The 2ccSet: The Trains of the World in 2cc (Alpha available)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

We are concidering if the region settings are usefull

Yes, please keep them
35%
No, i've never used them, and i cannot see that i ever will either
38%
They are somewhat useful, but they can be compressed into larger ones
27%
I've made a suggestion to what would be a better option
No votes

Total votes: 26

Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

Ok, here's a list of some steamers I thought it might be cool (and useful) to include.

The FS Group 895, a small, relatively powerful (for that size) engine for freight operation in the early years;
The French 140C, a classic for transporting cargo where a bit more speed is needed;
The 141TA, built by Swiss SLM for the French PO company. Another important model we shouldn't miss. This one was used mostly for hilly lines, due to its tractive effort.
An essential would be the 5.1201 of Nord company, later renamed 150B by SNCF. By far the most popular and successful freight locomotive in the country. Similar ones were even produced in Germany.
Even the Swiss Elefant (or C 5/6) would be cool to have.
And I was thinking about the NS6300, which I had quite a lot of fun drawing. I don't think I need to describe this engine to you, do I? ;)

As for some faster steamers... I'd say to limit the scope to really early ones, because as soon as the first MUs will be released, they will be the most important thing in the game to carry passengers with.
So my proposal would be the French 230 D, which would be available at the beginning of the game, with a max speed of 110 km/h and a decent amount of power; and/or maybe a Dutch engine, like the NS2100 or something like that.

I hope you find my selection interesting. All these models are drawn, finished, and animated, they only would require recoloring (but it wouldn't be a hard job). If you're interested in some (or all), just tell me and I'll repaint them and give you the stats!

Cheers
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

What a great idea! Set whole done by one who teached many people to draw. :D
Of course, I'm allways for real statistics.
minime wrote:Purno, you drew the Slovak flag incorrectly - the red stripe should be on the bottom, not the top.
Minime, it's Serbian flag, not Slovakian :wink:
BTW, it's 811-816 DMU, produced by cooperation of Ganz-Mavag.
If you need stats, I'll provide them.
And I hope Pendolino will have tilting version. :)
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Dave Worley wrote: In fact, Ameecher has the 168 in his avatar.
It's a 170 actually Dave, but yes they look identical. Which reminds me, Purno, you may want to rename the 168 as a 170 as there are only about 20 168's in the UK and way over 150 170's.
Dave Worley wrote: the 168 has a very slightly front. In fact, Ameecher has the 168 in his avatar.
Yeah the 168 and 170 have a bit of streamlining to them, look at a 168 and a 170
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

What about some of those toher Australian MU's you made not too long ago? They'd look pretty hawt in CC!
Formerly known as Lachie
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

And purno, I forgot, you can use any of my steamers and freight cars. :)
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

minime wrote:Purno, you drew the Slovak flag incorrectly - the red stripe should be on the bottom, not the top.

minime
I didn't. This list doesn't contain a Slovak train, so I didn't draw any Slovak flag. I guess you're mistaken with the Serbian one, aren't you?

---------
Dave Worley wrote:Just my 2cc, Purno (get it? Razz)
Yes I do.
The 168 has a very slightly front. In fact, Ameecher has the 168 in his avatar.

I dunno whether you've left it flat because the curve isn't possible to be shown tho.
I'll take a look at it.

-------
Snail wrote:Ok, here's a list of some steamers I thought it might be cool (and useful) to include.

The FS Group 895, a small, relatively powerful (for that size) engine for freight operation in the early years;
The French 140C, a classic for transporting cargo where a bit more speed is needed;
The 141TA, built by Swiss SLM for the French PO company. Another important model we shouldn't miss. This one was used mostly for hilly lines, due to its tractive effort.
An essential would be the 5.1201 of Nord company, later renamed 150B by SNCF. By far the most popular and successful freight locomotive in the country. Similar ones were even produced in Germany.
Even the Swiss Elefant (or C 5/6) would be cool to have.
And I was thinking about the NS6300, which I had quite a lot of fun drawing. I don't think I need to describe this engine to you, do I? ;)

As for some faster steamers... I'd say to limit the scope to really early ones, because as soon as the first MUs will be released, they will be the most important thing in the game to carry passengers with.
So my proposal would be the French 230 D, which would be available at the beginning of the game, with a max speed of 110 km/h and a decent amount of power; and/or maybe a Dutch engine, like the NS2100 or something like that.

I hope you find my selection interesting. All these models are drawn, finished, and animated, they only would require recoloring (but it wouldn't be a hard job). If you're interested in some (or all), just tell me and I'll repaint them and give you the stats!

Cheers
They all sound pretty interesting. Do you coincidentally have access to sprites of steamers of other countries, like eastern europe, america or asia/australia?

