North American Industry Set - Updated Tracking Table

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

@wallyweb
> It would appear that we have drawn Michael out of his laboratory/studio just a bit.

TBH, only from the kitchen having put together my famous apple pie for the weekend. :P

> Did you say animated, Mr. Blunck? 8)

All my newindustries are animated. Some to such a degree that I can barely handle it. :twisted:

> [...] We will soon have UK, NA and EU to select from.

I doubt a UK "snow industry" would be that realistic? Even the Royal Family travels to Switzerland to have some winter fun. 8)

regards
Michael
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

michael blunck wrote:@wallyweb
> It would appear that we have drawn Michael out of his laboratory/studio just a bit.

TBH, only from the kitchen having put together my famous apple pie for the weekend. :P
Yum! :D
michael blunck wrote:> Did you say animated, Mr. Blunck? 8)

All my newindustries are animated. Some to such a degree that I can barely handle it. :twisted:
I am now having visions of animated industries gone wild, ravaging the world. :twisted:

michael blunck wrote:> [...] We will soon have UK, NA and EU to select from.

I doubt a UK "snow industry" would be that realistic? Even the Royal Family travels to Switzerland to have some winter fun. 8)
That is because they are rich! The peasants get to head for the highlands here :P
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

@wallyweb

>> I doubt a UK "snow industry" would be that realistic?
>> Even the Royal Family travels to Switzerland to have some winter fun.

> The peasants get to head for the highlands here :P

Yeah. What I said: no snow. :P :P

regards
Michael
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Animated eh Michael? Well, I did say that was just a mock up... :twisted:

Thanks for the comments guys, the sawmill comes first, then the ski resort. I want to modify that hotel... I was thinking of animating it as well, just not sure how yet.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

michael blunck wrote:Yeah. What I said: no snow. :P :P
Some of those cam shots show snow. :wink: But this could be a good excuse for adding another level to the ski resort industry where it accepts goods (snow making equipment). Just kidding. :lol:

Actually my reference to NA, UK and EU was more towards set variety rather than ski resorts in particular.

Moving this discussion back into the realm of "on topic", some suggestions for DanMack re the ski hills: The spacing between the chairs on the lift are somewhat irregular. Also the hill itself could use a bit more texturing/featuring with the addition of those infernal moguls that some of us skiers are so fond of breaking our legs on.
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

wallyweb wrote: Moving this discussion back into the realm of "on topic", some suggestions for DanMack re the ski hills: The spacing between the chairs on the lift are somewhat irregular. Also the hill itself could use a bit more texturing/featuring with the addition of those infernal moguls that some of us skiers are so fond of breaking our legs on.
Yes, that's what I mean with "some kind of ski piste". I think they should be also placed in a random manner for greater variation. Next would be the ability to build the ski resort in different directions.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Sleepie wrote:So it is possible (in TTDP) to use different new industrie sets, that provides equal industrie chains, side by side in one game?
Yes, as long as you don't exceed the limits: 37 industry types and 32 cargo types.

A few magic NFO incantations may be required to keep the cargos from colliding, though.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

michael blunck wrote:> But where are the skiers???

Hehe. For the AlpineClimate industries I have something suspiciously similar in development. O/c with skiers´ and ski-lift animation. 8)

regards
Michael
Stop teasing us! :p
CPCNMAN007
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by CPCNMAN007 »

Wow amazing DanMack :shock:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Whoa, DanMacK surpassed himself! Didn't think he could do that. But as he, Michael and Pikka prove, they just keep finding bigger rabbits in their hats.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

Mmm! Very nice work on the ski hill and the sawmill. I reccomend adding some variation to the ski hill, so that it's not just a straight, flat slope. Perhaps a ridge and a valley would be nice.

Soon I'll have something to show for the auto plants.
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I want to be able to make graphics like you guys. :(

Awesome... 8)
lifeblood wrote:...I reccomend adding some variation to the ski hill, so that it's not just a straight, flat slope. Perhaps a ridge and a valley would be nice.
And a few more trees that people ski around? (Or into :? )
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

Dan, while making some toast for lunch an idea came to me. How about having a warehouse as an industry for medium and large cities where goods can be shipped to, much like the fuel depot in Pikka's mini-industry set?

Also, can we have the Auto-assembly plant recieve steel as well? There's often stamping taking place at these facilities.
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

I'm more inclined to ship the parts to the plant. The Ford plant here accepts frames and high-cubes of parts, but no raw steel to my knowledge.

re: the warehouse... it's a possibility.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

lifeblood wrote:How about having a warehouse as an industry for medium and large cities where goods can be shipped to, much like the fuel depot in Pikka's mini-industry set?
DanMacK wrote:e: the warehouse... it's a possibility
In my games I often use Aegir's freight buildings for just such a setting, not just for goods but also for food. I set the goods/food warehouse station just outside the town(s) and then use trucks to complete the delivery to local stations within the town. It is very effective and realistic and it adds an interesting level to the gameplay. Keep in mind that buildings within the towns already accept food/goods and only need a station to service them.
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

Here be my effort for an automobile assembly plant.
Attachments
MOCK UP.png
MOCK UP.png (91.64 KiB) Viewed 4271 times
Oz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Oz »

:shock: I think I need to change my pants! Holy sh.....

The only suggestions I have is to make the windows a little less flat. Maybe a GM or Ford symbol to drive home the point that its an assembly plant, and not some random factory? Otherwise, perfect!

Cheers!
Arguments from authority carry little weight (in science there are no "authorities"). - Dr. Carl Sagan. "The Demon Haunted World"
ImageImage
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

lifeblood wrote:Dan, while making some toast for lunch an idea came to me. How about having a warehouse as an industry for medium and large cities where goods can be shipped to, much like the fuel depot in Pikka's mini-industry set?
Railroad Tycoon 3 has pretty good industry chains (albeit with a completely different, totally addictive complex economic model that would be out of place in TT). Warehouses in RT 3 function to provide demand for goods of various kinds. Along with ports (which are similar), they also act as proxies for import / export off the map (for scenario goals).
lifeblood wrote:Also, can we have the Auto-assembly plant recieve steel as well? There's often stamping taking place at these facilities.
Again, RT3 does this and it works well, the auto plants also need tires, which means a rubber chain, (and in the complex economy, demand for gas / diesel goes up about the same time demand for autos starts).
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

Very cool :)
Denke nie gedacht zu haben, denn das Denken der Gedanken ist gedankenloses Denken.
Wiki Page/Talk, Member of the OpenTTD Scenarios Team
Looking for OpenTTD scenarios? - Here's a List of player-made scenarios. Please help us grow the database with your contributions.

Return to “Graphics Development”