North American Industry Set - Updated Tracking Table

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

robotboy wrote:But its a North American styled industry set. So he may want to leave certain ECS cargoes/industries out.
ECS does not have a style. Now it uses any graphics that exists. So, unless the full set with specific style is done (like North-american style for example), the graphics can be used in the ECS :roll:
Image Image Image Image
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

lifeblood wrote:It would be nice if certain industries were coded to appear in towns ...
If this is to be done, I have a request ...
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
make sure that a reasonably precise description as to how these are located (ie. "how many tiles from town center" or "must be built in town zone [x]) is included in the readme.

Few people appreciate just how frustrating it is to place a restricted industry when designing a scenario if there are no guidelines given.

Also, for in game, please limit prospecting to resources. In real life factories, plants, tourist attractions etc. are built, not prospected for.
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

George wrote:The Agriculture vector is fast done in ECS. Could you work on improving it instead of redoing it, or better focus on the other vector? You made the excellent Automotive plant, so may be it would be the best to focus on machinery vector?

Machinery vector consist of Iron ore mine, Steel mill and Automotive plant. There is Steel mill and Automotive plant, so, all we need is Iron ore mine? Could you create it?

May I use Steel mill and Automotive plant graphics in ECS Machinery vector?
George, this set has little to do with the ECS. The only real connection is that it may share some art work. On the first page of this topic Dan has written out the scheme for the North American Industries Set. It is this scheme that I am drawing to. Please do not turn this into a discussion about the supremacy of the ECS.

Feel free to use any artwork I create. Please note that the steelmill sprites were drawn by Oz, not I.
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

lifeblood wrote:George, this set has little to do with the ECS. The only real connection is that it may share some art work. On the first page of this topic Dan has written out the scheme for the North American Industries Set. It is this scheme that I am drawing to. Please do not turn this into a discussion about the supremacy of the ECS.
I did not plan to do it, I was only speaking about graphics. The only aim of my post was to suggest such the order of drawing graphics for NAI set, which will allow covering ECS with graphics as soon as possible :rool:. It does not matter for NAI set, in what order it is created, isn't it? ;)
Let me remind that it is already uses NAI graphics - Farm by Oz, Cannery by you, they are very nice.
lifeblood wrote:Feel free to use any artwork I create. Please note that the steelmill sprites were drawn by Oz, not I.
Thank you!
Are you or Oz interested in creating iron ore mine graphics?
Image Image Image Image
Oz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Oz »

Not at the moment, George. I've got my fingers into way too many projects as it is. In fact, the steel mill for this set isn't finished yet. But, I will take it off of the backburner as soon as I'm done with my other stuff. :wink:
Arguments from authority carry little weight (in science there are no "authorities"). - Dr. Carl Sagan. "The Demon Haunted World"
ImageImage
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

Sorry, George. I thought you were getting at something else. My apologies for jumping on you. Currently, I'm uninterested in drawing mines. The agricultural vector is closer to my heart, living in rural Ontario.
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

lifeblood wrote:Sorry, George. I thought you were getting at something else. My apologies for jumping on you. Currently, I'm uninterested in drawing mines. The agricultural vector is closer to my heart, living in rural Ontario.
Well, hope you'll get good results in agricultural vector and I can use them to improve ECS agricultural vector :P
Image Image Image Image
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

George, how about this. In exchange for getting carte blanche use of my industries, you get to cut them into sprites for me. This is something I'm not too familiar with doing. I'm good with stations that are only 1 tile deep, but anything after that gets me confused.

Sound good? :D
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

lifeblood wrote:George, how about this. In exchange for getting carte blanche use of my industries, you get to cut them into sprites for me. This is something I'm not too familiar with doing. I'm good with stations that are only 1 tile deep, but anything after that gets me confused.
Sound good? :D
Fine
What should we start from?
Image Image Image Image
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

I'll be finished the auto-assembly plant in a few days. I'll PM it to you when I'm done. :wink:
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Hi!
As I can see here is lots of progress last few days!
So I have one question. Maybe it not very right place to ask but well....
Is there anyone planing to make full NA road vehicle set for TTD? Ofcuz supporting those new goods what is here in this thread and default goods?
Asking because I'm working/drawing undercover some NA trucks! Not much work done! For now I have drawn some short vehicles and trailers for freight liners! As I'm waiting 'articulated vehicles' code finishing so we can have long road trains (hope You all understand what I mean).
So I hope stevenh is finishing articulated vehicles some day! (But I think it seems to be improbable)
So I hope I can get some help and if theres a right time some of us create/open NA trucks thread in this forum!
~cheers
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

ISA wrote:As I'm waiting 'articulated vehicles' code finishing so we can have long road trains.
North American trucks, in generally, are pretty darn big. So it never seemed to be worthwhile to try to do such a set, until properly articulated long vehicles were possible. George's set is about as close as we can get for now.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

krtaylor wrote:
ISA wrote:As I'm waiting 'articulated vehicles' code finishing so we can have long road trains.
North American trucks, in generally, are pretty darn big. So it never seemed to be worthwhile to try to do such a set, until properly articulated long vehicles were possible. George's set is about as close as we can get for now.
Yes true! But at least You can have smaller ones in the first place! And bigger ones we can finish when articulated long vehicles is possible!
This set would have some buses too, so some work we can complete!?!
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

Question: can industries change appearence over time, for instance, can the assembly plant production sprites change from showing Oz's pre-1945 cars to showing his post-1945 cars?
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

lifeblood wrote:Question: can industries change appearence over time, for instance, can the assembly plant production sprites change from showing Oz's pre-1945 cars to showing his post-1945 cars?
Yes. Industry tiles can use all the general VarAction2 variables (date, etc), as well as the industry and industry tile specific ones, to choose between sprites.
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

Glad to hear. The assembly plant just got a little more complex. 8)
Gebbe
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gebbe »

I don't have time to read this topic completely, but could somebody tell me if there is a grf-release of the North American Industry Set? From http://wiki.openttd.org/index.php/North ... _GRF_files I came to this topic, but I can't find a link to a grf-file. Very sad, because the pictures are promising! :D

Gebbe
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

Not yet. It's still in development. :D

Although Pikka or Dan might know more than I. Nothing of mine has been coded yet.
Gebbe
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gebbe »

All right, then I will wait... although it's hard to do so, seeing that beautiful previews ;)

Anyway, thanks for your quick answer!

Gebbe
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

lifeblood wrote:Nothing of mine has been coded yet.
Cannery was
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Graphics Development”