[Released!] The UK Roadset - 1.1 Released!

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Would you use this set if it had "drive on right" ability?

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes: 127

Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [Released!] The UK Roadset - 1.1 Released!

Post by Eddi »

TTRS has parameters to disable their road replacement. this is necessary if you want to use other road replacements.

also, changing the order of the NewGRFs may have an effect.
b1tm4rx1st
Engineer
Engineer

Re:

Post by b1tm4rx1st »

Lakie wrote:Yes... and for bridge overrides always remember that the road set is lower in the newgrf.cfg than the bridge.
Otherwise it won't override the graphics (obviously). :)

And now I can focus on learning to cook properly now. ;)

~ Lakie
Yea then the UK Roadset does work correctly but still the total bridge renewal set has his original road structure
Awesometrains
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re:

Post by Awesometrains »

Born Acorn wrote:Just noticed 1.0e and have added to first post and the 'Terminal.
I don't understand.
Qa'pla!
Sylf
President
President

Re: Re:

Post by Sylf »

Awesometrains wrote:
Born Acorn wrote:Just noticed 1.0e and have added to first post and the 'Terminal.
I don't understand.
It doesn't mean anything other than the fact that he updated the first post in this thread and his site called Transport Tycoon Terminal. (Did you really need to dig up the 9 year old post?)
Awesometrains
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Re:

Post by Awesometrains »

Sylf wrote:
Awesometrains wrote:
I don't understand.
It doesn't mean anything other than the fact that he updated the first post in this thread and his site called Transport Tycoon Terminal. (Did you really need to dig up the 9 year old post?)
oh , well I just was like "terminal , what is this dude talking about"
Qa'pla!
Davie_UCF
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Davie_UCF »

How do I use the UK roadset with the total bridge renewal set?

If I don't use a bridge replacement I get holes in my wooden bridges.. Is there any solution?
East of England/East Anglia scenario/map released!! http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=205440#205440
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Davie_UCF wrote:How do I use the UK roadset with the total bridge renewal set?

If I don't use a bridge replacement I get holes in my wooden bridges.. Is there any solution?
You get holes in your bridges because OpenTTD has changed some of the sprites and UK Roadset hasn't updated for those changes with the default bridges. TBRS isn't coded to use the NewGRF roadset that's loaded, you have to have custom versions that include a particular road set's sprites. Back four years ago Quast65 created the grahpics for a TBRS UK Roadset release, but Thergo has yet to use them. It's possible that Quast65 has his own private version, don't know if he'd share it or upload it if he does have one.
Gliptal
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gliptal »

So this is probably a lost cause, but is there a way to use this roadset and OpenGFX+ landscape road tunnels? I'd gladly settle on a mismatch between the UK and tunnel roads. As it stands now, they seem to be mutually exclusive: if you load this set first, you get vanilla (terrible looking IMHO) tunnels; if you load OpenGFX+ first, you get nice tunnels but no more UK roads.

Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Gliptal wrote:So this is probably a lost cause, but is there a way to use this roadset and OpenGFX+ landscape road tunnels?
What you could do for your personal games is decode the UK-roadset, replace the tunnel graphics with the ones you want (either also decode Opengfx+landscape or find the graphics in its dev-zone) and recode UK-roadset again.
While replacing the graphics, you could then also change the vanilla-road used in the Opengfx-tunnels to a matching UK road.
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Gliptal
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gliptal »

Quast65 wrote:
Gliptal wrote:So this is probably a lost cause, but is there a way to use this roadset and OpenGFX+ landscape road tunnels?
What you could do for your personal games is decode the UK-roadset, replace the tunnel graphics with the ones you want (either also decode Opengfx+landscape or find the graphics in its dev-zone) and recode UK-roadset again.
While replacing the graphics, you could then also change the vanilla-road used in the Opengfx-tunnels to a matching UK road.
Thanks, that's what I thought. Ended up using the US roadset, especially for the dirt roads feauture.

Return to “Graphics Development”