Aviators Aircraft Set (av8) v2.2 25/02/2013

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Born Acorn wrote:Sounds like complete rubbish. How would such a message even be displayed, with no code to recognise seaports?
Can easily be done with callback 31.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

The Shorts seaplane was indeed in an earlier version, but I believe Pikka commented it out of the latest version due to the lack of support.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

DanMacK wrote:The Shorts seaplane was indeed in an earlier version, but I believe Pikka commented it out of the latest version due to the lack of support.
Actually, it's not commented out at all; it's still in the release version of the set, just with its climate byte set to 0. So it's quite possible that BlasterTransport's friend managed to get one in the hangar, if he built it with the grf file disabled...

wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

So this all begs the next question:

Who is working on Seaports and how are they doing?
We need to get this baby off the ground ... erm ... water?
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

wallyweb wrote:Who is working on Seaports and how are they doing?
Lakie and Csaba were working on newairports, but I don't think anything's happened on that front lately.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

PikkaBird wrote:
wallyweb wrote:Who is working on Seaports and how are they doing?
Lakie and Csaba were working on newairports, but I don't think anything's happened on that front lately.
And Csaba's been a bit busy helping out rebuild some houses. But I understand the scafolding is due to come down today so maybe on the way home he'll pick up Lakie and drive on by the beach for a look. :wink:
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

I have been busy with University, and that doesn't end for another week.
Unfortunately I have a lot of work to cover and revise over the holidays though.

So I wouldn't expect too much development, also the pathfinder needs to be fixed first.
After that the little things like that can be attempted and added to the patch. ;)
Also irregular airports needs to be fixed up properly, unfortunately I left a few bugs in its code. :cry:

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
johanfrc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by johanfrc »

I'm a allmost newbiee, and I want to test your aircraft package. I must say that it looks great.

But I get an error:

Sprite#86 (24/5).

I uses TTDPatch 2.5 rev. 9

I don't know anything about codes and so on.

I've tried to remove all other newgrf's but I stil gets the error.
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

What is your "experimentalfeatures.mandatorygrm" setting in your ttdpatch.cfg ?
It should be off.
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
johanfrc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by johanfrc »

It was set to on. That solved my problem. Thanks A LOT.
habell
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by habell »

I've a problem with this set.
Many planes seem to be missing sprites.
Some are invisible when flying to the north-east others have no landing or take-off sprites.

Is this a known problem or are some other sets messing with this one?

The active GRF-files are:

Code: Select all

TTRSv2
UKRSv3.01
UKRSIv2.0
newsshipsw
indstatw
all long vehicles v3
newbridges
I'll try to update this list when I'm at home.
But maybe someone already knows what the problem is.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

habell wrote:Many planes seem to be missing sprites.
Some are invisible when flying to the north-east others have no landing or take-off sprites.
Can you give me an example, and/or a screenshot of an invisible plane? What version of the patch/OTTD are you running?
habell
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by habell »

PikkaBird wrote:What version of the patch/OTTD are you running?
TTDPatch 2.5 rev. 9

I'll try to post a screenie of an invisible plane :lol:
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

Pikka this set is just... WONDERFUL!
To say the truth it is the most amazing work for ttd i ever seen, the landing and take off gfx look so damn cool i can't stop looking at them, geez i spammed kirk's server with as muchh planes as i could I just love them!
Keep up the fantastic work!
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

I think i fuond a bug either in the set or in openttd I am able to refit the a380 to goods oversized which changes into an a300.
Attachments
roborail, 5th Oct 2029.png
roborail, 5th Oct 2029.png (135.85 KiB) Viewed 1230 times
roborail, 24th May 2029.png
roborail, 24th May 2029.png (144.47 KiB) Viewed 1241 times
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

robo, that is an a300 in both screenshots...
habell wrote:I'll try to post a screenie of an invisible plane :lol:
well, it should still appear in the plane list, and you should still be able to open its plane window, yes? Knowing which plane it is and when it disappears will be helpful to solving the problem.
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by 459 »

That goods-laden A300 looks like the A300 Beluga, which in real life is used by Airbus Industrie to transport fuselage sections. Every now and then they also carry oversized or relatively lightweight cargo.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0826623/M/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airbus_Beluga
http://www.airbus.com/en/services/airtransport/

I'm not sure whether this kind of Beluga refit livery is put there intentionally by the set developer.
Last edited by 459 on 04 Jan 2007 21:07, edited 1 time in total.
Planeset has been officially released!
Get it here. Help us to draw liveries for all planes!
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

459 wrote:That goods-laden A300 looks like the A300 Beluga, which in real life is used by Airbus Industrie to transport fuselage sections. Every now and then they also carry oversized or relatively lightweight cargo.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0826623/M/

I'm not sure whether this kind of Beluga refit livery is put there intentionally by the set developer.
I think you may well find that was the intention of Pikka, these sort of things don't happen by mistake! :P
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Hmm. This set certainly has a very different feel of what the planes are supposed to look like. I find myself wishing that the coding work found here could be duplicated in the Planeset, and all the cool features like variable speeds and landing gear; but personally I like the look of the Planeset aircraft better, as it's more realistic. These remind me of LoMo's somewhat cartoony appearance. I know there's a lot of people that like TTD that way; and then, there are some people who go for superrealistic TTD graphics, like the North American buildings. Interesting that there are such totally different visions of how things should look.

And again, we run up against the limitations of number-of-aircraft. Eh, someday....
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
nwa320
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nwa320 »

Hey,
First of all great work on the set, its excellent!

Is there any way we could insert some interum aircraft into the remaining slots untill newairports are ready? I really miss the MD80, A340 and 757.

Perhaps we could group together some aircraft to save slots... like have the A340 and A330 be a single plane, and you buy it as an A330 graphic but can refit it to "passengers(A340)" to get that graphic.
GARBAGE - The One and Only
New Album (Bleed Like Me) is Awesome

Return to “Graphics Development”