North American Industry Set - Updated Tracking Table

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

looking NAIS! (Nice)
Last known as: Weirdy
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

lifeblood wrote:Here be my effort for an automobile assembly plant.
... and what a nice effort it is indeed. :D
Just a couple of things missing ... hmmm ... can't quite put my finger on it ... oh yes ... more industries and a release date! :wink:
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Lifeblood - Great, great work!! Just a tiny bit more texturing (On the windows, for example) and it will look perfect! Awesome... 8)
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

stuff the car side!
that looks like a the perfect factory.
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

Very nice.
But maybe some small cars coming out on one end and maybe a car park where the finished cars are parked until collection. :D
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

The Irish wrote:... and maybe a car park where the finished cars are parked until collection. :D
This would be ideal for a station. I'm thinking of the Canadian Station Set's parking lot. Instead of filling up as passengers increase, it could fill up as goods (shiny new cars) increase. I recommend setting it up just as with the original ... no tracks. That way there would be more flexibility in using it.
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

Thanks for all the nice comments! I'll tweak the windows. Seeing it with a grass background really brings out how flat the windows look on the red-brick building. Also, I'm working on my own form of branding...

I forgot to mention that this is the factory in its idle state. Once production starts, it's appearence will change, with autos in the side lot, and that big green door will open, and cars will come out. Trucks will make deliveries, and all that fun stuff. I've now started on the auto-components plant. :D
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

lifeblood wrote:autos in the side lot, and that big green door will open, and cars will come out. Trucks will make deliveries, and all that fun stuff.
And you're expecting me to code all this, are you? :o :lol:
Pug
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pug »

Who else can? We need the best man for the job. This is turning into a great industryset.

I wonder when every graphic in TTDP will be changed from its original
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

PikkaBird wrote: And you're expecting me to code all this, are you? :o :lol:
Don't you worry, there's no animation, just a different set of sprites for production. Everything remains stationary.
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

lifeblood wrote:Here be my effort for an automobile assembly plant.
I'm speechless; excellent work ...
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

:shock: Wow.... Absolutely Amazing!!!!!!
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

When I should've been marking papers, I decided to play around in photoshop and came up with this, the automotive components plant. Where as the assembly plant was based on pictures of GM plants in Oshawa, the components plant is based on factories near my home, making this a quick and easy draw.

Again, this is in the idle state, it'll look busy when its in production.

I'm still tweaking with the assembly plant, watch for that soonish.
Attachments
ACMOCKUP.png
ACMOCKUP.png (42.47 KiB) Viewed 4492 times
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

:shock: I like :D Looks awsome man, keep it u[p.
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

:shock: 'Blood' stop making us 'shocked', we cant close our big eyes anymore! Ok /joke
Your job is fantastic and we/I hope that you'll continue that good work!
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

... city roads and plant ...
are these roads going to be part of the plant ? If not you will not get city roads, if that factory is built out of town. Otherwise very good work.
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

OzTrans, I just put the roads in there to serve as a reference. More so with the assembly plant, to highlight that it is not contiguous. It would be nice if certain industries were coded to appear in towns, much like MB's brewery, and a few of Pikka's industries too, in which case urban roads would be more likely to appear. For that reason, coding the roads into the set would make the roads un-useable.

Dan and Pikka: I'm about to start on the construction phases for these, and I hate doing this. It's pointless to put much work into this, because they last for a short period of time. So, how lazy can I be? Keep in mind, the sooner I get this 'vector' (to borrow a word from ECS) done, the sooner I'll move on to agricultural/edibles 'vector'. :wink:
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

lifeblood wrote:Dan and Pikka: I'm about to start on the construction phases for these, and I hate doing this.
God, tell me about it. Haet construction stages.

As to how lazy you can be, well, it mustn't look finished while it's under construction, but I'm happy with just one construction stage, that's all most of my UKRS industries have. Dan?
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

lifeblood wrote:Keep in mind, the sooner I get this 'vector' (to borrow a word from ECS) done, the sooner I'll move on to agricultural/edibles 'vector'. :wink:
The Agriculture vector is fast done in ECS. Could you work on improving it instead of redoing it, or better focus on the other vector? You made the excellent Automotive plant, so may be it would be the best to focus on machinery vector?

Machinery vector consist of Iron ore mine, Steel mill and Automotive plant. There is Steel mill and Automotive plant, so, all we need is Iron ore mine? Could you create it?

May I use Steel mill and Automotive plant graphics in ECS Machinery vector?
Image Image Image Image
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

But its a North American styled industry set. So he may want to leave certain ECS cargoes/industries out.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/

Return to “Graphics Development”