Aviators Aircraft Set (av8) v2.2 25/02/2013

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

that is the plan, there are planes that werent released because they required seaports aswell. Ther are new airports drawn for this set, but the feature isnt ready.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
m4rek
Chairman
Chairman

Post by m4rek »

is there space for the Learjet c-20 Gulfstream in this amazing set?

Gulfstream: luxury aircraft, 14 passangers (or very near that), cost $22.2 million, gliding properties of a brick.

- this plane is a perfect example of a suggestion i will soon make in the appropriate forum.
Toyland isn't a climate, it's a mistake.
Everyone has a photographic memory - Some just don't have film
No matter how hard life gets, remember there is always light at the end of the tunnel. Let's just hope it's not a train.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Spaceball wrote:The Boeing 747 in the Planeset has been rendered too. :wink:

cu, Spaceball
But all the planes in this set are rendered. :p
jonty-comp
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jonty-comp »

robotboy wrote:Ther are new airports drawn for this set, but the feature isnt ready.
Actually, as far as I know, there's a perfectly usable NewAirports system in the nightlies, just nobody has written any NewAirports GRFs yet. :D
(try 'newairports on' in the latest nightly, all it does without GRFs is change the airport selector to a drop-down menu)
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

jonty-comp wrote:
robotboy wrote:Ther are new airports drawn for this set, but the feature isnt ready.
Actually, as far as I know, there's a perfectly usable NewAirports system in the nightlies, just nobody has written any NewAirports GRFs yet. :D
(try 'newairports on' in the latest nightly, all it does without GRFs is change the airport selector to a drop-down menu)
But no! That is not true! There is no newaiports support!

*me laughs at jonty-comp as promised*
jonty-comp
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jonty-comp »

No! I tell the truth!
Attachments
:O
:O
airportmenu.PNG (5.72 KiB) Viewed 7812 times
m4rek
Chairman
Chairman

Post by m4rek »

using the drop down menu, would it be possible to make several different airport graphics?
No matter how hard life gets, remember there is always light at the end of the tunnel. Let's just hope it's not a train.
jonty-comp
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jonty-comp »

I think that's the idea. :]
Dave

Post by Dave »

M4rek wrote:using the drop down menu, would it be possible to make several different airport graphics?
"Using the Bible, would it be possible to learn about God?"
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

jonty-comp wrote:No! I tell the truth!
That's just a GUI change as a precursor. There is no support.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

You'll have a hard time to trying to use newAirports it lacks a pathfinder at current. :)
The gui is able to cope with new airports though, yes.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Lakie wrote:You'll have a hard time to trying to use newAirports it lacks a pathfinder at current. :)
Or any new graphics support...
M4rek wrote:is there space for the Learjet c-20 Gulfstream in this amazing set?
The short answer is "no".

The long answer is that I had considered using ID 0x28 for "frivolous" aircraft, which don't actually transport anything but can just be used for flying around the map. But modelling, rendering and coding an aircraft is a lot of work, so it's not a priority right now.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

PikkaBird wrote:
Lakie wrote:You'll have a hard time to trying to use newAirports it lacks a pathfinder at current. :)
Or any new graphics support...
Yeah well, got to fix the path finder before doing the trival task of new graphics, Pikka. :)
Anyway, it does support new layouts (no tile graphic layouts) and the gui does work... (proof attached).

[edit] And fixing / creating a new pathfinder is fairly hard (infact the hardest part of newAirports).

~ Lakie
Attachments
Pikka's 4x4 Airport.png
Pikka's 4x4 Airport.png (22.77 KiB) Viewed 7680 times
Gui test.png
Gui test.png (1.69 KiB) Viewed 7675 times
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
CPCNMAN007
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by CPCNMAN007 »

Nice, an aiport for 4 planes
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

I don't think that is an airport for 4 planes, I think it as an airport that is 4x4 tiles rather than the 4x3. That is how I understood the screenshot anyway...
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

I think Pikka planned that airport to be 2 planes?
That wasn't the point anyway, it was to show there is some level of support in the patch, just not a usable level yet.

~ Lakie
m4rek
Chairman
Chairman

Post by m4rek »

pikkabird wrote:
M4rek wrote:is there space for the Learjet c-20 Gulfstream in this amazing set?
The short answer is "no".

The long answer is that I had considered using ID 0x28 for "frivolous" aircraft, which don't actually transport anything but can just be used for flying around the map. But modelling, rendering and coding an aircraft is a lot of work, so it's not a priority right now.
actually, it does transport passengers... 14 last time i checked
running cost could be balanced to make it fair...
or, once i actually post it, we could have a look at a suggestion im going to make(yes i will actually post it within 14 days)

EDIT: check out these:
http://www.aso.com/i.aso3/search.jsp?ia ... group=true
LSky
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LSky »

nice work!
Last edited by LSky on 25 Oct 2006 12:15, edited 1 time in total.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

The trouble with using a Gulfstream is that it won't carry enough passengers to be economical. Pikka uses realistic pricing which makes the game much harder to play because you really have to save up for the good stuff and then it is expensive to run. Carrying 14 passengers is really pointless the plane would always make a loss and would really be a waste of an ID slot aswell because even if it did make enough money it would be silly because the airports would get very busy.
Griff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Griff »

I downloaded this for Openttd Nightlies, and it did not replace the original helicopters with the new ones.
Ukončete, prosím, výstup a nástup, dveře se zavírají

Return to “Graphics Development”