[Released!] The UK Roadset - 1.1 Released!

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Would you use this set if it had "drive on right" ability?

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes: 127

Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Okay, all graphics are now done.

All road tiles (except monorail and maglev crossings)

Pikka's brick viaduct:

Purno's Bridges:

Maglev and Monorail Crossings:

GUI Implementations:

Rob's Bridge (at the request of Raichase a while ago. :p )

Remaining Missed Sprites
Attachments
UKRoadset.zip
(302.25 KiB) Downloaded 386 times
Last edited by Born Acorn on 28 Nov 2006 18:45, edited 3 times in total.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

I've started coding... it's slow since I'm currently revising for a Mathematics test tomorrow. 8)

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Several hours later, and early in the morning, I post my current progress.

Hopefully, I will get some new Arctic road sprites which aren't so 'bright' as well as the rest of the GUI sprites from Born Acorn soon.
Also I need to solve a few overrides and conflicts, nothing too complex (I hope).

Attached is a screen shot of how they currently look (with the only 2 overrides working). ;)

[edit] Might be a while before I find time again to finish it off though.

~ Lakie
Attachments
UK Roadset - WIP.png
UK Roadset - WIP.png (76.12 KiB) Viewed 9475 times
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Looking good! 8)
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

First post updated; V1 Released!
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Yes... and for bridge overrides always remember that the road set is lower in the newgrf.cfg than the bridge.
Otherwise it won't override the graphics (obviously). :)

And now I can focus on learning to cook properly now. ;)

~ Lakie
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

If there's enough demand, I'll do a Japanese landscape version, an AUSLand landscape version, and a right hand side version, depending on respective demand, and Lakie's free time and willingness to code such ventures or not.
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

Born Acorn wrote:Okay, all graphics are now done.
looking good! one thing i indeed noticed when last time in Cambridge was how beautiful the Dutch concrete is compared to yours. :wink:
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Downloaded. :D It works, but there are compatibility issues when you're using multiple bridgesets. I like using PB's viaduct with Purno's new bridges, because it replaces the wooden bridge, the most useless of them all. But adding UKRoadsetw.grf gives some odd graphics. Fortunately, the speed limit is still 128km/h.

I think this may be due to the bridge sprites being part of the road set. I can, for example, use the US Road set without problems because both bridge sets have sprites for US roads.
Attachments
Little Hendingstone Transport, 4th Feb 1941.png
Little Hendingstone Transport, 4th Feb 1941.png (70.9 KiB) Viewed 9293 times
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

I don't think using two bridge sets works, as both have wooden bridge replacements.

However, may I suggest fiddling with the order of the bridge sets and the UKR? It can sometimes produce wildy different results.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

I don't know if you noticed, but Pikka's Bridge technically conflicts with Purno's bridges.

The grf assumes the user is 'clever' enough not to do such conflicts...
I guess it could be fixed by an internal rearrangement of the grf.

~ Lakie
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Born Acorn wrote:I don't think using two bridge sets works, as both have wooden bridge replacements.

However, may I suggest fiddling with the order of the bridge sets and the UKR? It can sometimes produce wildy different results.
At the moment I have the GRFs prioritised like this: New Bridges, Brick Viaduct, and UK Roads. If I switch New Bridges and Brick Viaduct around, I will lose the viaduct and its 128km/h speed limit because now New Bridges has the higher priority. There's not much for me to do, unfortunately, because the UKR needs the highest priority in order to have the correct bridge sprites.
Lakie wrote:I don't know if you noticed, but Pikka's Bridge technically conflicts with Purno's bridges.

The grf assumes the user is 'clever' enough not to do such conflicts...
I guess it could be fixed by an internal rearrangement of the grf.

~ Lakie
Yes, because both have replacements for the wooden bridge. But give the viaduct a higher priority, and everything works exactly as I want it to. There is no graphical or functional conflict, which is all that matters to me, really. I guess I should thank Pikkabird and Szappy for not coding in the disabling of other GRFs when there's a conflict. ;)
------
Going a bit off-topic now...I think that people should avoid having their GRFs disabling themselves or disabling other GRFs whenever possible. Give warnings, sure, but don't disable them, because many people like mixing and matching. There are some sets I'd like to use together, but can't, due to this.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Well, I've changed the order and fixed a bug.
So hopefully that should help you out.
I've attached a new version, 1.0a. :P

If you want a debate over whether grfs should try to check for each other start a new topic for it. ;)

~ Lakie
Attachments
UKRoadset.zip
v1.0a
(291.43 KiB) Downloaded 376 times
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

:shock: It works!
Thanks. :D
Attachments
Little Hendingstone Transport, 14th Feb 1941.png
Little Hendingstone Transport, 14th Feb 1941.png (70.93 KiB) Viewed 9215 times
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

First post's file updated to newest version.

Also, good news is on the horizon, as we have permission to make Ausland and Japanese landscape compatible roads.
Attachments
ukroadsetausland.png
ukroadsetausland.png (26.41 KiB) Viewed 9188 times
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Woo, yay, this is the best roadset ever! Download it! I insist*!

* This post not sponsored by Born Acorn Industries, honestly.

It does look pretty good though. I shall try it in my next UKRS game. ;)
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

I've found another bug. The yellow steel suspension bridge does not have the correct road sprites. It is the only one that doesn't, and disabling PB's viaduct doesn't solve the problem.
Attachments
bridge bug.png
bridge bug.png (55.07 KiB) Viewed 9000 times
Last edited by White Rabbit on 27 Nov 2006 21:22, edited 1 time in total.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Could be due the fact that bridge isn't replaced in my bridge set either.
Dunno for sure tho.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Most lightly indeed, I assumed all sprites were replaced, but apparently not.
I will fix sometime soon. :P

~ Lakie
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

And 50 minutes on, I have a small fix for you.

v1.0b;
* fixed missing sprites in Purno's bridge replacements.

~ Lakie
Attachments
UKRoadset.zip
(300.62 KiB) Downloaded 369 times

Return to “Graphics Development”