[Released!] The UK Roadset - 1.1 Released!

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Would you use this set if it had "drive on right" ability?

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes: 127

Dave

Post by Dave »

Yes. And French, German, Italian, Spanish... Oh.. ONLY ABOUT 80% OF THE WORLD'S ROAD SYSTEMS!
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Lakie wrote:A new version supporting drive on right side (from v1.0e onwards). 8)
So, I take it you figured out var 86?
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Eventually, took a while to understand the wiki and figure out I was editing the wrong file. :oops:

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Just noticed 1.0e and have added to first post and the 'Terminal.
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

Many thanks for the drive on right side version, looks so great :D

It seems there is only one little glitch left at the tunnel entrance, as you can see at the attached pic.

Keep up the good work :D
Attachments
UKRoadset in action...
UKRoadset in action...
Sleepie InterTrans, 20. Mai 1969.png (137.64 KiB) Viewed 8864 times
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

GRFCodec should have objected to that. In fact, my copy does. Loudly.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Apparently it was caused by Born_Acorn missing rows of pixels on some sprites...
Fixed for now, v1.0f...

[Edit] Seems that some of the sprites Born Acorn gave were badly broken anyway.
I've fixed them up with what little graphics skill I have.

And it appears attach didn't work the first time.

~ Lakie
Attachments
UKRoadset.zip
(329.96 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

Wow, incredible fast fix :D Many thanks :D
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

Well after some playing I have found another minor bug. In some cases the left side graphics are displayed instead of the right side ones.

After some additional testing I could narrow down the problem. It only occurs in the sub-arctic climate (I could not reproduce this in temperate or sub-tropic; I could not test japan or ausland landscape because i don't have them :wink:).

Only normal road tiles below the snow line are affected (stonewalked, avenue or snowy roads are not affected by this). I have attached a pic which showcase the problem.
Attachments
Problem showcase...
Problem showcase...
UKRoadset1.0f_MinorBug.png (12.04 KiB) Viewed 8704 times
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Yep, looks like Born Acorn messed up on the graphics, you'll have to wait until he provides fixed versions.

~ Lakie
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

No problem, as I said it's only a minor bug, so it doesn't matter a lot. :wink:
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

The sprites are here.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Yes Born Acorn, and if one looks, sprites 147 and 148 are wrong compared to the rest on that spritesheet.
Hence why I said it needs you to redraw / handle them. ;)

~ Lakie
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

No they aren't, because I re-drew them last night and uploaded them this morning.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

I blame Firefox, I did turn off caching but apparently it cached it anyway.
Fixed some sprite errors and changed the sprites which were wrong, now v1.0g.

~ Lakie
Attachments
UKRoadset.zip
(330.96 KiB) Downloaded 327 times
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

Thanks again Born Acorn and Lakie :D

Keep it up :D
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Untied Kingdom Roadset (UKR) v1.1

Yay, finally climate support for the Japan* and AusLand climate grfs.

Also please noes not work with TTRSv3 Roads, it was up to Born Acorn and he wanted it this way.
You will have to disable them (using parameter 3 of TTRSv3) before you can use it with UKR.

* - It should work fine with Japan Land (grfid with last octet 00) with OpenTTD and TTDpatch Beta 9, from TTDpatch 2.5 r1384 onwards it will work with any version of Japan Land (since the last octet will store Japan Land version).

Enjoy,
~ Lakie
Attachments
UKRoadset.zip
(413.24 KiB) Downloaded 338 times
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Lakie wrote:Also please noes not work with TTRSv3 Roads, it was up to Born Acorn and he wanted it this way.
That makes it sound like I hate it or something.

I was given a choice of what to do, and not supporting it required less resources.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

UKR v1.1a

Post by Lakie »

Just a small fix version, which fixes the detection of TTRS3's roads being active.

~ Lakie
Attachments
UKRoadset.zip
(413.25 KiB) Downloaded 413 times
dasy2k1
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: [Released!] The UK Roadset - 1.1 Released!

Post by dasy2k1 »

For some reason it dousent work anymore with Celstarts Cargodest patch.

it worked fine with older versions but now it gives me this error
Attachments
Grondingwood Transport, 7th Dec 1960.png
Grondingwood Transport, 7th Dec 1960.png (21.85 KiB) Viewed 5667 times

Return to “Graphics Development”