combined airport set v0.5 [Searching for a new maintainer]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

I think the decission has been made! So the grf is updated. Merry Christmas!
What does that mean - the circumstances? I determine what circumstances prevail. -- Napoleon Bonaparte
---
If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. -- John F. Kennedy
---
Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. -- John F. Kennedy
MacLir
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MacLir »

Are there any switches to turn those ugly red squares back to white? The rest looks good and will look even better without the red...
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

MacLir wrote:Are there any switches to turn those ugly red squares back to white? The rest looks good and will look even better without the red...
These squares are red because I used "Frankfurt am Main" ariport as ground template. So NO. :)
What does that mean - the circumstances? I determine what circumstances prevail. -- Napoleon Bonaparte
---
If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. -- John F. Kennedy
---
Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. -- John F. Kennedy
MacLir
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MacLir »

Thats a shame, it would have been a nice set to use without the red.
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

MacLir wrote:Thats a shame, it would have been a nice set to use without the red.
If you want to have it without: code it and draw it. Its not so hard! ;)
---
---
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

GRF updated, after I recieved the permission of Andrex to use his ground sprites. Now V0.3
MacLir wrote:Thats a shame, it would have been a nice set to use without the red.
After my update you can also use Andrex yellow ones.
---
---
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

Aren't the airports from Richk67 good enough?
What's with all the 3 feet high railings and annoying red-colored landing spaces? It's not that the aircraft don't know where to land. :-S
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

SirkoZ wrote:Aren't the airports from Richk67 good enough?
The airports are nice, but I dislike the building from the refinery. Also I dislike the round building of the original airport. I'm someone who tries to change the things he don't like, so I did.
SirkoZ wrote:What's with all the 3 feet high railings
Aren't there always fences around airports? Besides I like the look of those fences so I added them.
SirkoZ wrote:The annoying red-colored landing spaces? It's not that the aircraft don't know where to land. :-S
Ha Ha Ha. Good one.
Read the thread. I drew them red cause I used some photos of Germany's biggest airport as template.
---
---
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

I see - thank you for the explanation.

I only dislike the red color because it really "falls in my eyes" - i.e. stands out of the quite harmonious color scheme....
Fences are really high also. :)
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

At the moment I'm working on a combined airport-set with many parameters.
I need some permissions again... Update will follow.
  • current parameters:
  • base ground
  • buildings
  • small airport
  • transmitter
  • heliport
A question beside: Is there a grf-code to check if a parameter is set in ottd?
I thougth over someting like this:

Code: Select all

2 * 9        09 00 04 \71 \d0 01
3 * 6        0D 00 04 \D= 00 00
---
---
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

skidd13 wrote:Is there a grf-code to check if a parameter is set
Yes.

-1 * 0   07 <param> 04 \7> \d0 E0
-1 * 0   07 <param> 04 \7= \d0 E0
// If you get here, the parameter is not set.
// If you want to reverse the test, skip the only-if-param-is-set code here
-1 * 0   10 E0
If, of course, the desired effect is to set a default value for a parameter, don't do that. Instead, use an action D with the high bit of the operator byte set.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

DaleStan wrote:If, of course, the desired effect is to set a default value for a parameter, don't do that. Instead, use an action D with the high bit of the operator byte set.
You're right with the idea of setting a default for the parameter.

Are you talking about something like this?

// parameter0 std=5
-1 * 0    07 00 04 \7> \d0 02
-1 * 0    07 00 04 \7= \d0 01
-1 * 0    0D 00 04 80 \d5
// parameter1 std=3
-1 * 0    07 01 04 \7> \d0 02
-1 * 0    07 01 04 \7= \d0 01
-1 * 0    0D 01 04 80 \d3
---
---
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

No. Remove the action 7s, and then go read the documentation on action D's operation byte again.
And not the table. The part after it.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

DaleStan wrote:No. Remove the action 7s, and then go read the documentation on action D's operation byte again.
And not the table. The part after it.
I get it that I don't need to use action 7 before. But I don't realy get the point with the action D.

