Born Acorn's stuff (Tram Depot released)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Very good

Post by maquinista »

I like it!
It is very realistic!

There is a screenshot, with this graphics installed:
Is a Ameecher screenshot.
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Born Acorn wrote:Right, the first release of the Generic Buffers.

G E N E R I C . . . B U F F E R S

Known Problemos: Currently, in OpenTTD 0.5.0 RC1 and 2, the plain ground buffer shows up as the Ausland/NSW one. This is fixed in the trunk, and it may get into 0.5.0 final.

Download Here
As a tester, they are the best thing since... well, there have been so many good things, but lets say "since sliced bread".

Sometimes the simple things are what we really need. Now we just need an Aussie buffer to replace the Ausland version.

/me hides from Born Acorn
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

I agree, I tested these things, and they are darn awesome. And yes, aussie-style buffers will be needed next :p
Formerly known as Lachie
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Woo, yay!
GameR
Director
Director

Post by GameR »

the buffers dont work here.... i even only used the buffers but it dident work... our how my patch is installed in an big mess that it makes mistakes...
add me ass friend! i'm so lonely!
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

GameR wrote:the buffers dont work here.... i even only used the buffers but it dident work... our how my patch is installed in an big mess that it makes mistakes...
That is absolutely no help to the GRF Author. If you expect to get help, you need to describe your problem in more detail.
Formerly known as Lachie
ChristopherT
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ChristopherT »

WhiteHand wrote:
GameR wrote:the buffers dont work here.... i even only used the buffers but it dident work... our how my patch is installed in an big mess that it makes mistakes...
That is absolutely no help to the GRF Author. If you expect to get help, you need to describe your problem in more detail.
If it helps, I've installed the buffers too along with the USSet, and the TTDpatch base graphics. I'm running patch version 2.5 beta 9. The buffers are active in the game but I can't figure out how to place them while I'm building the tracks. There is no obvious menu that's been added to place them nor any additional icons in either the railroad or electric railroad menus. They're not part of the depots or station selection either.

Thanks!

Christopher
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

ChristopherT wrote:If it helps, I've installed the buffers too along with the USSet, and the TTDpatch base graphics. I'm running patch version 2.5 beta 9. The buffers are active in the game but I can't figure out how to place them while I'm building the tracks.
If you have a graphics problem, assume that both ttdpatch.cfg and newgrf[w].cfg are required to debug, unless you know for a fact otherwise.

Screenshots of the New Graphics Status Window, and the places where you expected to see the new item(s)/menu(s)/&c. can also be helpful.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Dave

Post by Dave »

ChristopherT wrote:There is no obvious menu that's been added to place them nor any additional icons in either the railroad or electric railroad menus. They're not part of the depots or station selection either.
Do you have newstations switched on?

I believe the GUI for it is in ttdpbasew.grf

Can you access any other station types?
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

The generic buffers are built at stations. Enough said.
Formerly known as Lachie
ChristopherT
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ChristopherT »

Dave Worley wrote: Do you have newstations switched on?

I believe the GUI for it is in ttdpbasew.grf

Can you access any other station types?
Yes, newstations is on, so is ttdpbasew.grf I can access other station types, I was using the usstatsw set just fine. I play around with it some more tonight.

Thanks, Dave!

Christopher
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

You probably have too many station grf:s active. Try turning some of them off.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

what is the licence so Brianetta can use them on his server? He told me to do the dirty work as I wanted them.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

You guys realise it hasn't been added as a new catagory, it's avaliable as the station dropdown menu from the default stations. Ie, open the station window, and instead of picking a new catagory, choose a new platform type. You should have the TTD Default one, plus the two lots of buffers.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

robotboy wrote:what is the licence so Brianetta can use them on his server? He told me to do the dirty work as I wanted them.
Excuse me but do you even need to ask?
This would be the same as if i asked before downloading "Can i use it in my game?"
Graphics are made to be used in games so go ahead and use it :wink:
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

Er, well, I know Oskar specifically prohibits use outside of TTD. And that means use with OpenTTD is not allowed...
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Some people see no difference though. :p

The Tram Depot should be released in a few hours, hopefully.
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

tough isn't this forbiding kinda useles?
It's like saying you can't open Microsoft office files in open office becouse Bill Gates doesn't want to let you...
It's not like were recoding gfx, editing it or something it's just using original file in it's original form for same thing just in another program :roll:
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Killer 11 wrote:
robotboy wrote:what is the licence so Brianetta can use them on his server? He told me to do the dirty work as I wanted them.
Excuse me but do you even need to ask?
Brianetta needs permission to use them (which, I agree, is implied by the release), but he also requires permission to redistribute them, and that is not implied.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser

Return to “Graphics Development”