well by George, if not even said feature was initially included after being proposed by him.
KeldorKatarn wrote: I never looked into NewGRF development, so let me get this straight... before NML got introduced... you guys wrote basically bytecode?... no wonder NewGRF development takes forever....
There were a lot of other attempts "before NML" - just remember GRFmaker. And reading/writing plain nfo isn´t that hard - after a while. I remember writing DBXL v0.7 in one afternoon, many years ago.

Coding has never been "the problem" in producing large sets, but *designing* the set in the first place, and supplying all the needed graphics are the real problems.

And BTW, files of ECS.zip indeed contain (some) real comments.

regards
Michael

Return to “Graphics Development”