2 * 10       0D 00 04 80 00 FF \d5
3 * 10       0D 01 04 80 01 FF \d1
4 * 10       0D 02 04 80 02 FF \d1
5 * 10       0D 03 04 80 03 FF \d3
6 * 10       0D 04 04 80 04 FF \d3
TTDPatch Wiki wrote:You can add 80 to the operation number to make it apply only if the target is not defined yet.
I want to set the target to a new constant value so I set 0 + 80 = 80 as operation number.
TTDPatch Wiki wrote:If either source1 or source2 is FF, the value from <data> is used instead of a parameter value.
So I set source2 to FF.
If I set source1 to FF or both sources the result is, that nothing changes if I load the grf, even if I set the parameter per cfg. If I set only source2 to FF I can change the value per cfg.
TTDPatch Wiki wrote:If, for example, parameters 0 and 1 are set in the newgrf(w).cfg file, and action D sets parameter 4, then parameters 2 and 3 automatically become defined and get a value of zero.
So I set at first parameter 0, then parameter 1, and so on.

Sorry english is not my native language. :(
---
---
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

skidd13 wrote:
TTDPatch Wiki wrote:If either source1 or source2 is FF, the value from <data> is used instead of a parameter value.
So I set source2 to FF.
If I set source1 to FF or both sources the result is, that nothing changes if I load the grf, even if I set the parameter per cfg. If I set only source2 to FF I can change the value per cfg.
Does it work in TTDPatch?
If yes, your code is right and Open is wrong. Submit a bug report.
If no, then your code is wrong. Assuming NFORenum finds no problems, post the GRF file and a description of what effect each of the parameters should have.

Your code looks fine to me, so I'm guessing that Open is the problem, but I don't know for sure.
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

DaleStan wrote:Does it work in TTDPatch?
The problem is I've no access to a Windows, so I can't test it. :(
DaleStan wrote:If yes, your code is right and Open is wrong. Submit a bug report.
If no, then your code is wrong. Assuming NFORenum finds no problems, post the GRF file and a description of what effect each of the parameters should have.

Your code looks fine to me, so I'm guessing that Open is the problem, but I don't know for sure.
So I need a beta-tester for TTDPatch. Or could you free some time, DaleStan?

Edit: Tried NFORenum on my linux and got these Errors\Warnings at every action D:

//!!Error (123): Source parameter 1 is invalid.
//!!Warning (41): All action Ds are 5 or 9 bytes long.
---
---
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

skidd13 wrote:
DaleStan wrote:Does it work in TTDPatch?
The problem is I've no access to a Windows, so I can't test it. :(
Patchman hasn't had a Windows box since alpha 49, I believe, but that hasn't stopped him. http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php?page=TTDonLinux
skidd13 wrote:Edit: Tried NFORenum on my linux and got these Errors\Warnings at every action D:

//!!Error (123): Source parameter 1 is invalid.
//!!Warning (41): All action Ds are 5 or 9 bytes long.
Hm. I missed that. But NFORenum's right. You've specified that the source parameters are 80 and 00. 00 is OK, but 80 is not a meaningful as a source.

I'm guessing you're trying to put a <size> byte in your action Ds.
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

DaleStan wrote:Patchman hasn't had a Windows box since alpha 49, I believe, but that hasn't stopped him. http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php?page=TTDonLinux
Thats new to me. Tried it quick but failed, cause of problems with directx. :evil:
I'm not a friend of Mr. Gates software, as you see in my avatar.
DaleStan wrote:Hm. I missed that. But NFORenum's right. You've specified that the source parameters are 80 and 00. 00 is OK, but 80 is not a meaningful as a source.

I'm guessing you're trying to put a <size> byte in your action Ds.
right. Now NFOrenum runs without errors :), but no change in result of openttd :(.
---
---
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

Dubble Post. Sorry!

Ok I got TTDPatch working now. But it say's that there is a problem with sprite #2.

Attachted the nfo.
Attachments
newairportw.nfo.txt
(10.85 KiB) Downloaded 328 times
---
---
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

What's the exact error message?

This should have nothing to do with the problem, but I think you got confused about which of the two <source>s are used for assignment.

Return to “Graphics Development”