------
Wile E. Coyote wrote:What a great idea! Set whole done by one who teached many people to draw. Very Happy
Of course, I'm allways for real statistics.
Well, I guess it won't be completely done by me. Snail helps with the steamers, and I also need some cargo wagons.
If you need stats, I'll provide them.
Well, if I go for a real-stat version (I'm awaiting poll results), I'd be interested in stats of all those engines and MUs. Which, I guess, would be a hell of a job to find.
And I hope Pendolino will have tilting version.
Pendolino? You mean the Czech EMU-680 by coincidence? No it won't. I do not plan drawing tilting sprites.

------
Ameecher wrote:Which reminds me, Purno, you may want to rename the 168 as a 170 as there are only about 20 168's in the UK and way over 150 170's.
Thanks for that info. If they look identical, I guess that's better to do, indeed.

-------
WhiteHand wrote:What about some of those toher Australian MU's you made not too long ago? They'd look pretty hawt in CC!
I'll reconsider them. I might include another one. Indeed, they look good, but they all look a bit alike. (Besides, the Hunter was the best looking one IMO).

------
Wile E. Coyoto wrote:And purno, I forgot, you can use any of my steamers and freight cars. Smile
Aye, thanks for the offer. Unfortunately I forgot how your freight cars looked like. Would you mind posting a pic of it again?

-----

Thanks for all the input guys :)
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
graphics_master
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by graphics_master »

Purno, your work is perfect as always :P
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Thank you. Meanwhile, I did some more additional work;
Attachments
ccset_veh_preview_24_oct_I.PNG
ccset_veh_preview_24_oct_I.PNG (30.58 KiB) Viewed 5597 times
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Purno wrote:
And I hope Pendolino will have tilting version.
Pendolino? You mean the Czech EMU-680 by coincidence? No it won't. I do not plan drawing tilting sprites.
Yes, I mean EMU 680. If you want, you could use my tilting sprites.
Purno wrote:
Wile E. Coyoto wrote:And purno, I forgot, you can use any of my steamers and freight cars. Smile
Aye, thanks for the offer. Unfortunately I forgot how your freight cars looked like. Would you mind posting a pic of it again?
Sure. Here are some, and you can look in tracking table.
And haven't you drew wagons for European cargo set? It's maybe time to renew it with those locos.
Attachments
Zas-z.gif
Zas-z.gif (1.79 KiB) Viewed 5597 times
Gas-z.gif
Gas-z.gif (1.31 KiB) Viewed 5594 times
Eas-z-c.gif
Eas-z-c.gif (2.42 KiB) Viewed 5591 times

Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

This may well be me being stupid but what is the class 27000 (elec)? As far as I am aware there aren't any trains in the UK with a classification of 27000
Attachments
what.PNG
what.PNG (7.14 KiB) Viewed 5607 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

http://www.wikipedia.nl claims the Dutch class 1500 were BR 27000's;

Picture;

http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afbeelding ... _Works.JPG
Image Image
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Oh yeah I remember, those things were unique for the UK because they ran on a different power to the other electric routes in the UK, that's why you got them because when the route was closed there was no where to transfer them to, that was in the 60's/70's

Edit: It was referred to in the BR TOPS system of numbering as the Class 77.
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

Purno wrote:They all sound pretty interesting. Do you coincidentally have access to sprites of steamers of other countries, like eastern europe, america or asia/australia?
No, unfortunately. I never drew any engines of the like... I only drew an American Mikado used in France as the 141R. There are many great artists who could help you out though ;)
Maybe you might want to include just two or three from each part of the world... as this will be an international set as I understand
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Well, the set was supposed to be completely drawn by me, at the start. But now you'll do the steamers, and Wile E. Coyote will do the freight cars. I do not want that many artists to help / donate graphics, TBH.

And most of the things I've drawn are European.
Image Image
minime
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by minime »

Purno wrote:

minime
I didn't. This list doesn't contain a Slovak train, so I didn't draw any Slovak flag. I guess you're mistaken with the Serbian one, aren't you?
Yeah, I was. What really got me is the fact, that there is a DMU with a model number 811 (rebuilt from model 810, made in Czechoslovakia) that runs in these parts (ČD, ŽSR, MÁV).
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. --Albert Einstein
Image Image Image
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Isn't IORE a swedish loco?
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

SAC wrote:Isn't IORE a swedish loco?
Could be, but I drew it for the Norwegian set.
Image Image
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Oh, okey! :P

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

SAC wrote:Oh, okey! :P
If it's originally Swedish tho, and it uses the same livery as the Norwegian one, please let me know and I'll update the stats. It could be both countries use it. :wink:
Image Image
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Well, for all I know it's used by the mining companies upnorth, LKAB, and takes ore to Narvik in Norway - for further shipping. It's a swedish train but travels into Norway. Just as X2000 which is also a Swedish train! :P

Return to “Graphics Development”