Waste Disposal Stuff and Garbage Trains

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Waste Disposal Stuff and Garbage Trains

Post by NekoMaster »

I just relised something today that all cities in this world generate...

Waste...

We usually use garbage trucks to send garbage to a land fill either in the city or in a near by cities land fill.

I was thinking adding a land fill and Incinerator. both must be built on the outskirts of towns, since they do no good if they're in the middle of no where. But they cant be near water. Maybe have it scripted so that eventually all Incinerators turn into Waste to Energy Plants and you earn a bit more cash since not only are you delivering waste, your also generating power. As for land fills, maybe make it so that eventually they get full and they stay like that unlesss somehow make it so that the waste can be then shiped to a Incinerator.

And maybe have another set add Train wagons compatible with most popular sets like Nars2, UKRS and 2cc Trains that hold either Waste or Garbage. and maybe a Garbage Truck, A Flat bed with Garbage Container (like the ones you see at renovation's or roof repairs.) and a Dump Truck (the kind used for hauling garbage long distances)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Waste Disposal Stuff and Garbage Trains

Post by Eddi »

that is a not-so-bad-as-many-others suggestion, but it is in need of some fine tuning.

the biggest problem you will face is that you need to provide a complete house replacement set in order to have them produce garbage, you cannot modify existing houses.
NekoMaster wrote:Shut it if you have nothing nice to say!
i'm sorry, i am german, which makes me unable to abide to this request.
ever
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Waste Disposal Stuff and Garbage Trains

Post by ever »

Check out the FIRS topic in the OTTD Graphics thread.

Return to “Graphics Development”