Born Acorn's stuff (Tram Depot released)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

I gave someone permission a few days back. It's the same for all.
ChristopherT
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ChristopherT »

Raichase wrote:You guys realise it hasn't been added as a new catagory, it's avaliable as the station dropdown menu from the default stations. Ie, open the station window, and instead of picking a new catagory, choose a new platform type. You should have the TTD Default one, plus the two lots of buffers.
That's what I expected too. The UKWaypoints work like that and I can
add them to the game just fine. The buffers don't work even with all
.grs removed from the game except ttdbasew.grf. I'm going to add
the latest and greatest nightly patch and see if that works.

Christopher
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

ChristopherT wrote:The UKWaypoints work like that and I can
add them to the game just fine.
No, they don't. They appear as the station class, "Signal-box".
Formerly known as Lachie
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

WhiteHand wrote:No, they don't. They appear as the station class, "Signal-box".
yes, but if newstations is installed, it's added to the other signalboxes. i guess that's what he meant, it's added to an existing class.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

The Brick Tram Depots are here! You can find them at the bottom of this post.
EDIT: New version, I messed up the GRF-IDs.
Attachments
tramdpw.GRF
Windows Version.
(54.09 KiB) Downloaded 350 times
tramdp.GRF
DOS Version.
(54.09 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
Formerly known as Lachie
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

I've updated the first page with the tram depot release information.
ChristopherT
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ChristopherT »

For the record I got the buffers working properly now. I was playing with the Canadian Stations set when it struck me. It seems to me that the buffers in this set are set so they will never accept goods or passengers, correct? The buffers look really good in dummy yards and I'm going to experiment with a dummy hump yard and see how that works.

Thanks, Guys!

Christopher
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Born Acorn wrote:Right, the first release of the Generic Buffers.[/b]
I may be a bit thick, but do they support Alpine climate? The Snow works fine, and looks great, but the grass is the original Arctic.

Using 0.1.

Also, are there any plans to add wires to the buffers? Ie, overhead wires for trains?
Attachments
SCR327.png
SCR327.png (16.51 KiB) Viewed 4906 times
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Ooh, I think both are down to peter1138 on that one, as they'll be code related. :wink:

However, Electric rails could require new graphics. Does any have a picture of how electric lines end?
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Born Acorn wrote:However, Electric rails could require new graphics. Does any have a picture of how electric lines end?
Traditionally, they end with a pole in the centre of the railway, that ends the line, and keeps the tension high. I'll see if I can find pictures.

Carlingford, Sydney Australia

That one isn't very good, because the line used to continue, but it shows a small silver pole beyond the main support, which ends and tenses the wire...

Newcastle, Australia

Again, not very clear, but it might give you some idea?
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
ImageImage
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

often in large stations it would go to the building at the end of the track

also are any variations on the buffer stops going to concieved, it does look very modern, and generally the buffers at the end of bare bays would be an old wooden one or a ballast/coal container. in stations it would be a red rail one. and the snowy one could be a snow pile, with a plank on it mabey?
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Well at Norwich, Kings Cross, Liverpool Street and Euston they end with a central pole, it can be seen here and another example.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

I'll have a go at them. However, I cannot promise a release at any time, as peter1138 is a busy busy man!
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

m3henry wrote:also are any variations on the buffer stops going to concieved, it does look very modern, and generally the buffers at the end of bare bays would be an old wooden one or a ballast/coal container. in stations it would be a red rail one. and the snowy one could be a snow pile, with a plank on it mabey?
Heh, in rural NSW, it was usually a sleeper bolted to the top-side of the track. Sometimes they painted it white. Most of the time they didn't.
Ameecher wrote:Well at Norwich, Kings Cross, Liverpool Street and Euston they end with a central pole, it can be seen here and another example.
Thats the kind of shot I was looking for! Thanks Ameecher!
Born Acorn wrote:I'll have a go at them. However, I cannot promise a release at any time, as peter1138 is a busy busy man!
Well, as with anything TTD related, we understand, and if anybody tries to rush you, you can just moderizzle them (you can borrow my moderizzle stick if need be. Unless you got a stick of your own?)
ImageImage
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

for the generic buffers can you do a canopy version for 2 squares, like TTD?

and with your waypoints, can you make the abandoned station able to be up to 3 squares long, because abandoned stations usually have some platform left alone
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
squishycube
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by squishycube »

About the catenary termination: I know a place where they couldn't put a pole in the middle of the track and attach the wire there (because the rail continues). What they did was put a pole on each side of the rail and the catenary splits and is attached to each pole.
The great thing about this solution is that it can also be used for places where the electrified rail ends, but unelectrified rail continues.
I heard the stories that they tell of how they labored for this company which sold it's soul to hell

It's my alter ego in my avatar, not me!
Dave

Post by Dave »

That's not what happens on a lot of British rails.

I'm thinking of Lichfield Trent Valley's connection between low and high level rails.

The electrification ends just after the connection branches off and there is just a single catenary structure that the catenary ends.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Yeah a lot of the time the electrification just stops, sometimes just off to one side with a massive sign saying "no electric trains past this point" or "electric trains stop". Or at termini the OHLE ends with the style that I showed above.
Atlantis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Atlantis »

That makes sense, as catenary is done in blocks, with the blocks beginning and ending at one side of the tracks. The end of the wire is just one block ending (at one side) without another one taking over...
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Born Acorn's stuff (Tram Depot released)

Post by Benny »

I have made a version of Generic buffers that is compitable with "Alpine climate.grf" and "Temperate snow tiles".
Can I upload it here?

I may be a bit thick, but do they support Alpine climate? The Snow works fine, and looks great, but the grass is the original Arctic.
Your dream just proved to be true! :D

Return to “Graphics Development”