The 2ccSet: The Trains of the World in 2cc (Alpha available)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

We are concidering if the region settings are usefull

Yes, please keep them
35%
No, i've never used them, and i cannot see that i ever will either
38%
They are somewhat useful, but they can be compressed into larger ones
27%
I've made a suggestion to what would be a better option
No votes

Total votes: 26

AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

Purno wrote:If it's originally Swedish tho,
Yes, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IORE_engine
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

How about a change of topic title? It's not an MU set anymore.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Hyronymus wrote:How about a change of topic title? It's not an MU set anymore.
Yes Master! :bow:

Next thing you're gonna say it's not completely mine since Snail and Wile donate graphics, right? ;P

EDIT: Update;
Attachments
ccset_veh_preview_25_oct_I.PNG
ccset_veh_preview_25_oct_I.PNG (37.73 KiB) Viewed 1002 times
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
graphics_master
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by graphics_master »

Sprite overload. Looks serously cool. I hope you can realese a taster in a couple of weeks.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

graphics_master wrote:Sprite overload. Looks serously cool. I hope you can realese a taster in a couple of weeks.
Not without someone volunteering to do the coding...

Seriously, the sprites of all those trains in the list are completely finished.
Another thing I need is the statistics. If someone could help me finding those (so a tracking table can be made), I'd greatly appreciate that.

Since there isn't a big difference between the number of peeps who want real stats, and those who want gameplay optimized stats, I think I wanna have both, switchable via a parameter or sth.

Right now, I need stats and a coder. If someone can help me with that, it'd be greatly appreciated :))

Thanks for your enthusiasm, all.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
m4rek
Chairman
Chairman

Post by m4rek »

do my eyes fail me or is there nothing from japan?
Toyland isn't a climate, it's a mistake.
Everyone has a photographic memory - Some just don't have film
No matter how hard life gets, remember there is always light at the end of the tunnel. Let's just hope it's not a train.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

M4rek wrote:do my eyes fail me or is there nothing from japan?
There indeed is nothing from Japan. I did never draw a train for the Japan set, so I do not have these sprites available for my set. All I did for the Japanset was shading some of someone else's work, and that was a loooooooong time ago (one of the first things I did at these forums).

Tho, I might consider drawing some new trains for this set. If there's any train you recommend me, post it here. Preferebly from countries I haven't got trains from. Tho, I do not promise I'll include them.
Image Image
m4rek
Chairman
Chairman

Post by m4rek »

personnally, id prefer the shinkansen, you can draw it yourself or ask nicely in the japan set :wink:
No matter how hard life gets, remember there is always light at the end of the tunnel. Let's just hope it's not a train.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Could be. Tho I don't know what I'll do with the third tracktype. I do not plan to use Shinkansen-alike tracks for that.
Image Image
m4rek
Chairman
Chairman

Post by m4rek »

my shinkansen runs on monorail tracks
graphics_master
Tycoon
Tycoon

I know it is in United Kingdom, but could you draw some Scottish trains.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

graphics_master wrote:I know it is in United Kingdom, but could you draw some Scottish trains.
Not without pictures of them. :wink:
Image Image
graphics_master
Tycoon
Tycoon

:oops: I don't know any Mu's from Scotland.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Then why are you asking me to draw some? :wink:
Image Image
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Well most MU's in scotland are identical to those that operate in England and Wales. If however you do want pictures Purno click on the links of the trains in the fleet section of this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ScotRail#Fleet
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Here are stats for 811 DMU:
Name: Ganz-Mavag 811-816 DMU (811 is head, and 816 is middle car)
Introducing year: 1974
Max. speed: 118 km/h
Power: 735 hp
Weight: 55t
Capacity: 76 passengers (both heads together)
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Ameecher, TBH, all these MUs look quite boring. In TTD they all would look like a box. I already got several of box-shaped MUs in my set, so I think I won't add any others.

Wile, thanks for the stats :)
Image Image
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Almost all British trains are fairly boring I agree, You might like to consider the class 390 pendolino, One of the fastest trains in the UK at the moment. Does 140mph.

It strikes me that the Czech 680 is actually fairly similar to the X2000. Both are awesome trains but they repeat themselves some what.
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

You're welcome. :) And for wagons... well, you know :wink:
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

actually, Purno, make sure you'll add the country of origin in the stats in the purchase window. that would be a fatal flaw. also, the type of cargo it's usually fitted for is very important.

it looks rather stunning, so i'm quite looking forward to this.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster

Return to “Graphics Development”