Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Would you use this set if it had "drive on right" ability?
Yes 72%  72%  [ 87 ]
No 28%  28%  [ 34 ]
Total votes: 121
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:53 pm 
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Judging from the error message, I believe that is more a of bug with OpenTTD binary and its set of patches. ;)
The grf hasn't changed so it must be something within that set of compiled binary and its code.

However I am aware that OpenTTD has recently changed how it handles road/rail sets, I don't know if this will knacker older methods though.
Currently there are no plans implement this new method, that may change around what Born_Acorn wants, and of course if he is willing to supply the new graphics.

~ Lakie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:54 pm 
Cymedrolwr
Cymedrolwr

Tell me what you need and I can provide them!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:13 pm 
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

That error message usually translates to "I found a real sprite while looking for a pseudo sprite. Please skip the real sprites too."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:29 pm 
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

I'm aware of what the error translates to, DaleStan, its the fact it doesn't happen with OpenTTD 6.3 or TTDpatch (nightlies) which makes me thing its something that has changed in OpenTTD's trunk to break it.

~ Lakie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:49 pm 
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

peter1138 has made the NewGRF loading more strict and disables "invalid" ones instead of trying to make the best of it.

Loading UKRoadset (the dos one):
dbg: [grf] [UKRoadset.grf:481] SkipIf: Skipping 82 sprites, test was true
dbg: [grf] [UKRoadset.grf:564] LoadNewGRFFile: Unexpected sprite, disabling

Sprite 564 is a real sprite instead of the action sprite it expected (I hope I used the right name here).

0.6.3 would just skip the real sprites until it found something that it could use, but that's most likely not what was meant when writing the NewGRF.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:47 pm 
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Peter has worked it out. Apparently there was a change to the Action7 specification which OpenTTD didn't notice which has lead to this problem (and I've long forgotten about the change too). :oops:
I believe he is working on how to fix it now. (TTDpatch r1384).

~ Lakie

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:58 pm 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

This set dousent seem to like the UK gated crossings set as i get default roads on them
see image (loaded with crossings below roadset)

if i load with the newgrfs the other way round i dont get the gated crossings at all

Attachments:
roadproblem.png
roadproblem.png [ 17.54 KiB | Viewed 3066 times ]

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:00 pm 
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

This is due to the nature of how those sprites exist, currently there isn't a 'merge' system, so the last applied sprite takes presidence.
Either this road set could be modified with some special overrides for that grf, or that grfprovides compatibility for this road set, either way it would require one of the grfs to add compatibility for the other.

I believe Peter was working on a system around this but I don't know what happened to it.

~ Lakie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:04 am 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

I have posted the same messgae in the topic for the crossings as I feel they are 2 sets that are likly to be used together,

hopefully somhow either one of you can make them compatable in the way that yours works with Pikka's bridge etc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:03 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

ive done that one aswell only the roads at my game turn blue .. see screeny , is this suppose to happen ??
O.o maybe its clowdy in my game and its the shadow of the clouds O.o ?

:- )

its fixed now :) thnx

Attachments:
GDS-Xsys, 17th Jan 2160.png [915.39 KiB]
Downloaded 81 times

Last edited by GDS on Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:13 pm 
President
President

That looks like a windows grf loaded with dos palette

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:09 pm 
Cymedrolwr
Cymedrolwr

Lakie wrote:
This is due to the nature of how those sprites exist, currently there isn't a 'merge' system, so the last applied sprite takes presidence.
Either this road set could be modified with some special overrides for that grf, or that grfprovides compatibility for this road set, either way it would require one of the grfs to add compatibility for the other.

I believe Peter was working on a system around this but I don't know what happened to it.

~ Lakie

I can graphically make this happen if the original author, and yourself are up for it, although I don't think I've seen cornelius since the BNG Set died.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:48 pm 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Hmmm well it seems that the UK gated crossing is dead....

prehaps gates and if possible full barriers (paved roads) and AHBs (unpaved roads) could be coded into the next version of the UK roadset! (presuming the level crossing sprites are part of the road sprites rather than the railway sprites)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:15 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

dasy2k1 wrote:
Hmmm well it seems that the UK gated crossing is dead....

prehaps gates and if possible full barriers (paved roads) and AHBs (unpaved roads) could be coded into the next version of the UK roadset! (presuming the level crossing sprites are part of the road sprites rather than the railway sprites)

Like so? OK - just so you know, this is not only my first post but my first attempt at graphics of any kind! I'm also not sure whether I can post the final work as well, as I'm just banging the sprites into the existing roadset. Lots to learn!

Attachments:
File comment: WIP
ahbopen.png
ahbopen.png [ 94.13 KiB | Viewed 2255 times ]
File comment: Still WIP - but it flashes!
ahbclosed.png
ahbclosed.png [ 48.17 KiB | Viewed 2255 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:24 pm 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Looking good!
Have to ask the coding gurus if you can have a different level crossing after a certain date (eg build gates before the automatically build semaphores date and ahbs after (with possible full barrier on roads with street lights)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:39 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Level crossings are governed by the track set, as long as it makes use of the new railtypes feature. there it can also check the date, so might be possible to implement your suggestion.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:03 am 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Sounds possible.. would the level crossings need to be in the roadset, railset or a separate grf?

Thinking that this roadset plus pikas railset (for ukrs2) would look very good with British level crossings

I might even have a go at drawing some if I can work out how to get the sprites from the grf (the road sprites) will be the first things I have drawn tho so have no clue how to start

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:30 am 
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Level crossings must be part of the railtypes NewGRF - and are independent of the underlying road.

DevZone - home of the free NewGRFs: OpenSFX | OpenMSX | OpenGFX | Swedish Rails | OpenGFX+ Trains|RV|Industries|Airports|Landscape | NML

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:34 pm 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Hmm looks like its PikkaBird I need to speak with then as its his UK finescale tracks that I think this would be the most appropiate rail grf to put these in

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:03 pm 
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Maybe this has been mentioned elsewhere.

FYI, this pair of choice roadsets (i.e., the signage version as well) are not compatible with the newGRF "Total_Town_Replacement_Set-3.14.tar".

In addition, the texts in their listings as displayed in the newGRF settings index -- either in or out of a game -- are always white/grey instead of the customary orange. Also, I have no idea what I might've done to upgrade their corresponding left-hand boxy status indicators within the index from what had been customarily blue to green. (Me, I can't readily tell what the blue colour itself must signify, although the red and green ones seem pretty obvious.)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next